Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 04:46 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,384 times

Advertisements

I couldnt care less about a candidates person life. As long he institutes the right policies

Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
It's never gonna happen...Newt fell into the same trap Rudy did...he talks the talk but he doesn't walk the walk!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:51 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
I couldnt care less about a candidates person life. As long he institutes the right policies
It's not looking good with these guys. Both Romney and Gingrich would drive the same policies as the current guy, so it leaves only Ron Paul.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:01 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
What is truly amazing is the power of the right wing propaganda machine and how effective it has been in creating absolute hatred for President Obama and his wife Michelle. It's shocking to me. Were I not to see it in action (and someone just told me about it), I'd have found it hard to believe that it were true. It is quite stunning... quite stunning all the evil things President Obama has been falsely accused of by those who claim to be spreading the gospel of peace and love.

This is what is wrong with the church in America:
Why I Hate Barack Obama! Pastor Steven Anderson Sermon | Video Cafe

Last edited by Heartsong; 01-20-2012 at 03:23 AM..

Old 01-20-2012, 03:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, he is married to wife #3. He cheated on the first two. The first one was in the hospital fighting cancer when he came in to discuss divorce. Then he married wife #2 and cheated on her too, and then married wife #3. He is morally corrupt, and there is no way a person like that should be the President. When he was caught cheating #2, he asked her if she was OK with an open marriage. This means both would be free to date other people.

This is what he said of his wife ""She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer."
Wow!...And we as a nation persecuted Clinton for his sins...Do we only persecute and impeach presidents for immoral acts but have a laissez-faire attitude towards other politicians?...What is to be said for us as a nation?...

Old 01-20-2012, 03:33 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
And how many adulterers have been President? Kennedy and Clinton come to mind immediately.
In the past 60 years, the only two Presidents that come to mind that haven't been adulterers are Jimmy Carter and Harry Truman. Dwight Eisenhower had an affair with his driver during World War II (Kay Summersby, I think her name was). Even Lyndon Johnson, as stomach turning as that vision may be, had at least one mistress. Warren Harding had numerous affairs (if you've seen pictures of his wife, you can probably understand why). FDR had a mistress - I believe she was with him when he died.

In the 1890's, Grover Cleveland's campaign was racked with scandal when it was brought out in the open that he had fathered a child out of wedlock, although he was unmarried at the time. Years later, when he was in his late 40's, he married 21-year-old Frances Folsom, and she became First Lady.

What Newt Gingrich did, although not right, is nothing new. American history is chock full of Presidential infideltiies. The only reason they were not focused on, is because the public did not know about them.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Wow!...And we as a nation persecuted Clinton for his sins...Do we only persecute and impeach presidents for immoral acts but have a laissez-faire attitude towards other politicians?...What is to be said for us as a nation?...
We, as a nation persecuted Clinton, and Gingrich himself (the speaker of the house at the time) was one of the most vocal attackers. This was during the same time he was cheating on his own wife. Clinton deserved harsh criticism for what he did, but it was hypocritical of Gingrich to say anything when he is doing the exact same thing at the same exact time.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
We, as a nation persecuted Clinton, and Gingrich himself (the speaker of the house at the time) was one of the most vocal attackers. This was during the same time he was cheating on his own wife. Clinton deserved harsh criticism for what he did, but it was hypocritical of Gingrich to say anything when he is doing the exact same thing at the same exact time.
Thank you for being honest, Finn Jarber. I respect you for that!

Old 01-20-2012, 05:47 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,269,206 times
Quote:
No, he is married to wife #3. He cheated on the first two. The first one was in the hospital fighting cancer when he came in to discuss divorce. Then he married wife #2 and cheated on her too, and then married wife #3. He is morally corrupt, and there is no way a person like that should be the President. When he was caught cheating #2, he asked her if she was OK with an open marriage. This means both would be free to date other people.

This is what he said of his wife ""She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer."
He says he has repented and has converted. Who are we to pass judgement? Millions of people commit adultery including presidents (Kennedy, Clinton). Have you so soon forgotten what went on in the oval office under the desk? Were you as judgemental then? Were you one who cried loudly for impeachment because of moral degredation? Are u suggesting one cannot repent?

Did you actually hear Newt say this or was it reported by the heavily biased media which has always been in the tank for the dems? Are you someone who believes everything the media tells you.

Kate

Old 01-20-2012, 05:55 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
And how many adulterers have been President? Kennedy and Clinton come to mind immediately.
MY guess would be .... ALL OF THEM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity