U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 07:24 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,123,576 times

Advertisements

...to you ?

God Bless you.
Verna.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 12:54 AM

5,653 posts, read 4,438,949 times
You just need to look to 1 corinthians 13...
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,816,079 times
It means to be absolutely patient with them, but do not support them in their wrongs. Do not be an enabler, but have the attitude of bluntly telling them what is right and wrong, but not judging or condescending, and "go and sin no more" being your kind attitude.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:14 AM

13,408 posts, read 20,849,129 times
As for myself the love of Christ means.. "no strings attached, unconditional, unjudgemental and undying."

Old 01-01-2012, 08:45 AM

36,191 posts, read 24,316,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
As for myself the love of Christ means.. "no strings attached, unconditional, unjudgemental and undying."
Amen, my sisters!!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 AM

11,918 posts, read 13,596,893 times
Quote:
Amen and another translation of this passage:

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 [b]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails; (NAS)

It is agape love. I also believe that although we are to speak the truth in love, we are to be gentle in our dealings with others and pray for them in the love of Christ.

2 Timothy 2
The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, 25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,

Just my view but, I don't believe that we should have a judgmental attitude or condemning attitude because only God knows all things about a person. Jesus could see inside of hearts of all men and knows exactly what every one needs. We all are in need of the Savior and we should keep this in mind in manifesting love. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-01-2012 at 09:14 AM..

Old 01-01-2012, 12:12 PM

13,216 posts, read 10,500,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...to you ?

God Bless you.
Verna.
I could pull reference from the Scriptures to answer this ..and Scripture is an important part of Faith. However, Christ also taught that we should not be overly dogmatic in our relationship with Him. So...in that Spirit...when I "love someone with the love of Christ", to me, that means I am willing to sacrifice all for their sake. That what grace is given me...I would pass to them. That I would endure the worst of fates to see them safe or to save them from a horrible fate. No task no pain no suffering would be to much for me to endure for their sake. The Love of Christ is unconditional and implies self sacrifice at a level that bends the human mind to the point of breaking. Praise God that we may actually know this type of love within ourselves. I believe with all my heart that without Christ we cannot know true love. However..once you open your Heart to Him, then you will know.
No chapter and verse reference, but that is what the Love of Christ is to me. There are two people whom I love this way. And I suffer daily,to varying degrees, for their sake. And I would give my life for them for the asking. Though this love can be and often is very painful, I would not lay it down. My Faith is stronger for it and I consider it a Gift.
Amen!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:32 PM

20,418 posts, read 20,071,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...to you ?

God Bless you.
Verna.
To me it means loving unconditionally and treating people the way you would want them to treat you.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:21 PM

7,681 posts, read 6,406,134 times
What the Love of God is not is ; bias , sentimental, sexual, romantic, selfish, mutual, or even pragmatic ,or mania , BUT the Love of God is agape love which selfless love which view brothers in the Lord as blessing from God and neighbors and enemies as as place were generous charity can work in the spirit with prayer or a word for kindness for a witness of Jesus .....

Old 01-01-2012, 04:31 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,148,202 times
Well, it can mean " I love you - but not in any weird way..I love you with the love of CHRIST"

Or

"I love you.....(I can't stand you really), in Christ (God please help me!)"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity