U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:05 AM

337 posts, read 328,267 times

Advertisements

God will make us more like him whether we want to or not, whether we rebel or not, whether we fight it or not. Enjoy the ride!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 AM

6,826 posts, read 4,619,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I am getting closer to the Lord. I still may be a little rebellious and not believe everything. I am hardly an Evangelical. But, I am otherwise begining to see the light. I am fighting my sexual addictions and the way society influences me to look at sex. I still drink, but I am not a drunk. Jesus is working on me.
Sex isn't the problem, but lust for extramarital individuals. The scriptures state it's not good for a man to be alone. Marriage is a God-sanctified institution. The bed is undefiled with a woman in marriage. Adultery and fornication destroys the soul however. The Proverbs instruct us to flee youthful lusts which damn man's souls to perdition. If one can't contain, they should find a partner. Jesus said it, and Paul reaffirms it.

It is a spirit of lust that has been assigned. We can obey it or rebuke it. It can be overcome by the Holy Ghost. I was right there with you and if not careful, I could be under the bondage of lustful sin again. As Jesus points out in the the gospel of Luke, the condition could be worse than the first. It is a scary thing. So I try to remove myself from the location of temptation. The scriptures declare we are servant to whom we obey. It is very true. It can be overcome by the Holy Spirit.

It is said woman is the measure of a man's weakness. The stronger sex is really the weaker sex because of the stronger sex's weakness for the weaker sex. The root of the problem is lack of fear of the Lord leading to pride which leads to covetousness>adultery. The heart is deceitfully wicked so we can't trust it. We need to trust the Word Jesus Christ. Casting down the thoughts as opposed to entertaining them. The spiritual war is waged in the mind.

Keep in mind the LORD's cup of Babylon is being held out for all those that choose to drink it. It's only going to get worse before Messiah returns. The nations are sick from the "Woman" Babylon. The sickness is sin in which they are in bondage to. It is no coincidence that immorality is everywhere we see because it is being allowed by the Lord of Hosts. We have to meet the demand not to drink from the cup. Not tempting ourselves by putting us in dangerous tempestuous situations will help. I no longer go to the bar for example.

Jeremiah 51:6-8

6Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this is the time of the LORD's vengeance; he will render unto her a recompence.

7Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD's hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

8Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed.

Matthew 18:7
Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

As offenses must come to the world, we don't want to be those to who they come by drinking from the cup of Babylon the LORD is allowing holding it out with his hand through spiritual wickedness in high places. The wine being alluded to is sin. Instead of drinking the blood of Messiah (Our personal savior in atonement of sins) they are drinking from the sins of the world. If we don't take part of the offenses, someone else will. It is inevitable. We don't want to be those people.

Come out of Babylon friend. It's enemy territory. The Holy Spirit will convict and transform. The transformation is a spiritual growth which takes time. There will be falls, but we need to get back up and grab the cross. We are living witnesses for the Lord of Hosts if we profess the name of the King.

Progression of sin

1) Tempting ourselves - putting ourselves in situations which invite temptation
2) Being Tempted - Being tempted through the environment we put ourselves in
3) Tempting the Lord - acting out the temptation

Does not always follow this paradigm, but this comes from

Proverbs 7

1My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.

2Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

3Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

4Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:

5That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.

6For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,

7And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,

8Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,

9In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:

10And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

11(She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

13So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,

14I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

15Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

16I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.

17I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

18Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.

19For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:

20He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.

21With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

22He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;

23Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

24Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.

25Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.

26For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.

27Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

"And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered."
Malachi 3:15

Last edited by Mikelee81; 12-09-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 12-09-2011, 11:36 AM

17,968 posts, read 11,975,992 times
God does not require you stop your sex addiction or your drinking before coming to Him.
You can always work on those things later.

The important thing is to believe Christ died for our sins, was entombed and rose again the third day.
If you really believe God that Christ died for our sins then this is proof you are saved.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:05 PM

6,826 posts, read 4,619,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God does not require you stop your sex addiction or your drinking before coming to Him.
You can always work on those things later.

The important thing is to believe Christ died for our sins, was entombed and rose again the third day.
If you really believe God that Christ died for our sins then this is proof you are saved.
Amen! God did it all on the cross. Through the sealing of the Holy Spirit through repentance, the spirit will convict and prepare us for witness for Messiah. Repentance is understanding fully that Jesus died for our personal sins taking our place in death for what we rightfully deserve from a righteous God. This repentance is a process of turning away from the old way and toward the new way.

We are justified in the presence of God/saved from perdition by what Messiah did for us by accepting him being sealed by the Holy Spirit clothing ourselves in his righteousness. In sanctification of the body through the power of the Holy Spirit, we can then overcome sin in a process of spiritual growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or