U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-28-2012, 04:56 PM

4,604 posts, read 3,053,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solich2 View Post
5. Jesus actually came to earth to show us the way to God. He showed us that we all have Christ within us, and He taught us how to be one with God.

Please offer your comments and opinions on this.
New Age thinking.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 07:56 PM

7,270 posts, read 2,377,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
New Age thinking.
No one puts new wine into old wineskins.

Job 32:19
Behold, my belly is like unvented wine.
And like new wineskins, it is about to burst.

Mark 2:21
No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. If he does,
the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse.

Last edited by Jerwade; 01-28-2012 at 08:05 PM..

Old 01-29-2012, 08:11 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,570,321 times
Quote:
New Age thinking.
That's all this post is.

Genesis 3

1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:14 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,570,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No one puts new wine into old wineskins.

Job 32:19
Behold, my belly is like unvented wine.
And like new wineskins, it is about to burst.

Mark 2:21
No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. If he does,
the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse.

It's talking about being born-again into the Holy Spirit.

John 3:6-8

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:17 AM

9,895 posts, read 3,607,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solich2 View Post
I have a theory that I believe could be from the Spirit of God on what true Christianity is all about. I will lay out the points of my theory, and I would like you to comment and give your opinions.

1. What is currently being proclaimed as the Gospel and as Christianity is actually the antichrist system or the beast system that started with the yeast of the Pharisees and really took hold some time around the 4th century.

2. Within this beast system, comes the concept of eternal torment, sola scriptura, and other dogmatic doctrines. ( It is as if the beast system thrives off of these things to keep the masses believing this stuff. If you take away some of these doctrines then the whole thing collapses.)

3. The Bible is not the complete Word of God. There are inspired parts of it, but there are also parts where there are opinions.

4. Paul actually distorted the true Gospel. Paul has a very religious spirit. Thus, even when he converted to Christianity, he used that same zeal to bring in a yeast of the Pharisees, and thus we have Pauline Christianity today.

5. Jesus actually came to earth to show us the way to God. He showed us that we all have Christ within us, and He taught us how to be one with God.

6. His second coming that he speaks of is symbolic in terms that it will be in the hearts of people who come to know the Christ within themselves, and then God's Kingdom will be established on this earth through us and it will never end.

Please offer your comments and opinions on this.
Ha...Very Gnostic of you....

Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 PM

18,949 posts, read 8,805,399 times
Quote:
New Age thinking.
Unfortunately much of Christianity is still in the old age of ancient ignorance thinking and chooses to remain there.

The Almighty is beyond our reach and exalted in power; in his justice and great righteousness, he does not oppress. Job 37:23 Sounds super spiritual but in truth is the confession of someone who does not know God.

You men of Galilee,why stand you gazing into the sky ?.

The Spirit of God not so much Christianity teaches the Kingdom of God is within you, and Christ is in you,and greater is He that is in you. This might sound New, but is the teaching of the Ancient of days.

Can I get an amen ?.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:42 PM

7,270 posts, read 2,377,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can I get an amen?
Amen, P. Camps

Often times, you bring a smile to this face.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:59 PM

18,949 posts, read 8,805,399 times
Quote:
Amen, P. Camps

The feeling is mutual my friend.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 PM

22,733 posts, read 10,461,554 times
Quote:
Can I get an amen ?.
Quote:
Amen, P. Camps
Quote:
The feeling is mutual my friend.
I hope I am part of this mutuality!!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 PM

4,043 posts, read 1,364,237 times
Indeed some, if not most of the "Lost books of the bible" are clearly true scripture and should have been canonical. (not Infancy one and two....they sound like mere fables)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity