Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:39 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times

Advertisements

Jenna, I, too believed for many years that no way could 'an alien identity" reside within a Christian. However, where bible refers to "sin that has made a home in me" I now see that indeed a christian can have a weak demon like a little gremlin "residing within" but it does not "own" the person. They/we are not possessed, just inhabited.

Nothing else computes with what happens in our minds. At times they have a life of their own. If we can't control our own thoughts, then what or who is in control of them at those times?

I believe that true salvation involves this "alien identity" being forced to flee, and us then being more at peace and inhabited only by the Holy Spirit. This is also what has led me to become convinced that there are many that think they are saved when they are not, not yet anyway.

Too many times I have heard folks in church tell others that just answered an altar call that no, they won't "feel" any different but that they are! No...no, that doesn't compute with true salvation. A literal change takes place within and the sin that has made a home in us is forced to flee....I really mean the "spirit" of that sin, the alien within.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 02:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I am a Christian....been one for a long time. Read my Bible, pray, go to church. Used to believe that Christians who truly belong to the lord could not have a demonic influence in them. I am not talking about Christians being POSSESSED. But I will tell you my story - you can tell me what you think.

I have been married 20 odd years.....had a really, really difficult time in this marriage, husband can be abusive....once made a decision for the Lord, but backslid big time......hasn't been to church for YEARS.

After being told to F.....off for years etc....I have often been on the brink of leaving....but hubby manages to 'change' briefly and things get better briefly.

One Sunday night I am in the evening meeting of the local church.....a guy is there who is divorced, I have never felt comfortable talking to him....but, I have NOT fancied him. Thought he was not my type.

Bear with me here.

I have never been unfaithful to my husband. Despite everything.

All of a sudden....I felt what literally felt like an ARROW going through me...from through my back. Literally felt like a big arrow!

I walk out of the meeting....past this guy - who suddenly swivells his head round to look at me.....since then, struggled with this attraction towards this man....feeling as though I am in love.

For a while I was deceived - then I realised it was satans arrow - trying to get me to sin, leave my marriage. This guy also has been showing signs of attraction to me - he sits right near me in church, grinning away.

But - the amazing thing is - God provided the way out - you remember that verse - He does not tempt us more than we can bear, but gives us a way out - well, my husband starts to want to come to church!!! He is talking about getting baptised in water. He knows noting about what happened. He did come to church with me and this othe guy who is attracted to me looked SO hurt, because my husband does not come to church, he never goes anywhere with me - BBQ, church socials. I think this guy thought my marriage was over like HIS and was hoping that I would leave my husband.

Anyway, I know this guy is going to be at church this Sunday am - and I know My husband wants to come to church with me. I know that this guy will sit right by me and be very hurt by things.

But, I also realise that the ARROW was a Supernatural attack on me PHYSICALLY. I have had to pray for release and for Gods Truth to be helping me to do whats right.

My husbands behaviour has miracolously changed. He doesn't swear at me. He has been very loving and affectionate. Marriage is for life. I could have left my husband and I had more reason than many, many people to do so. I was sorely tempted by a life with this other guy...which I know would have been fun (he is sociable and fun)....I was sooooo tempted.

But, I have also learnt a BIG lesson...that we ARE indeed in a Spiritual battle and that satan can get his vile demons to fire darts and arrows at us. I have like I said NEVER fancied this man previously....then WHAM can't stop thinking of him for 8 weeks.

But, I have told God, I will not sin against him in this. Purify my heart and I will resisit the devil and he will flee.

WHAT do you think about all this? Value the sincere, honest opinions of those who maybe have been through their own battles and have advice to help me continue in the good fight! Thank you!
Well, the Satan is a tool used by Hawyaw...He is like a prosecuting attorney...But, he is just a tool...Read Job, that will give you a good idea of what he actually is...

Old 12-31-2011, 02:13 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Jenna, I, too believed for many years that no way could 'an alien identity" reside within a Christian. However, where bible refers to "sin that has made a home in me" I now see that indeed a christian can have a weak demon like a little gremlin "residing within" but it does not "own" the person. They/we are not possessed, just inhabited.

Nothing else computes with what happens in our minds. At times they have a life of their own. If we can't control our own thoughts, then what or who is in control of them at those times?

I believe that true salvation involves this "alien identity" being forced to flee, and us then being more at peace and inhabited only by the Holy Spirit. This is also what has led me to become convinced that there are many that think they are saved when they are not, not yet anyway.

Too many times I have heard folks in church tell others that just answered an altar call that no, they won't "feel" any different but that they are! No...no, that doesn't compute with true salvation. A literal change takes place within and the sin that has made a home in us is forced to flee....I really mean the "spirit" of that sin, the alien within.
A true believer cannot be possessed by a demon, but he/she can certainly be influenced by a demon...

Old 12-31-2011, 03:00 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
You admitted you are in an abusive relationship. There is no justification for remaining in one. It is not good for you, not good for kids. A just God would not judge you for leaving. Don't feel guilty about this. You have no reason to. Seems to me that if there's any demonic influence going on, it's the one telling you to remain in an abusive relationship.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:32 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
You admitted you are in an abusive relationship. There is no justification for remaining in one. It is not good for you, not good for kids. A just God would not judge you for leaving. Don't feel guilty about this. You have no reason to. Seems to me that if there's any demonic influence going on, it's the one telling you to remain in an abusive relationship.
Well put and very true!

Abusers rarely change. They may stop for a while but if one little thing set them off, pow. Granted, not all abuse is physical. Verbal and emotional abuse is still abuse.

They exist in all walks of life, rich or poor, Atheist or Christian, it doesn't matter..

Just because we don't all share the same religious views doesn't change the fact that we're concerned for Jenna and her safety. Only those who have been in a similar situation can truly understand what it's like.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:26 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Well put and very true!

Abusers rarely change. They may stop for a while but if one little thing set them off, pow. Granted, not all abuse is physical. Verbal and emotional abuse is still abuse.

They exist in all walks of life, rich or poor, Atheist or Christian, it doesn't matter..

Just because we don't all share the same religious views doesn't change the fact that we're concerned for Jenna and her safety. Only those who have been in a similar situation can truly understand what it's like.

Yes, that is true......and I was going to leave - two weeks ago. But he begged me for forgiveness. Got on his hands and knees...admitted it was his fault, promised he would change. I had begun to think that this other guy in my church - was MEANT to be, I was going to leave my miserable marriage and this divorced guy was my ?? future.

I was so upset when I realised that I would have to give up this notion of another man - that my husband was so apologetic and I had to test that and see if this time he was truly repentant and would change.

Well, he seems to have changed. He has not sworn at me ONCE. He has been like a puppy....good as gold.

Guess, this other guy MUST have been some kind of spiritual attack and distraction. Though, if my hubby had continued to swear at me....I WOULD leave. He knows that this is our LAST chance.

Just feel sad about the other guy, because he is sweet, kind...and part of me wants to be with him. Though I know that is not possible and it is wrong for me as a christian to entertain this idea any more.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:48 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,618 times
The comments related to demon spirits are very true.

This is one of the reasons why it is important to be filled with the HOLY SPIRIT at all times. Remember, satan cannot reside in a place where the SPIRIT of GOD currently lives.

The SPIRIT of GOD should shine so brightly in us that our bodies read like a "NO VACANCY" sign to demons looking for a new place to live.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:20 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
I get the feeling we have not heard all the details of this story. I mean, seriously, a guy sat near you at church and smiled and you considered leaving your husband to be with him, but you don't even actually know the man, other than a lot of assumptions that have been going through your head? This sounds unreal. Or perhaps you left a large chunk of the story untold. If not, have you considered that the man that you are talking about might be shocked to know that you consider him in such a strange light? Has he said things to you? Or just sat near you and smiled? I don't get it. Do you consider it "flirting" anytime a man looks at you, smiles at you, or is nice to you? Why?

Old 01-01-2012, 06:09 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Yes, that is true......and I was going to leave - two weeks ago. But he begged me for forgiveness. Got on his hands and knees...admitted it was his fault, promised he would change. I had begun to think that this other guy in my church - was MEANT to be, I was going to leave my miserable marriage and this divorced guy was my ?? future.

I was so upset when I realised that I would have to give up this notion of another man - that my husband was so apologetic and I had to test that and see if this time he was truly repentant and would change.

Well, he seems to have changed. He has not sworn at me ONCE. He has been like a puppy....good as gold.

Guess, this other guy MUST have been some kind of spiritual attack and distraction. Though, if my hubby had continued to swear at me....I WOULD leave. He knows that this is our LAST chance.

Just feel sad about the other guy, because he is sweet, kind...and part of me wants to be with him. Though I know that is not possible and it is wrong for me as a christian to entertain this idea any more.
Well, I hope it works out for you.

In the event that it doesn't, you need to stick to your word and get out of there. Women's shelters aren't the Ritz but they sure have better accommodations than the local ER.

Hang in there Jenna and take care of yourself.

Blessed be.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:33 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Jenna no need to listen to atheist who have no buisiness comenting on spiritual matters which they know NOTHING about . I seriously don't even know why their here. We Christians know EXACTLY what is going on. I fully believe Satan's demons sent an arrow of lust to make you attracted to this strange man. There are demons out in the spiritual world that are out on the prowl for souls and to make people sin like a lion looking for it's prey. Satan is trying to destroy your marriage in the worst way. You did the right thing praying to God. I will be praying for you as well. For your protection and for him to release this arrow from your body to stop this lust attraction. If I was in your place, I would change churches. Another thing is, if your husband gets abusive again, end the relationship and LEAVE. Now, your husband has the holy spirit inside of him. He should change his ways. But if he reverts, leave. Do not give him another chance after this one. You do not want to end up dead at the hands of your husband. The Bible says a husband should keep his hands!! So just know I am praying for you and your husband and for angels to fight off these demons on the prowl to destroy your marriage and your soul.

P.S. Thank you for revealing your story. This is eye-opening for me because I have heard of Christian women and men in the church cheating on their spouse because of a bad marriage! I thought it was because they have no self-control but now I realized that church people ARE under attack from Satan and demons and he will use lust to do the job!
excellent post! satan does know our weak spots and attempts to tempt us with them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity