U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 AM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,584,062 times
Reputation: 292

Advertisements

This is to my sister Verna Perry:

How could you possibly even think about speaking as you did about someone who is responsible for leading so many people to righteousness.

I would rather be called a false prophet who led MANY people to righteousness, than a so called Apostle who led people into sin and disobedience to the Messiah's teachings, while claiming Yahushua set us free from the "law".

Seriously. I wouldn't mind one bit being called, "the false prophet who led many to righteousness". lol

I can see it now:

God in heaven: Hey everyone look... it's that false prophetess who led all of you to righteousness. Let's make her pay for that.

Not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2011, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,529 posts, read 3,789,234 times
Reputation: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Every single one of us, who are the bride of the Messiah, are priests and have the ability to speak for God. He speaks through every single one of us, and we are all His messengers. His Holy Spirit is in us, and walks among us. The King, the head of the church, walks among His people (in His people).
If you claim God told you something, you better be able to back it up, and it better be true. Otherwise it didn't come from God.

The point is, E White claimed God told her things, and they weren't true, which makes her a false prophet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
lol.

I'm simply a disciple of Yahushua the Messiah, and have never been an SDA, nor was it because of Ellen G. White or the SDA denomination that I obeyed the truth. If any denomination gets the credit I guess it would have to be some Messianic brother who's book I stumbled accross, only after the Holy Spirit began revealing the truth to me.

Be Blessed.
I'm glad you thought what I said to be funny. I said if I was wrong to forgive me, but I guess you thought laughing at me to be better.

Anyway, you be blessed as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2011, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,229,606 times
Reputation: 837
Dear Ducky (love your name),
First...

I just read this comment from you a couple of post's up: "Paul, leads many to disobedience and lawlessness."

I sincerely need for you to prove this through scripture for me...so you and I can discover the truth, intelligently, together about it.

Now...on to this...

[quote=O-Ducky;22085585]This is to my sister Verna Perry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky
How could you possibly even think about speaking as you did about someone who is responsible for leading so many people to righteousness.
My statement was fair Ducky. I answered the OP stating:

"One never knows the conversation one had with God before they died. It is best NEVER to "guess" about something like this. Only God knows.

She will pay for her deceiving so many by her false teachings...either way."

I say this with love to you...study the word of God a lot deeper to gain understanding of it, you show a severe lack of understanding. You should know the answer to this. ...but it's o.k., because you are going to be fed some truth right now...eat it.

You're saying that she will not pay for her false teachings even though many may have come unto the Knowlege of The Truth because of her service to the LORD. According to Scripture, you are wrong. Let's look at Scripture and see what God's word has to say about it...

Not only the prophet that teaches falsely will be punished, but those who seek this prophet and believe what he/she says will also be punished as well...because in the end, on Judgement day, ignorance will not be an excuse...you know from God's word, not only are we to work out our OWN! salvation with fear and trembling...BUT! we are also commanded to study and show our OWN! selves approved...it is a matter of life and death Ducky for you to do this, and I love you my brother, and I am warning you because I do care about the state of your soul...I want you to be with God eternally!...read Ezekiel...

Ezekiel 14:10 And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him;

If Ellen White was a repentant, born-again, child of God, and she prophetized falsely, all the righteousness she portrayed otherwise, God will not remember...simply because of the harm she had done by lying in His Name, deceiving those who faithfully saught Him...

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky
I would rather be called a false prophet who led MANY people to righteousness, than a so called Apostle who led people into sin and disobedience to the Messiah's teachings, while claiming Yahushua set us free from the "law".
this statement ^^^ by you Ducky, makes me sad...very sad for you. You are very wrong on both accounts...which further proves to me your lack of understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O=Ducky
Seriously. I wouldn't mind one bit being called, "the false prophet who led many to righteousness". lol
...this is nothing to laugh about. I want to cry. I wonder...does God have tears in His eyes for you right about now.............?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky
I can see it now:

God in heaven: Hey everyone look... it's that false prophetess who led all of you to righteousness. Let's make her pay for that.

Not.
You will never hear God say anything like this in heaven Ducky...because no one who dies in their unrighteousness will receive eternal life.



And remember why you posted this to me in the first place...asking me how I could "...possibly even think about speaking as you did about someone who is responsible for leading so many people to righteousness..."

...when all I said is not to judge whether or not God forgave her or not just before she died...because neither I nor anyone else knows the answer to that...only God knows.




Love in Christ Jesus,
Verna.




2 Corinthians 11:15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,205,105 times
Reputation: 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

She will pay for her deceiving so many by her false teachings...either way.
No, she won't, because she's dead, and thus beyond being "punished". Also, her "visions" were due to partial-complex epileptic seizures, so you're suggesting she should be punished for having a neurological disorder which caused her hallucinations and delusions. Seriously, she should be criticized for being rampantly plagiaristic, but not for something due to her neurological issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,584,062 times
Reputation: 292
You both can have the last word on the matter, and I refuse to go back and forth with you. Be Blessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2011, 02:17 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,584,062 times
Reputation: 292
Oh well, I jumped right into this so I might as well keep going. I won't go any further concerning the false Apostle Paul, but here is a thread where there is proof:

Will I Be Saved, Without Believing Paul Was An Apostle?

Verna, yes I know those scriptures but your being very harsh on someone who obviously "was" God's messenger. Yes her message was no doubt from God, in my opinion. What was her message? When I think about that question I think, it was mostly about the Holy Sabbath Day and the many different truths of the pagan customs in the Catholic Church. Because of her studies and message many people have "come out of her", as God tells us to in Revelation. You are discrediting her message by claiming she was a false prophetess, just because she slipped up a time or two in claiming a date for the Messiah's return. I believe a prophetess or messenger can of course be wrong every now and then, and even be decieved by another spirit every now and then. I fully understand the magnitude of what God did through her. In fact, to think that she didn't repent after speaking the false prophecy is rediculous in my opinion. The reason it baffles me that you would jump on Satan's side and be her accuser or condemner is because you claim to honor the Sabbath Day. You said "she will pay". You said she will pay whether she repented or not. Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,584,062 times
Reputation: 292
[quote=Verna Perry;22087737]Dear Ducky (love your name),
First...

I just read this comment from you a couple of post's up: "Paul, leads many to disobedience and lawlessness."

I sincerely need for you to prove this through scripture for me...so you and I can discover the truth, intelligently, together about it.

Now...on to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
This is to my sister Verna Perry:


My statement was fair Ducky. I answered the OP stating:

"One never knows the conversation one had with God before they died. It is best NEVER to "guess" about something like this. Only God knows.

She will pay for her deceiving so many by her false teachings...either way."

I say this with love to you...study the word of God a lot deeper to gain understanding of it, you show a severe lack of understanding. You should know the answer to this. ...but it's o.k., because you are going to be fed some truth right now...eat it.

You're saying that she will not pay for her false teachings even though many may have come unto the Knowlege of The Truth because of her service to the LORD. According to Scripture, you are wrong. Let's look at Scripture and see what God's word has to say about it...

Not only the prophet that teaches falsely will be punished, but those who seek this prophet and believe what he/she says will also be punished as well...because in the end, on Judgement day, ignorance will not be an excuse...you know from God's word, not only are we to work out our OWN! salvation with fear and trembling...BUT! we are also commanded to study and show our OWN! selves approved...it is a matter of life and death Ducky for you to do this, and I love you my brother, and I am warning you because I do care about the state of your soul...I want you to be with God eternally!...read Ezekiel...

Ezekiel 14:10 And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him;

If Ellen White was a repentant, born-again, child of God, and she prophetized falsely, all the righteousness she portrayed otherwise, God will not remember...simply because of the harm she had done by lying in His Name, deceiving those who faithfully saught Him...

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.



this statement ^^^ by you Ducky, makes me sad...very sad for you. You are very wrong on both accounts...which further proves to me your lack of understanding.

...this is nothing to laugh about. I want to cry. I wonder...does God have tears in His eyes for you right about now.............?


You will never hear God say anything like this in heaven Ducky...because no one who dies in their unrighteousness will receive eternal life.



And remember why you posted this to me in the first place...asking me how I could "...possibly even think about speaking as you did about someone who is responsible for leading so many people to righteousness..."

...when all I said is not to judge whether or not God forgave her or not just before she died...because neither I nor anyone else knows the answer to that...only God knows.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Verna.

2 Corinthians 11:15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
- No your statement was not fair. You said she will pay either way. That of course means whether she repented or not.

and you just said that whether she was repentant or not her righteousness would not be remembered. Alot of what you just said, you tried to make it out as scripture, and then tried to back it up with scripture that didn't say what you said. Now that's sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2011, 02:47 PM
 
1,837 posts, read 1,584,062 times
Reputation: 292
Verna you have some serious humbling you need to be doing. Sorry, but you must be going through some tough times or something. I don't know if it's right for me to be saying this publicly but I've concluded that you are an extremely bitter, and probably up there in age, person. No disrespect for my elders though. I'm not even sure if you are a sister either. You really seem to have alot of bitter hate in your heart. If what I'm saying is true, then why?

Anyway, I won't be eating your twisted version of the truth either. You are using the Word of God to fit your twisted bitter hatred of a very faithfull sister of mine. You are completely discredited because of you saying that "whether she repented or not" of her couple of false prophecies, she will pay for it, and anyone who believes she was a prophetess or messenger will pay as well. You say the Word of God backs that up and even showed scripture, that doesn't say that. I believe what you've done here is worse then what she did. You've really got some nerve. Who do you think you are, passing judgement on a faithfull servant of God like that, and then deliberately trying to decieve others by twisting the Word of God! You need to repent!

And the nerve! You say I have a lack of understanding, when you can't even understand what you yourself have written here on this thread? Really?

I would guess you should probably be drinking different water than you've been drinking and going with a different diet, along with a whole lot of humbling yourself and repentance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2011, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,229,606 times
Reputation: 837
To Ducky,

I am done.

Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2011, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,229,606 times
Reputation: 837
Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.


Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

12:37 For by thy words (as well as thy tempers and works) thou shalt then be either acquitted or condemned. Your words as well as actions shall he produced in evidence for or against you, to prove whether you was a true believer or not. And according to that evidence you will either be acquitted or condemned in the great day.
Commentary by Wesley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:55 PM.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top