Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 06:12 AM

32,529 posts, read 21,830,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Ok it's official now; THAT'S the biggest stretch I have ever heard of that verse to try to reason away the plural expressions of G-d, who wants to make man in their (plural expressions) image, and the concise and simple meaning of the Shema (I made US echad, Israel).

Which do you prefer? "Adam, I want to make man in your image too, even though you're the first of your kind, according to Me later." Or....

"Adam, I haven't made you yet, but I like talking to myself, so I'll pretend you're made already and we'll discuss making all the others in our image, ok? Ok. (Darn it; forgot it's not a good sign to answer yourself)."

Please note that this below was AFTER, G-d talked to Himself above, according to you.

Genesis 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and THERE WAS NOT A MAN TO TILL THE GROUND.

To recap: He already created everything else, and states plainly that there was not a man to till the ground. Peace
G-d created Adam in chapter one...It seems the Jews know what there own scriptures say...

Old 11-18-2016, 03:53 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,881,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Elohim = Powers that be, so to speak...

Let us, G-d and Adam together, create man in our image...You have to understand the Hebrew in order to understand that G-d was speaking with Adam...

YHWH was speaking to his master worker.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:31 AM

134 posts, read 58,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
G-d is the Father and He Has a spirit, the Spirit of G-d...The sons of G-d are those that follow Him...
Same here.

Where does someone find a Jewish explanation of Revelation symbols?

Last edited by Daingerfield; 11-19-2016 at 03:43 AM..

Old 11-19-2016, 07:56 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,620,359 times
Hann or daqq would be good sources for that imo

Old 11-19-2016, 08:21 AM

619 posts, read 307,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Hann or daqq would be good sources for that imo
Richard's Masorete text has been corrupted. Does your heavenly Father know evil?
Or is it only the Elohim which know good and evil?

Genesis 3:21-23 KJV (Masorete Hebrew Text)
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God [YHWH Elohim] make coats of skins, and clothed them.
22 And the LORD God [YHWH Elohim] said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the LORD God [YHWH Elohim] sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Genesis 3:21-23 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton English Translation)
21 And the Lord God [κυριος ο θεος - YHWH Elohim] made for Adam and his wife garments of skin, and clothed them.
22 And God [ο θεος - the Elohim] said, Behold, Adam is become as one of us, to know good and evil, and now lest at any time he stretch forth his hand, and take of the tree of life and eat, and so he shall live forever -
23 So the Lord God [κυριος ο θεος - YHWH Elohim] sent him forth out of the garden of Delight to cultivate the ground out of which he was taken.

See the problem here? The Hebrew Text says that the Father knows both good and evil and the word used for "to know" in the above is the same used for Adam "knowing his wife", (which therefore clearly implies the most intimate kind of knowledge). However the Septuagint, which came a THOUSAND YEARS before the Masoretic Hebrew text, does not have the replacement word for the Father, (κυριος), in the critical statement from verse twenty two. So which one is correct? Everyone who reads this must decide for his or her own self, but as for me and my house:

My heavenly Father does not know evil . . .

Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Ok it's official now; THAT'S the biggest stretch I have ever heard of that verse to try to reason away the plural expressions of G-d, who wants to make man in their (plural expressions) image, and the concise and simple meaning of the Shema (I made US echad, Israel).

Which do you prefer? "Adam, I want to make man in your image too, even though you're the first of your kind, according to Me later." Or....

"Adam, I haven't made you yet, but I like talking to myself, so I'll pretend you're made already and we'll discuss making all the others in our image, ok? Ok. (Darn it; forgot it's not a good sign to answer yourself)."

Please note that this below was AFTER, G-d talked to Himself above, according to you.

Genesis 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and THERE WAS NOT A MAN TO TILL THE GROUND.

To recap: He already created everything else, and states plainly that there was not a man to till the ground. Peace
not interested in intruding here, on the argument, but this reflects to me the difficulty of making a god, rather than an angel, for some reason. God created Adam (we were born, babies, without an Abel or a Cain yet manifest, although they were nascent) and, leaving Eve out for the moment, so as to not mix metaphors too much, we grow up into a "little child," an Abel, so to speak, who seeks shepherds, and to shepherd, in the manner of a big brother shepherding a little brother, not in the manner of an Apostate, shepherding from a platform. then, we Adult, where Cain--a tiller of his own soil--kills our Abel, and we adopt Adult terms for...everything; Shepherd (now, from a pulpit), Christ (now Jesus, on a pole), Christian (now, whatever anyone defines that as; generally understood as an Apostate, a Hypocrite). etcetc.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Richard's Masorete text has been corrupted. Does your heavenly Father know evil?
Or is it only the Elohim which know good and evil?

Genesis 3:21-23 KJV (Masorete Hebrew Text)
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God [YHWH Elohim] make coats of skins, and clothed them.
22 And the LORD God [YHWH Elohim] said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the LORD God [YHWH Elohim] sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Genesis 3:21-23 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton English Translation)
21 And the Lord God [κυριος ο θεος - YHWH Elohim] made for Adam and his wife garments of skin, and clothed them.
22 And God [ο θεος - the Elohim] said, Behold, Adam is become as one of us, to know good and evil, and now lest at any time he stretch forth his hand, and take of the tree of life and eat, and so he shall live forever -
23 So the Lord God [κυριος ο θεος - YHWH Elohim] sent him forth out of the garden of Delight to cultivate the ground out of which he was taken.

See the problem here? The Hebrew Text says that the Father knows both good and evil and the word used for "to know" in the above is the same used for Adam "knowing his wife", (which therefore clearly implies the most intimate kind of knowledge). However the Septuagint, which came a THOUSAND YEARS before the Masoretic Hebrew text, does not have the replacement word for the Father, (κυριος), in the critical statement from verse twenty two. So which one is correct? Everyone who reads this must decide for his or her own self, but as for me and my house:

and so, the Greek Septuagint OT--which is apparently the one quoted NT (of which we only have the Greek, and no Hebrew, of course) is being elevated above the Hebrew Torah OT here, in a Book about the Hebrews? how weird is that? i am persuaded, being as how God is such a Freak, but how weird is this lol. and yet it tails, with the Law-keepers corrupting the Law, huh. it also tails with my grasp of where the Hebrew NT is now, in an incorruptible place, so to speak.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
23 So the Lord God [κυριος ο θεος - YHWH Elohim] sent him forth out of the garden of Delight to cultivate the ground out of which he was taken.[/color]
Behold; Adam has gotten a forebrain, and has acquired self-consciousness (exactly as We had planned), and is no longer an animal (eating what We provide, and having no self-consciousness, and no cares, not a care in the world, completely herenow); now, lest he stretch forth his hand, and take and eat from the Tree of Life (Word, i suspect, but you define it for yourself), let Us put him to plowing the soil (of the whole earth; but more immediately his soil; let Us make him an Adult, that he may experience Cain, the wrong way, first)(so that We may manifest gods, in Our Image).

Old 11-19-2016, 11:15 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,816,815 times
Quote:
So, you are saying that He is completely ignorant of what deeply concerns Him?

Old 11-19-2016, 11:18 AM

619 posts, read 307,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
and so, the Greek Septuagint OT--which is apparently the one quoted NT (of which we only have the Greek, and no Hebrew, of course) is being elevated above the Hebrew Torah OT here, in a Book about the Hebrews? how weird is that? i am persuaded, being as how God is such a Freak, but how weird is this lol. and yet it tails, with the Law-keepers corrupting the Law, huh. it also tails with my grasp of where the Hebrew NT is now, in an incorruptible place, so to speak.
No because the Septuagint also has errors. What it does is level the field, (and thus we need both). However the majority of New Testament quotes actually match the Septuagint better when there is a discrepancy and, in a few cases, there are even quotes not found in the Hebrew text, (such as Deuteronomy 32:43 quoted in Hebrews 1:6 which is only found in the Septuagint). Also it really is not that strange because they were Levites and Jews that translated the Septuagint, (at least the Torah sections which most agree to have been rendered some 250-300 years before Messiah). No one can say for sure who did what but there are quite a few critical places where the Tetragrammaton appears to have been inserted into the Hebrew text, (where it does not appear to have been in whatever Hebrew text was used to render the Greek Septuagint a thousand years before), and this strongly implies that somewhere along the way there was an attempt to reinforce a strictly monotheistic view. If so be that such a thing was done by the Masoretes then they clearly went too far, (at least in the passages quoted in my previous post).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity