U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:59 PM

12,392 posts, read 14,894,057 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling that your mom is quite alive in you, Irish..When my mom died, my dad told me that as long as I lived, my mom would, because I was so much like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 10:18 PM

2,895 posts, read 5,477,128 times
Thumbs up Selah!

Yes Alpha8207,
The Holy Spirit has been heavily convicting me for the past year on this same
matter. And each day, I come to the realization that this so real to me, as I was
at our Umpteenth" family renunion and I felt closer to My Father in Christ Jesus
than I did my biological family. And I feel closer to my brothers and sisters in
Christ than I do my family, because of the new "Bloodline " that I inherited as a
result of being born-again . Even though I love them we don't relly speak the same sentiments anymore, at least the non-believers in family, actually, we
are unequally yoked (the un-believers). i love them and treat them the same,
but we don't share the same convictions anymore, but I continually lift them up in my prayers, and prayers does change things and most of them are changing
on their own, Hallelujah!, Christ taught us to take up His cross and follow Him
We just had an in depth Bible Study this past week on "Am I really willing to
take up His cross and follow Him"? I can honestly say yes, It can be trying at
times, But it's worth it now and it will be worth it in the end. Denying myself I
must admit is an awesome challenge, but each day He supplies me with all I
need to do this, and besides I love Him just that much... Well Alpha, there
goes the typing again!!! I don't know how to keep the the text from spacing.
But I'll try to learn at a later date,
God Bless
Your posts are very encouraging to me. especially after i've gone through
a really horrible day!!!
Thanks, Yours in Christ Jesus Our Saviour and Lord

Old 09-02-2007, 10:21 PM

3,927 posts, read 5,698,453 times
Irish, yes, she is tall. Oh boy. and yup, ya have to clean.

I just wish you guys were all closer, I would invite you over for home made chicken salad on crossainats, fresh strawberries and kiwi, grapes and peaches with dip, and cake. We could drink coffee and sit around the talbe and have a blast.

This is what I do when my friends come over. We have a great time. Matter of fact, I am planning something like an afternoon tea for the end of this month for my friends. We are going to have a blast.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:26 PM

3,684 posts, read 8,421,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Irish, yes, she is tall. Oh boy. and yup, ya have to clean.

I just wish you guys were all closer, I would invite you over for home made chicken salad on crossainats, fresh strawberries and kiwi, grapes and peaches with dip, and cake. We could drink coffee and sit around the talbe and have a blast.

This is what I do when my friends come over. We have a great time. Matter of fact, I am planning something like an afternoon tea for the end of this month for my friends. We are going to have a blast.
Tall too...is her maiden name Mayo?!? Too scary!

That does sound like a blast. All my dearest friends are in NYC still..I do miss them but we stay in touch with several visits a year and phone/email. Each time I have connected with someone at that level here they have moved away...it's almost as if I don't want to be close with anyone here because they will move in a year...like a jinx..LOL But I do have one friend that has been a constant and we are very involved with eachother's lives. She is always there for me and I am for her...so I cherish that.

Hey maybe we should all start working for the airlines so we can hop around the country for free?!? If I didn't mind flying so much it could work.

BTW - Notice I did not bring up the cleaning thing again.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:31 PM

Now Irish, ya just can't get outta cleaning.

I have a best friend who lived just 1/2 mile from me until recently, now she lives ten miles from me, I miss just picking up and going to see her, even if it is midnight. We have found some land in a nearby subdivision that we would like to get, it is actually 2 1/2 acres so a huge lot. Just don't know, the last land we bought, back in the boonies, last year has now got three homes going up right across the road, we are heartsick.

anyways, back to friends, I have not had this many female friends ever. I simply love it. I guess growing up like a tom boy kept me from doing so many girly things I missed out on a lot, so I am making it up now.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:37 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,814,676 times
You're all welcome to come to Houston and I can paint your nails and we can fix each other's hair aiangel, I was always a girly girl. And I promise not to serve any coon

Old 09-02-2007, 10:40 PM

Ah shucks, I've probably eaten some at one time or another, LOL, and didn't even know it.

I would love to get nails done and hair done. Oh and we could do makeovers and even do that wax stuff you put your hands and feet in. Heaven.

Now, just go out and find a nice young man to do massages and I might have to fly out there tomorrow!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:41 PM

3,684 posts, read 8,421,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You're all welcome to come to Houston and I can paint your nails and we can fix each other's hair aiangel, I was always a girly girl. And I promise not to serve any coon
Are ya sure?

Barbecue Raccoon Recipe
Ingredients:
1 raccoon
12 small sweet potatoes
1 med. onion (sliced)
3 med. carrots
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 large bell pepper
1 cup water
1 bottle of barbecue sauce

Directions:

Dress the coon, then cook until tender. Debone. Place coon in foil lined baking pan. Add remaining ingredients to baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until sweet potatoes are done.

This recipe for Barbecue Raccoon serves/makes 6

Old 09-02-2007, 10:48 PM

1,393 posts, read 108,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Has the red-headed freckle faced stepchild position been filled yet?
How come it's always a red-head, maybe it should be a blonde step-child!!

Actually, red-heads are stepping up to be the most wanted hair color about time!!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:48 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,814,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Are ya sure?

Barbecue Raccoon Recipe
Ingredients:
1 raccoon
12 small sweet potatoes
1 med. onion (sliced)
3 med. carrots
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 large bell pepper
1 cup water
1 bottle of barbecue sauce

Directions:

Dress the coon, then cook until tender. Debone. Place coon in foil lined baking pan. Add remaining ingredients to baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until sweet potatoes are done.

This recipe for Barbecue Raccoon serves/makes 6
Girl you're make'n my mouth water!! How did you get my mother's recipe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity