Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 12:31 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times

Advertisements

I am getting closer to the Lord. I still may be a little rebellious and not believe everything. I am hardly an Evangelical. But, I am otherwise begining to see the light. I am fighting my sexual addictions and the way society influences me to look at sex. I still drink, but I am not a drunk. Jesus is working on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 PM

461 posts, read 480,724 times
Keep on seeking.Don't quit.You can do it.

The Lord says this;

BK of JN;
The one who comes from above is above all. Those who belong to the world are worldly and speak in a worldly way. But the one who comes from heaven .
He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony.
Whoever does accept his testimony certifies that God is trustworthy.
For the one whom God sent speaks the words of God. He does not ration his gift of the Spirit.
The Father loves the Son and has given everything over to him.
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.

No one can see the reign of God without being born from above.
No one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.
Flesh makes flesh ,spirit makes spirit.

The hour is coming, and is now here, when genuine worshipers will worship the Lord in spirit and truth, for the Lord wants such people to worship him. For God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

If you continue in my words, you are truly be my disciples,
then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin.
A servant does not remain in a household forever, but a son always remains.
So if the son frees you, you will truly be free.

I am the resurrection and the life; anyone who believes in me, even though he died, he will come to life, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.

I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Lord except through me.
If you know me, then you will also know my Father
Whoever has seen me has seen the Lord.
Do you not believe that I am in the Lord and the Lord is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Lord who lives in me is doing his works.
Believe me that I am in the Lord and the Lord is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves.
Truly I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father. And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:53 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
When I first came to Christ , it was a run for your life , fighting the dark spirit all the way, who would have known , but it still took and five years for some peace to come , Just never stop and go back to the world and Jesus will bless you for that......

Old 12-07-2011, 04:59 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Sorry you haven't gotten more responses, if I was still a Christian I would be encouraging you. But even as a non-Christian now I can say with some certainty that you will be okay with or without religion. I see things so much more clearly now but honestly you sound young so I would not encourage you or discourage you from anything you wanted to pursue at this point. If being sexually active or even promiscuous troubles you and it's not what you want......stop it. It's only going to be mental scars you'll have to deal with way down the road, say at 30. That's when all this stuff comes back to haunt you. If you don't pay attention to anything else I say please listen to this.......practice safe sex. PLEASE.

There's a saying...........that youth is wasted on the young. It's soooooooo true. But it's not your fault you're young but if no one ever said to you listen to your elders then you're not going to listen. Everyone has a story so we won't get into that but take it from someone who has been exactly where you are, just do that one thing for right now, if nothing else. Baby steps.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:01 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I am hardly an Evangelical.
Here's hoping you don't "progress" that far.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:26 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I am getting closer to the Lord. I still may be a little rebellious and not believe everything. I am hardly an Evangelical. But, I am otherwise begining to see the light. I am fighting my sexual addictions and the way society influences me to look at sex. I still drink, but I am not a drunk. Jesus is working on me.
The important thing to remember is that power to overcome sinful attitudes and behaviors does not come from within; it comes from the presence of the Holy Spirit. YOU cannot change your nature, but God can and will, on His timetable.

Be patient, trust in the Lord and surrender your life totally to Him, including your faults.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:54 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The important thing to remember is that power to overcome sinful attitudes and behaviors does not come from within; it comes from the presence of the Holy Spirit. YOU cannot change your nature, but God can and will, on His timetable.

Be patient, trust in the Lord and surrender your life totally to Him, including your faults.
Amen.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Pray and ask God to change the things in you that need changing. He will not forsake you or cast you out.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:09 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
My 2 cents.

Let God work on you. Don't think that you have to be perfect to be right with God thru Christ.

God will make you right thru His grace and a relationship with Jesus.

As it is written: Let go and let God

Old 12-08-2011, 06:48 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:

Amen... excellent advice and especially giving one hope in directing, teaching, guiding one in the truths of our Lord Jesus Christ !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Amen.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Pray and ask God to change the things in you that need changing. He will not forsake you or cast you out.
Amen.... saved33 ! Our God's promises are faithful and true !!

Hang in there, loose cannon, praying for you !!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:30 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,923 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen... excellent advice and especially giving one hope in directing, teaching, guiding one in the truths of our Lord Jesus Christ !!

Amen.... saved33 ! Our God's promises are faithful and true !!

Hang in there, loose cannon, praying for you !!
Amen to all of this! Wonderful advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity