U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:28 AM

5,261 posts, read 3,646,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post
Verna, one of the things I have learned over the years is when your heart becomes heavy with your loss, you remember the times that something so funny happened that you just have to chuckle! With Daddy, it can be back when I was 10 and CB radio was such a craze...he was talking and his dentures fell out while he was talking! I remember how he kept trying to talk, sounding like he had his mouth full and the clicking sound of the dentures banging together (guess you had to be there; I'm laughing now just thinking about it)! And the look on his face when my wife and I were at the hospital while she was in the process of actively delivering our second child...he walked in just to ask if I needed anything from the store, guess nobody was there to keep him from going in! Door comes open, my Daddy standing there (my siblings and I were born when mothers were wheeled back to the OR and put under anesthesia for delivery; dads stayed in the waiting room and drank coffee until they were told "It's a boy/girl!"), my wife with legs in stirrups, doctor where he was supposed to be, wife screaming obscenities at me for getting her in such a condition...and the look on my Daddy's face was just utter and complete confusion! My mother-in-law, also (and permissibly) present, yells, "Benny, she's trying to have a baby! You gotta leave!"
To this day, Verna, when I feel sad about Daddy being gone, and that's been a lot over the last few years, I just remember that look of utter perplexity on his face while trying to process something he was not familiar with!! The pain of not having him here eases, and knowing that he is with Jesus makes everything so much easier to bear.
.....awww snuffy...you made me laugh...and at a time when my heart is filled with such sadness...I'm sitting here looking at a photo of him giving me the sweetest kiss...it's outside in the beautiful bright sunshine, with trees all around...it was such a beautiful day that day...I wish I could have another one just like it...

His Funeral is Friday...it's getting closer and closer ...please continue praying for me...and thank you for making me laugh...I remember when I was really little (2 or 3)...mom went grocery shopping, and left dad to babysit ...she came home to find him sleeping on the couch and me next to him with her bright red tube of lipstick...which was now nothing but an empty tube...and need I say where all that pretty bright red lipstick was...?...yep...mostly on his face...but I basically covered every part of his skin that I was able to get to...I'm an artist now......I started early !

God Bless you snuffy...and thanks again...Love in Christ,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 PM

3,885 posts, read 1,999,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I'm sitting here looking at a photo of him giving me the sweetest kiss...it's outside in the beautiful bright sunshine, with trees all around...it was such a beautiful day that day...I wish I could have another one just like it...

You will get it, Verna.
Why would God put it in our heart to yearn for our loved ones who have passed over, if he would not reunite us?

Our hearts tell us many things. It's where God speaks to us, if only we would be still and listen.

Your sorrow will turn to joy.
It's a promise.
All is well, dear Verna.

I have lost many in my life so far. Lost my best friend who was my mom when I was a teenager. The thing that stands out to me the most is how much deeper my love has grown for them. What a beautiful thing. And if my love has grown deeper, does God not feel joy over that? Does this not honor God in the most beautiful of ways? Our love is never in vain. Our sorrow will turn into joy.

Peace to you, friend.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:57 PM

Default Precious memories....How they linger...

This is me and my daddy last summer...his last trip to visit us before he became ill...
just look at the smiles upon those two faces...that's pure love in those smiles...
I miss you daddy...♥...

‎...and here is the sweetest kiss...I love you daddy ♥...

Yesterday was his funeral...it was very special with the Air Force in dress blues...
white gloves...and the Sheriff's Deputies in their perfectly crisp fress uniforms,
along with Ben Johnson, Volusia County Sheriff...family members I have not seen in a lifetime...
everything and more than dad could have ever hoped for...he was honored so sweetly.
I'll post photos as soon as I am able.

To little bird......thank you my friend for your heart...and to katie......your sweet
heart is precious...I love you both...I love all of you...very much.

He'll always be in my heart.

God Bless,
Verna.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:06 PM

February 15, 2012
Suwannee Democrat Obituaries - Feb. 15, 2012

Anonymous Suwannee Democrat The Suwannee Democrat Wed Feb 15, 2012, 04:54 PM EST
Live Oak

Stewart Henry ‘Stu’ Perkins Jr.

Oct. 7, 1936 - Jan. 28, 2012

Stewart Henry ‘Stu’ Perkins, Jr., 75, of O’Brien, Fla., passed from this life on Jan. 28, 2012 at his home. The Central City, Ky. native moved to the O’Brien area 26 years ago from Mt. Dora, Fla. Stu was a veteran of the Korean War serving in the United States Air Force. He worked at the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office and for the Florida Department of Corrections. He rose to the rank of Major in the Lake County Sheriff’s Office where he retired after 36 years of law enforcement. He then worked with the Suwannee County Game and Fish Commission, he was also their gator catcher. He was a deputy as well as in corrections . Stu was very active as a member of the American Legion, Elks Lodge, Branford OES Chapter #112 and also a 32 degree Mason in the Branford Masonic Lodge #130. Mr. Perkins was also a member of the Branford United Methodist Church.

He is survived by his wife: Brenda Perkins, O’Brien, Fla.; daughters: Verna Perry and Marsha Gering, both of De Bary, Fla.; step-daughters: Cathy Hahn, Winter Park, Fla.; Judy Staffieri, Dunedin, Fla.; step-son: David & Terri Staffieri, Lake City, Fla.; Daniel & Lisa Staffieri, Franklin, Ga.; Michael Staffieri, Columbus, Ohio; sister: Emma Carroll, Springfield, Ky.; brother: Rev. William ‘Bill’ Perkins, Central City, Ky.; 11 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.

A memorial service, with military honors, will be held at 1:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 17, 2012 at Jacksonville National Cemetery, Jacksonville, FL.

In lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be made to the American Heart Association, PO Box 840692, Dallas TX 75284-0692.

Sign the guestbook at www.danielsfuneralhomes.com.

... ... I miss him so much .

Old 02-19-2012, 05:57 PM

...the family went to Cracker Barrel afterward to get together before we all went our separate ways...I hadn't seen my daughter and grandchild since two years ago...we Skype and all...but being together and actually holding one another...touching faces...feeling the warmth of the bodies you love so close to you...when your heart is so broken...we were saying good-by...(sigh........) it was hard...but I am so thankful for the time we did have together...to honor my dad...my daughter's grandpa....and holding my little princess Teagan...pure love here...

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419062_2682266100889_1383420620_32168367_139602002 6_n.jpg (broken link)

...thank you God...for my family .

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418748_2682256740655_1383420620_32168359_207556524 6_n.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-19-2012, 06:29 PM

12,346 posts, read 14,139,333 times
Verna, thank you for sharing..My heart goes out to you being so far in miles from your daughter and precious little Teagan..But the photo's tell of love that surpasses all miles and obstacles..
May you be blessed dear one..

I see your daddy was from the beautiful Bluegrass State

Old 02-19-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Verna, thank you for sharing..My heart goes out to you being so far in miles from your daughter and precious little Teagan..But the photo's tell of love that surpasses all miles and obstacles..
May you be blessed dear one..

I see your daddy was from the beautiful Bluegrass State
......Miss Blue......the tears are flowing...the nights are the hardest for me.

It helps me to share this with you all...I don't know why...it just does...I just feel like putting it all out there...I need you all to be "with" me in this season of my life, in some sort of way...everyone's words are comforting to me...uplifting...I need that....and too - I need this journal to be everlasting...something I can go to whenever I want...

Yes, he was a Kentucky red-neck to the tee ! Grandma (his mom) used to tell me that he was the one of her three who always stayed in trouble...I have a photo of him when he was 13 years old...and he looked like he came right out of the Spankies Gang so cute.

Thank you Miss Blue...for your heart...love you.

...I am sooo blessed Miss Blue...everyone...and I DO mean everyone here has blessed my heart...and I thank you all so much.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:17 AM

Default Johnny Cash and Loretta Lynn...

...daddy's favorite artist's...and his favorite song was "In the Garden"...he'd sing it to the top of his lungs when he went to church...

Loretta Lynn - In The Garden - YouTube

...and this one he loved a lot too...Johnny Cash was his favorite of all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lswaw...eature=related

Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 PM

10,258 posts, read 8,236,968 times
The photos of your family are very touching, Verna. Thank you for sharing them. May God give you His peace and strength. God bless you.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 PM

2,895 posts, read 5,225,841 times
Smile God Has You In His Arms

So Sorry Verna
I have bot been on for some time now and regret the passing of your father
and that I missed this opportunity to send my comfort and prayers.
know this that I am here for you if you need me
Blessings & Love
~Peace~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity