U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 02:20 PM

17,968 posts, read 11,951,016 times

Advertisements

Some ministers and christians believe Hell is on almost every page of the Bible. But Paul, the apostle of the nations, never once told the nations about a hell. And Paul said he "taught the whole counsel of God."
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM

84 posts, read 92,090 times
I used to be in such fear of hell all the time that I would spend hours confessing my sins, but then I got burnt out. It would seem that all of this stuff is just a joke. It makes me want the real thing. But what is the real thing?

Old 01-19-2012, 03:24 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,007,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Some ministers and christians believe Hell is on almost every page of the Bible. But Paul, the apostle of the nations, never once told the nations about a hell. And Paul said he "taught the whole counsel of God."
Don't believe everything you read at tentmaker.

Here is just one 'hell' teaching...

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
... everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord ...

Old 01-19-2012, 05:37 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,509,618 times
Quote:
I used to be in such fear of hell all the time that I would spend hours confessing my sins, but then I got burnt out. It would seem that all of this stuff is just a joke. It makes me want the real thing. But what is the real thing?
God is love, Solich2 and He will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. Many believers believe that the scriptures teach that all will eventually return to Him. Love never fails. Jesus is the Savior of all men, especially of believers, not exclusively of believers. God bless.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:37 PM

8,782 posts, read 5,991,274 times
The metaphysical definition of hell is the absence of God.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:04 PM

7,375 posts, read 7,843,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The metaphysical definition of hell is the absence of God.
This is good. I would hate to be in a place where God is absent
But to address the OP, I guess it doesn't matter that hell is mentioned by Jesus a bunch of times. As well in a buch of other places.

OTOH you will hang your hat on a single scripture that says God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. Well, but sorry desire is not the same as forceing. The UR folk repeat the untruth that God is going to force, compel all to accept Jesus-after they die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
God is love, Solich2 and He will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. Many believers believe that the scriptures teach that all will eventually return to Him. Love never fails. Jesus is the Savior of all men, especially of believers, not exclusively of believers. God bless.
What about women?

Old 01-19-2012, 06:12 PM

7,759 posts, read 6,610,808 times
Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Big deal. He certainly taught the concept. It doesn't even matter that Paul never said this or Peter never said that. Its all the word of God. God is the author, God is the authority. Jesus certainly taught it, and that settles the matter.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
What about women?
Yep, women too! God bless.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:21 PM

As one of th UR folk, I do believe that God will win all hearts to Himself. All of the UR folk do not agree on everything, but I for one do believe that God will "force" His will on all people in the end. He will remove all binders and blinders and reach every heart that He created. Jesus gets the all that He died for. All were created through Him and for Him. (Col.1) God bless.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:10 PM

463 posts, read 369,670 times
Paul never did the works that Jesus did and Jesus said that those who have faith in Him would do the works He did.

Here is an example of how to do the works of the son of man.

Quote:
Example; Thus says the Lord; 34:22 The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him incurs guilt..

Psalms;
37:3Trust in the Lord, and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. 6 He will make justice dawn for you like the light; bright as the noon day will be your vindication.

37:11The meek shall inherit the land, and delight themselves in abundant peace.

37:27 Depart from evil, and do good; so you shall abide forever. For the Lord loves justice; he will not forsake his faithful ones. The righteous shall be kept safe forever, but the children of the wicked shall be cut off. The righteous shall inherit the land, and live in it forever. The just mans mouth speaks wisdom, and their tongues speak what is right. The law of their God is in their hearts; their steps do not stumble.
JN 3:13 No one has gone up to heaven except the one who has come down from heaven, the Son of Man.
And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him shall not perish but shall have eternal life.
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.
Whoever believes in him will not be condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of Gods only son.

JN 4:10 If only you recognized Gods gift, and who it is thatís speaking to you, you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water. Anyone who drinks the water I give him will never become thirsty the water I give him shall be like a well inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

JN 4:23 The hour is coming, and is now here, when genuine worshipers will worship the Lord in spirit and truth. Truly,it is just such worshipers the Lord wants. For God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

JN 5:19 Truly I say to you, the Son can do nothing on his own, he can only do what he sees his Father doing; for whatever the Father does the Son does likewise
For the Father loves the Son and whatever he does he shows him, and he will show him greater works than these, so that you may be amazed.
For just as the Father raises the dead and grants life, so too does the Son give life to those who do His wishes.
Almighty God judges no one, but has given all judgment over to the son so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
Truly I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes in the one who sent me possesses eternal life and will not come under condemnation, but has passed from death to life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or