U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:10 AM

949 posts, read 425,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
Every thing that goes in the seminary and comes out fully trained is twice as worse off as before he went in. For there has never been any teacher in any seminary who has been born again of God. What was it that Apollos, a fully trained seminarian, had to be corrected from what he had been taught in the seminary to what must only be taught and it not be a direct objection aganist God? That you will never learn in any g/d seminary for they have been errected to make sure you don't.
What Seminary have you been to that you know this? Or is it simply your opinion based off of no facts?

What Seminary was Apollos "fully trained" at?

Yes---there have been plenty of jokes made about seminaries. I've heard them called "cemetaries". Many of them tend to turn faith into an academic matter--causing the seminarian to lose their zeal. I wonder if perhaps that is just what happens when someone who shouldn't be there anyway is confronted with Biblical truths. It had the opposite effect on me....I learned so much and matured so much in my faith the past 4 years it was incredible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 AM

299 posts, read 108,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
What Seminary have you been to that you know this? Or is it simply your opinion based off of no facts?

What Seminary was Apollos "fully trained" at?

Yes---there have been plenty of jokes made about seminaries. I've heard them called "cemetaries". Many of them tend to turn faith into an academic matter--causing the seminarian to lose their zeal. I wonder if perhaps that is just what happens when someone who shouldn't be there anyway is confronted with Biblical truths. It had the opposite effect on me....I learned so much and matured so much in my faith the past 4 years it was incredible.
Apollos was trained in the seminary at Alexandria, Egypt. I have never been fully trained by any seminary thank God. You have only matured in YOUR faith as you admit. However the system of faith that has made you twice as worse off as you were is not the Way of faith that has been perfected by Jesus' crucifixion. If you had been taught by Christ, who is the only teacher in his church, you would not have laughed out loud yesterday at his illustration of the two trees. Had you been taught by Him you could not have laughed at his teaching. No student has greater knowledge than his teacher, but every fully trained seminarian fasley claims he does have greater knowledge than Jesus as you also do.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:52 AM

23,095 posts, read 11,206,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Many many years of self taught after being forcefed for several years..I finally realized that the bible (mainly the gospels) was only an introduction to God and His son when I kept being led back again and again to this verse, and a couple other things spoken by Jesus.

John14:18
18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

I then realized He was not talking about man's books, writings or wisdom, but the Holy spirit whom would dwell within to continue to be my guide, my comfort and my teacher..Very simple directions from God, given to the Son and given to me and I knew then I had been spiritually stagnated by man's words and mans religions and man's teachings..
Bless you, Miss Blue . . . the Holy Spirit is doing a great work in you. Do not allow men puffed up by their mere human knowledge of things "written in ink" to distract you from what the Holy Spirit guides you to that God has "written in our hearts."

Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 PM

4,734 posts, read 2,731,390 times
One good way is to buy a audio Bible on compact Disc and listen to the Word of God , and when you hear in once , start over and hear it again ... See the Bible tells us to hear the Word of God ..... Then we need to be anointed with Holy Spirit as he will remind us of what Word of God that we heard through our Spirit ... Other ways is to go to a church were the gospel is preached and legalism is a limited , .. So we can get a Word of God from the Lord in season which we can believe for our faith in The Lord Jesus .....

Old 01-04-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
One good way is to buy a audio Bible on compact Disc and listen to the Word of God , and when you hear in once , start over and hear it again ... See the Bible tells us to hear the Word of God ..... Then we need to be anointed with Holy Spirit as he will remind us of what Word of God that we heard through our Spirit ... Other ways is to go to a church were the gospel is preached and legalism is a limited , .. So we can get a Word of God from the Lord in season which we can believe for our faith in The Lord Jesus .....
No person is anointed with the Holy Spirit just by hearing for it is also required that you obey a law.
"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13

Old 01-04-2012, 06:30 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,046,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post

Audio Bible is a great idea. Thank you for suggesting it. It never occured to me. I have read parts of The Bible, but have never stuck with it as much as I wanted to. I think hearing it would be a great thing for me to try.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:31 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,046,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
No person is anointed with the Holy Spirit just by hearing for it is also required that you obey a law.
"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13

What laws are you obeying right now, in your posts?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
What laws are you obeying right now, in your posts?
As I said it is A LAW not laws as you assume.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 PM

1,577 posts, read 812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
...and how did you come to learn what you do know?

Did you attend religious school? Did you go to Sunday school? Bible Study? You're parents? Self Study? Something else?
Now, which "Bible" would you be talking about? The "New Testament"? The "Old Testament"? or, perhaps, all the "Pre-Biblical Texts"? Since the Ancient Hebrews and the "Old Testament" (as well as the Quran) didn't come along until about 1800 BC, and mankind was on the earth much earlier than that, there are older records that do not contain the errors from translation.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Now, which "Bible" would you be talking about? The "New Testament"? The "Old Testament"? or, perhaps, all the "Pre-Biblical Texts"? Since the Ancient Hebrews and the "Old Testament" (as well as the Quran) didn't come along until about 1800 BC, and mankind was on the earth much earlier than that, there are older records that do not contain the errors from translation.
Whom is it that your unclear question is addressed to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity