U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:24 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,536,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And not just any homeless, sick and needy person but specifically Christ's brethren.

Mother Theresa was asked on T.V. why she took care of the poor and her reply was that according to Matthew 25 that if she didn't she'd go to hell forever. So much for doing things for others for love's sake. She was using the poor for her fire insurance.
It is not wise for you to judge Mother Teresa or anyone else for that matter. I believe we are obligated to treat everyone as our neighbor, not only those who you decide "are saved". I wonder why it is so hard for us to learn this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 02:25 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,336,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you have been told the judgment is BEFORE the 1000 kingdom That is not supported in the Bible.
Actually that judgment of Matthew 25:31-46 is WHEN Christ returns to this earth with His messengers

Mat 25:31 Now, whenever the Son of Mankind may be coming in His glory,
and all the holy messengers with Him, then shall He be seated on the throne
of His glory,

AFTER the 1000 years the earth flees away and the Great Throne judgment begins.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
It is not wise for you to judge Mother Teresa or anyone else for that matter. I believe we are obligated to treat everyone as our neighbor, not only those who you decide "are saved". I wonder why it is so hard for us to learn this?
I don't need to judge her. She judged herself when she opened her mouth and condemned herself.

Doing things for poor people for the sole reason of saving your own hide is done in vain.

What did Paul say? If I morsel out all my belongings to the poor but have no love, what profit is it?

I'm not against helping the poor. I'm against hypocrites who do it for ulterior motives.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:27 PM

37,122 posts, read 24,976,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Amen! Judgers, like teachers, have a heavier burden to account for.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! Judgers, like teachers, have a heavier burden to account for.
So you agree it is O.K. for Mother Theresa to help the poor for the sole reason that it gives her a "get out of jail" card?

BTW, how can I judge HER since she's been dead? For me to judge her I'd have to have her before me and I would be trying to set HER straight.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,037,749 times
Quote:
I don't need to judge her. She judged herself when she opened her mouth and condemned herself.

Doing things for poor people for the sole reason of saving your own hide is done in vain.

What did Paul say? If I morsel out all my belongings to the poor but have no love, what profit is it?

I'm not against helping the poor. I'm against hypocrites who do it for ulterior motives.

God judges the heart; he looks at our insides (motives), not our outsides (actions).

"Lord, Lord, I ..."
"... I never new you" comes to mind.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:57 AM

37,122 posts, read 24,976,085 times
Quote:
So you agree it is O.K. for Mother Theresa to help the poor for the sole reason that it gives her a "get out of jail" card?
How can it not be OK to help the poor? What do her reasons have to do with it?
Quote:
BTW, how can I judge HER since she's been dead? For me to judge her I'd have to have her before me and I would be trying to set HER straight.
Not your job . . . that is for God.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How can it not be OK to help the poor?
Did I ever say it was not OK to help the poor? No.
It is good to help the poor. It is bad to help the poor for the sole reason of getting a "get out of jail" card.

Quote:
What do her reasons have to do with it?Not your job . . . that is for God.
When she goes before God and she tells God that she helped the poor to box God in so He would HAVE TO SAVE HER FROM THE FIRES, what do you think God is going to possibly say to her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity