Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:00 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi ScarletWren, thank you for sharing. I agree with you, especially in the realization that God is still in the process of making up all into His image. It is all the work of His Hands and as the Master builder, He is creating, fashioning, building. We are all are part of His work and so I believe that He as the Creator and Master Builder is not wrong in influencing our wills and bringing them into conformity with His will.

Yes, I agree that a discussion of man's final destiny can not be divorced from this thread. I just wanted to try to keep the focus on God's Sovereign will and mans limited will, but it probably won't entirely stay focused on this. Just did not want a lot of fighting as this related to UR/ET/Ann. But then again.. it will be what it will be Thanks again for sharing. God bless.
You're welcome, Shana.

Sovereignty, free will, baptism, communion, there are so many different opinions on every doctrine imaginable. I don't believe the Bible is supposed to give us ALL the answers. It assures us of God's love and His mercy and justice. Each of these are an important part of our evolution (for lack of a better word) into the sons (and daughters ) God desires us to be.

God has chosen to give us a small glimpse into who He is and we each work with what we've been given to determine that. I just believe that a creator is the one who begins and finishes what He wants to create and if it doesn't measure up to what He wanted to begin with, did he not fail? Humans rarely are satisfied that what they created could not have been improved upon. We will burn, trash, or destroy in some other way, our imperfect attempts. I know many think that God somehow suspended His powers so that we could go our own way, but my conception of God can't do that. God does not NEED for us to choose to love him. We will discover that we can not help but love Him when the truth stares us in the face.

Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 10:39 AM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
We will discover that we can not help but love Him when the truth stares us in the face.
Yes, I believe that too. When everything that blinds us or prevents us from seeing Him and seeing who we are in relation to Him and the love that He has for us, is removed, we will discover this. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-31-2011 at 10:49 AM..

Old 12-31-2011, 11:02 PM

595 posts, read 761,566 times
Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Romans 11:36
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.

Ephesians 1:22
And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church,
Colossians 1:16
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
Colossians 1:17
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Revelation 4:11
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

This is part of one's faith- believing, trusting God has all under control. If our God can keep the waters from only going so far, He definetly controls the good and the evil. Nothing happen unless it goes through Christ's hands first.

If you think you choose white chocolate above dark chocolate- think again- who made your taste buds to react to the difference? Do we not think God knows even this simple thing when He knew us before we were created in the womb. Who allowed us to have His breath?

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 12-31-2011, 11:27 PM

Thank you for sharing, Mercy. God bless.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:54 AM

"Can anyone show me a single text in scripture that says that everyone will love God?"

Here are a few which I believe speak to this:

Psalm 22: 27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before Thee.

Psalm 86 9 All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, And they shall glorify Your name. 10 For You are great and do wondrous deeds; You alone are God

Psalm 65
1Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.
2O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come

Zephaniah 3
8 “Therefore wait for Me,” declares the LORD, “For the day when I rise up as a witness. Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, To assemble kingdoms, To pour out on them My indignation, All My burning anger; For all the earth will be devoured By the fire of My zeal. 9 “For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, That all of them may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him shoulder to shoulder.

Psalms145
8The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

9The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
10All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
11They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; 12To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.

God bless.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:52 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
"Can anyone show me a single text in scripture that says that everyone will love God?"

Here are a few which I believe speak to this:

Psalm 22: 27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before Thee.

Psalm 86 9 All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, And they shall glorify Your name. 10 For You are great and do wondrous deeds; You alone are God

Psalm 65
1Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.
2O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come

Zephaniah 3
8 “Therefore wait for Me,” declares the LORD, “For the day when I rise up as a witness. Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, To assemble kingdoms, To pour out on them My indignation, All My burning anger; For all the earth will be devoured By the fire of My zeal. 9 “For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, That all of them may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him shoulder to shoulder.

Psalms145
8The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

9The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
10All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
11They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; 12To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.

God bless.
Your scholarship blesses us all in your witness, Shana.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:12 AM

Mystic, thank you for your kind words. Thanks be to God for everything Have a blessed day and Happy New Year to you God bless.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:42 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
When everything that blinds us or prevents us from seeing Him and seeing who we are in relation to Him and the love that He has for us, is removed, we will discover this. God bless.
Men will no longer be able to exalt themselves.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:11 PM

Amen, Jerwade. He gets all of the glory and the honor. God bless.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 PM

175 posts, read 174,659 times
Shannabrown,

here is a thought that crossed my mind a while back and i realized that this is coming toward the end, and it tells me the invitation is still open to all:

Re 21:6 -
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely

Re 22:17 - And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

For the past couple of months i have had the attitude that what i believe isn't going to affect anyone but me, i believe that God will have His will be done, and i believe that He wants all His creation to have the life and knowledge He has. i believe that people will believe what ever they believe, and in the end it will all be to Gods' glory that ALL will learn righteousness.

i no longer get into debates with anyone, (not even my own hellfire believing brother), for i have the peace knowing that in the end we (ALL of us) will be praising God and declaring His love for His creation.

Gods' love be with us all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity