Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 10:40 AM

322 posts, read 317,060 times

Advertisements

jesus came to teach and show us how to live in love and togetherness with eachother.

the worldy ego needs to be right to make someone else wrong.. this leads to distruction..our own distruction

the only time we have is right now.. this moment..always.
what the future holds is a mystery to us all. why do we fight over who has a better idea of it over who has crazy ideas of it.. they are all jsut different ideas becasue the fact is that we really dont know for sure what is in it.

foe now lets learn from what jesus came to teach.. peace.. love amoung brothers and sisiter. unity
unconditional love no matter what

it make sense. and it feels so good to love

Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post
jesus came to teach and show us how to live in love and togetherness with eachother.

the worldy ego needs to be right to make someone else wrong.. this leads to distruction..our own distruction

the only time we have is right now.. this moment..always.
what the future holds is a mystery to us all. why do we fight over who has a better idea of it over who has crazy ideas of it.. they are all jsut different ideas becasue the fact is that we really dont know for sure what is in it.

foe now lets learn from what jesus came to teach.. peace.. love amoung brothers and sisiter. unity
unconditional love no matter what

it make sense. and it feels so good to love
The future is no mystery. The Bible is clear about what lies ahead. Oh we can't really imagine what it will be like, but that the church is to be raptured before the Tribulation, and undergo the judgment seat of Christ to be evaluated for eternal rewards, and then return to the earth with Christ at the end of the Tribulation, and that there will be a thousand year Millennial kingdom and then the destruction of the present heavens and earth, and then their recreation, and then the eternal kingdom, is spelled out in the Scriptures. These things are a certainty.

Though the believer is to live one day at a time, he is also to live his life in the light of eternity. The believer is to love the coming of the Lord.

Oh, and there is more to life than love. And unity at the expense of truth is evil. If there is a conflict between truth and unity I'll always choose truth over unity.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:28 AM

322 posts, read 317,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The future is no mystery. The Bible is clear about what lies ahead. Oh we can't really imagine what it will be like, but that the church is to be raptured before the Tribulation, and undergo the judgment seat of Christ to be evaluated for eternal rewards, and then return to the earth with Christ at the end of the Tribulation, and that there will be a thousand year Millennial kingdom and then the destruction of the present heavens and earth, and then their recreation, and then the eternal kingdom, is spelled out in the Scriptures. These things are a certainty.

Though the believer is to live one day at a time, he is also to live his life in the light of eternity. The believer is to love the coming of the Lord.

Oh, and there is more to life than love. And unity at the expense of truth is evil. If there is a conflict between truth and unity I'll always choose truth over unity.
Truth does not need to prove itself but when it chooses to reveal itself it does so in complete LIGHT. for all to see.There are left no questions or reasons for dispute. truth make all things clear.

it is when the Dispute stop( within your own mind and self) this is when truth is evident.

if we continue to battle within oursleves and to others . this is a sign of darkness.

Truth doesnt leave you angry bitter or fearful.. it leaves u free.. to live and love and BE WHO U ARE. freely

EVidence of Truth is peace and love.

Last edited by godservant; 01-17-2012 at 11:37 AM..

Old 01-17-2012, 12:03 PM

531 posts, read 479,779 times
Default Confusion...

i think some people are confused (and I'm among them) when it comes to the Rapture concerning what people are actually meaning when they say the word...

are they talking about how the saved will meet Christ in the air and then the world will be destroyed... or...

the rapture occurs and then there will be the 1000 years?

People ask me questions about it and its so widely described by so many people, its hard to understand what they mean without asking them to clarify...

then the real problem ensues... when they say, "Huh?"

Old 01-17-2012, 12:50 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtkirk View Post
i think some people are confused (and I'm among them) when it comes to the Rapture concerning what people are actually meaning when they say the word...

are they talking about how the saved will meet Christ in the air and then the world will be destroyed... or...

the rapture occurs and then there will be the 1000 years?

People ask me questions about it and its so widely described by so many people, its hard to understand what they mean without asking them to clarify...

then the real problem ensues... when they say, "Huh?"
The rapture of the church simply refers to the fact that the dispensation of the church will be terminated with the catching up of the church into heaven prior to the beginning of the Tribulation which itself is the last seven years remaining to the age of Israel which was interrupted for the church-age. The dispensation of the church is an intercalation.

At the rapture of the church all church-age believers who have died and are in heaven will be resurrected, while all church-age believers who are alive on the earth at the time of the rapture will simply have their mortal bodies transformed into bodies of immortality and incorruption. This is what 1 Cor 15:51-54 and 1 Thess 4:13-17 are talking about.

The removal of the church from the earth, and with it the termination of the Holy Spirit's restraining ministry, is necessary so that the anti-christ can appear.

The Tribulation will begin at some point, not necessarily immediately, after the church has been taken up into heaven. When the anti-christ makes a covenant of peace this will signal the beginning of the Tribulation. The first half of the Tribulation will actually be peaceful. After three and a half years the anti-christ will break the covenant and that is when the great terror and destruction will begin.

The world will not be destroyed at the rapture or at the return of Christ at the end of the Tribulation. When Christ returns He will set up His Millennial kingdom. At the end of the Millennium the present heavens and earth will be destroyed and then recreated in a state of perfection and the eternal kingdom will simply continue on.

The word 'Armageddon' does not refer to the end of the world, but refers to the warfare which will take place at the end of the Tribulation which will cover the land and involve Jerusalem, Megiddo and the Plain of Esdraelon, Jehoshaphat Valley, and Edom. (Zech 12:2-11; 14:2; Rev 16:16; Ezek 39:11; Joel 3:2; Isa 63:1-6). The nations of the world will gather there and battle in an attempt to destroy Israel. But this attempt will be thwarted by Jesus when He returns and destroys those armies.

The church will not be on the earth during the Tribulation, but will have been taken up into heaven.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM

889 posts, read 825,586 times
The Catholics canonized the Bible. They don't believe in Rapture. Just a second coming with trumpets. You know, out in the open.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:04 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Whether the church of Christ is 'raptured' before the Great Tribulation or not (I believe it will be ?), ... few can dispute that fulfilled Bible prophecy places us closer to the Great Tribulation and return of Christ - than ever before.

So what does the End Time mean to us? --- Does it mean that we should 'prepare' for a great shaking of the planet, the fall of mountains into the Sea and God's final judgement? And just how will we do that ... buy 'Tribulation' insurance, return our library books, store up rations in an underground cave?

... Or, should we (believers) feel an increased sense of urgency for the souls of the lost? --- enough to perhaps scrap our own witnessing timetable and agenda ... and do something radical, like share the Gospel of Christ with the lost all around us!

Ironically, every generation since Christ has had an equal reason to believe that theirs was the final generation. And, at least on an individual basis, they were right! What if all are one day asked, "How did you respond to the belief that the lost around you ... were in imminent danger of facing judgement... without Christ?"

Sometimes, I think we dwell too much on 'theoretical theology,' than on our own personal accountability before the Living God.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The future is no mystery. The Bible is clear about what lies ahead.
I agree... the Bible is clear.
  • There is one 1 return ....... "the" day of the Lord, not multiple days or returns.
what's the difference if a person predicts a spefic date or one takes your approach.............. either way I can guess the prox date.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 PM

661 posts, read 622,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
...because there will not be one.

God is not the author of chaos.

Period.
Jesus asked a great question:

"When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

Old 01-17-2012, 10:26 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
I know it is not called a "rapture" in our bibles. I also know that Jesus is said to return again, and on a bright cloud and riding a horse? is that biblical? I cannot remember but it does clearly say that He will be as visible as lightening across the sky.

I don't need to think of rapture. I simply need to take it one step and moment at a time, doing my best to do what is right in each moment of every day of my life.

I know I'll be seeing Him though I also know I will never deserve to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity