Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this belief blaspheme?
Yes 12 75.00%
No 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 PM

14,691 posts, read 17,023,281 times

Advertisements

Whatever you believe the messenger from satan is, Pcamps, there is still a purpose for it. Paul hands the man over what he says is satan, for the destruction of his flesh. He also speaks of there being a purpose or a reason for there being a thorn in his flesh which is remaining, which he (Paul) describes as a messenger of satan. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 09:43 PM

Pcamps, all I am sharing the scriptures that state that all is out of God and sharing my reasons for this belief. Do you believe these scriptures?

Also what do you think of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that God caused to grow in the garden and what do believe about God creating the devil who has never been anything other than a thief, a murderer, and destructive?

God bless.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:47 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,328,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Pcamps, all I am sharing the scriptures that state that all is out of God and sharing my reasons for this belief. Do you believe these scriptures?

Also what do you think of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that God caused to grow in the garden and what do believe that God created the devil who was a murderer from the beginning? God bless.
All that came before Christ are theaves and liars, would that then not make Moses and David and Elijiah and Abraham etc. theaves and liars?

After all you do believe all means all.

Think about it sis

Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 PM

Pcamp, I must get ready to turn in and hope to be back later on the weekend. Have a blessed day tomorrow. God bless.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 PM

Pnuema, remember we have agreed to disagree on this. God bless.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,084,365 times
Quote:
Pcamps, what I see in the book of Job is that God uses evil and satan according to whatever He has purposed for us. In this case, Job's faith in God remained despite the affliction that God allowed to come upon him. It is a story about Job's faith despite the circumstances of his life. His faith was rewarded and God wants us to be people of faith. He wants us to be steadfast in the midst of trials and tribulations. Trials and tribulations are bound to come, but we must still trust God in all things. He wants us to be people of faith. Satan can't incite God to do anything because he is only a tool in the hands of God who works all things according to the counsel of His own will. Someone who believes in eternal hell believes that God will punish people forever in hell. I don't believe that. I believe that God who is love, also created all things for a purpose, has a reason for all things in His design, and will eventually restore all individuals to Himself instead of tormenting or punishing people in an everlasting hell.

Amen. God bless.
Shana the only way to withstand the trials of life is to be an overcomer of them. Jesus taught us how to overcome the storms of life by being a doer of the word.

24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matt 7

By faith we act on the Living word .

If you believe the literal presentation of Job you would have to believe that Satan incited God.
you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.†Job 2:3

Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Pcamp, I must get ready to turn in and hope to be back later on the weekend. Have a blessed day tomorrow. God bless.
God bless Shana .

Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:

Also what do you think of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that God caused to grow in the garden and what do believe about God creating the devil who has never been anything other than a thief, a murderer, and destructive?

God bless.
I do not believe in a literal tree called the knowledge of good and evil.it was not something that Eve walked up to, took from then took a bite and offered it to Adam. Although we are traditionally taught this,I do not accept it. I also do not believe in a literal devil.

The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! Matt 6. The moment they took their eyes off God they entered into darkness.

I also do not believe they hid behind a literal bush,they tried to hide behind the darkness they had entered into, but God who is Light exposed their hiding place.

I believe in the spiritual mind which is Life and peace.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,328,343 times
Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
Amen pneuma

James 1:17 says Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

If evil was from above,then according to this scripture it is good and perfect,because all that comes from above is good and perfect and God does not change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity