U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 12-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Status: "Remember the Alamo!" (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: The Magic Kingdom
6,724 posts, read 2,679,342 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Unrepentant sinners wiil punish themselves by reaping what they have sown instead of taking advantage of the love and grace of Christ to change their hearts and behavior.
And this will take place where? Will fire be involved?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2011, 02:26 PM
 
22,870 posts, read 10,791,207 times
Reputation: 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And this will take place where? Will fire be involved?
In the presence of God who is a consuming fire . . . but not the kind you are intimating. Are you able to imagine what kind of remorse and regret you would experience having permanently and irrevocably harmed someone you truly loved through your selfish and/or thoughtless actions. You know . . . the kind of harm that can never be regained or repaired? IF you have ever experienced it here on earth . . . it would help your comprehension. We are capable of hiding these realities from ourselves through many mental tricks while we live. But once we are exposed to the ultimate truth and understanding of what we have been and done in the glare of God's infinite love . . . the remorse and regret (weeping and gnashing of teeth) will be worse than anything we can imagine. Having to relive them in the "shoes of those we harmed" will be excruciating . . . more excruciating and enduring than any physical fire.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Status: "Remember the Alamo!" (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: The Magic Kingdom
6,724 posts, read 2,679,342 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
In the presence of God who is a consuming fire . . . but not the kind you are intimating. Are you able to imagine what kind of remorse and regret you would experience having permanently and irrevocably harmed someone you truly loved through your selfish and/or thoughtless actions. You know . . . the kind of harm that can never be regained or repaired? IF you have ever experienced it here on earth . . . it would help your comprehension. We are capable of hiding these realities from ourselves through many mental tricks while we live. But once we are exposed to the ultimate truth and understanding of what we have been and done in the glare of God's infinite love . . . the remorse and regret (weeping and gnashing of teeth) will be worse than anything we can imagine. Having to relive them in the "shoes of those we harmed" will be excruciating . . . more excruciating and enduring than any physical fire.
Will this be instant or over a period of time? Or something else?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 05:11 PM
 
22,870 posts, read 10,791,207 times
Reputation: 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Will this be instant or over a period of time? Or something else?
That will depend on how many you have to account for during your life and how many persons were affected by them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Status: "Remember the Alamo!" (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: The Magic Kingdom
6,724 posts, read 2,679,342 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That will depend on how many you have to account for during your life and how many persons were affected by them.
Why has this has been revealed to just a select few?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:51 PM
 
22,870 posts, read 10,791,207 times
Reputation: 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why has this has been revealed to just a select few?
It hasn't . . . only a few seem to query their hearts and ask the Holy spirit to guide them to what God has "written in our hearts." Their minds are clouded with the ancient ignorance of our ancestors' beliefs and the veil of ignorance over reading the OT. They are not following the Spirit . . . they are following the letter in the "precepts and doctrines of men."
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Status: "Remember the Alamo!" (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: The Magic Kingdom
6,724 posts, read 2,679,342 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It hasn't . . . only a few seem to query their hearts and ask the Holy spirit to guide them to what God has "written in our hearts." Their minds are clouded with the ancient ignorance of our ancestors' beliefs and the veil of ignorance over reading the OT. They are not following the Spirit . . . they are following the letter in the "precepts and doctrines of men."
So, people who lived 5000 years ago (OT) are "ancient ignorants", but those who live 2000 years (NT) ago aren't?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 09:37 AM
 
22,870 posts, read 10,791,207 times
Reputation: 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, people who lived 5000 years ago (OT) are "ancient ignorants", but those who live 2000 years (NT) ago aren't?
The level of ignorance was similar . . . but with the teachings and example of Christ and His death and rebirth as Spirit . . . we all now have the Living Word of God available within our human consciousness to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts." We need no men to teach us only to tell us the Good News. Our only obligation is to believe sincerely and not fool ourselves with our selfish desires. The truth is available within through His Holy Spirit . . . we just need to be sincere enough to accept it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 09:57 AM
 
12,382 posts, read 14,711,801 times
Reputation: 14579
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
we all now have the Living Word of God available within our human consciousness to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts." We need no men to teach us only to tell us the Good News. Our only obligation is to believe sincerely and not fool ourselves with our selfish desires. The truth is available within through His Holy Spirit . . . we just need to be sincere enough to accept it.
[/quote]

Amen Mystic, we only need to pass on the "Good news" that Christ passed on to us

The rest (imo, of course) is a personal teach, guide and learn lifetime experience and the result is that we are able to "show" the love of the Father within us in a more peaceful, loving manner.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Status: "Remember the Alamo!" (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: The Magic Kingdom
6,724 posts, read 2,679,342 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Amen Mystic, we only need to pass on the "Good news" that Christ passed on to us

The rest (imo, of course) is a personal teach, guide and learn lifetime experience and the result is that we are able to "show" the love of the Father within us in a more peaceful, loving manner.
What did Christ say about those that reject Him?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top