Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2012, 06:23 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That's simply not what the Bible reveals.... even in the OT God says he himself will be their Shepherd
“ ‘For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep.' ..You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are people, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign LORD.’Ezekiel 34
And what does Jesus say of himself:
John 10:11
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

John 10:14
I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—
And what do people who (hate Jesus.. who hate the truth) do when Jesus claims that he is the Sovereign LORD ( capitol "LORD" in the OT is Jehovah)
the Jews picked up stones to stone him, “We are not stoning you for any of these," (refering to the miracles that Jesus did) replied the Jews,
“but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” John 10:33
-----> “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
Jesus claimed to be God.... the Sovereign LORD

All anti-trinitarian messages are attempting to "throw stones" like the equilivent of the Jews wanting to stone Jesus,...
because Jesus claimed to be God.

Amen...another good post, Twin.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus claimed to be God ....
He never made that claim.
It was a false accusation.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:01 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
LK 20:41 "And He said unto them, Why do they say that Christ is David's son?
LK 20:42 And David himself says in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit You on My right hand,
LK 20:43 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool."

By saying this He was declaring Himself very plainly to be the Lord within the trinity of the Lord. The Lord said by the Holy Spirit that Christ was the Lord.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:12 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Hi, That Jesus is Lord does not mean that He is a part of a Trinity or all that the Father, the invisible God is He is called God, and existed in the form of God, but everything that He is comes from the invisible God, His Father, and His God.
He tells us this.
His God, the Father, gave Him the right to be called Lord. He was highly exalted by God, His Father, who gave Him the name above all names

"that at the name of Jesus every knee would bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that JESUS CHRIST is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2 )

He represents the invisible God, His Father. Everything that He did was for the glory of the Father, His God. .

John 20:17 Jesus *said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’ (NAS)

There is nothing to add to what Jesus has told us.

Hebrews 1: (caps from the translation)

1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 [a]in these last days has spoken to us [b]in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [c]world. 3 [d]And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and [e]upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

5 For to which of the angels did He ever say,

“YOU ARE MY SON,
TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU”?
And again,
“I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM
AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME”?
6 And [f]when He again brings the firstborn into [g]the world, He says,
“AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM.”
7 And of the angels He says,
“WHO MAKES HIS ANGELS WINDS,
AND HIS MINISTERS A FLAME OF FIRE.”
8 But of the Son He says,
“YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER,
AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF [h]HIS KINGDOM.
9 “YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED LAWLESSNESS;

THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS ANOINTED YOU
WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS.”
10 And,
“YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH,
AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS;
11 THEY WILL PERISH, BUT YOU REMAIN;
AND THEY ALL WILL BECOME OLD LIKE A GARMENT,
12 AND LIKE A MANTLE YOU WILL ROLL THEM UP;
LIKE A GARMENT THEY WILL ALSO BE CHANGED.
BUT YOU ARE THE SAME,
AND YOUR YEARS WILL NOT COME TO AN END.”
13 But to which of the angels has He ever said,
“SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,
UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES
A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET”? 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?"

God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-11-2012 at 08:26 PM..

Old 02-11-2012, 08:35 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Can't stands it no mores..... just had to insert your name within Twins post.... hee, hee !
Gotta love it, right, Twin !!

Isn't it wonderful, saved33, Twin, Mike and other's not to be slaves to an unbelief and that our God Jesus Christ calls us sons and daughter's of the Most High and we will abide forever with our God Jesus Christ....

Amen, when Jesus sets you free you are free indeed. For we know that His TRUTH shall always make us FREE.....
.... as our God Jesus Christ said, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. (John 8:31) Amen !!

We know that....
A slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. (John 8:35-37).... as those who God has given His truth know that...... He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91:1).... for all eternity, amen !!

There will be no..... To hew for ourselves cisterns, broken cisterns that can hold no water.....

Our thirst is completely satisfied, confidently sealed in our God.... no need to search everywhere for His truth outside the boundaries of His loving will....

His grace has filled our cistern completely full to the brim and over flowing with the fountain of His Living water the life of our God Jesus Christ' truth..... His grace will continue filling our hearts with His joy..... for He will show us the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11) ..... and it is now and for all eternity, amen !!

Blessings to All... Our God is FAITHFUL !!
AMEN Sister!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jesus made that claim at least twice:
  1. "...blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God"
  2. “He has spoken blasphemy!"
John 10:33
“We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Matthew 26:65
Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
And what do people who (hate Jesus.. who hate the truth) do when Jesus claims that he is the Sovereign LORD ( capitol "LORD" in the OT is Jehovah)
the Jews picked up stones to stone him, “We are not stoning you for any of these," (refering to the miracles that Jesus did) replied the Jews,
“but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” John 10:33
-----> “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
Jesus claimed to be God.... the Sovereign LORD

John 10: 31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them,“I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’? 35 If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may [f]know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.” 39 Therefore they were seeking again to seize Him, and He eluded their grasp."

John 20:17 Jesus *said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’ (NAS)

Do you believe that Jesus has a God?

No reason to add to what Jesus has told us.

God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-11-2012 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-11-2012, 08:39 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen.... Twin, I am so grateful that words can not even express how I feel about my God.... as there was a time in my relationship with my Lord, I too, did not believe in the Triune, amen !!
Yet, my Lord God, Savior Jesus Christ changed that heart of unbelief into a believing heart of who He says He is... He is My Father God, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit in whom is the fountain of living water, that I will never thirst for His truth again... because of His promises that whoever drinks of the water that He will give to those who believe... they shall never thirst. And that water that He gives us will become in those who believe Him, a well of water springing up to eternal life...... for My God Jesus Christ is the fountain of life... and no man/woman and all their philosophy of what God says, does, whatever can take that away, it is a done deal, sealed in His truth, amen !

Jeremiah 2:13
“For My people have committed two evils:
They have forsaken Me,
The fountain of living waters,
To hew for themselves cisterns,
Broken cisterns
That can hold no water.

Psalm 36:9
For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light.

John 7:38
He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’”

John 4:14
But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.” .”..... AMEN !!

John 6:35
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.

Jeremiah 17:13
O LORD, the hope of Israel,
All who forsake You will be put to shame.
Those who turn away on earth will be written down,
Because they have forsaken the fountain of living water, even the LORD.

Blessings
Blessed are they who have not seen yet have believe.
One day my dear sister in the faith, we shall see!

God's peace be with you.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:44 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, That Jesus is Lord does not mean that He is a part of a Trinity or all that the Father, the invisible God is He is called God, and existed in the form of God, but everything that He is comes from the invisible God, His Father, and His God.
He tells us this.
His God, the Father, gave Him the right to be called Lord. He was highly exalted by God, His Father, who gave Him the name above all names

"that at the name of Jesus every knee would bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that JESUS CHRIST is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2 )

He represents the invisible God, His Father. Everything that He did was for the glory of the Father, His God. .

There is nothing to add to what Jesus has told us.

Hebrews 1: (caps from the translation)

1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 [a]in these last days has spoken to us [b]in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [c]world. 3 [d]And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and [e]upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

5 For to which of the angels did He ever say,

“YOU ARE MY SON,
TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU”?
And again,
“I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM
AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME”?
6 And [f]when He again brings the firstborn into [g]the world, He says,
“AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM.”
7 And of the angels He says,
“WHO MAKES HIS ANGELS WINDS,
AND HIS MINISTERS A FLAME OF FIRE.”
8 But of the Son He says,
“YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER,
AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF [h]HIS KINGDOM.
9 “YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED LAWLESSNESS;

THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS ANOINTED YOU
WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS.”
10 And,
“YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH,
AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS;
11 THEY WILL PERISH, BUT YOU REMAIN;
AND THEY ALL WILL BECOME OLD LIKE A GARMENT,
12 AND LIKE A MANTLE YOU WILL ROLL THEM UP;
LIKE A GARMENT THEY WILL ALSO BE CHANGED.
BUT YOU ARE THE SAME,
AND YOUR YEARS WILL NOT COME TO AN END.”
13 But to which of the angels has He ever said,
“SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,
UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES
A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET”? 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?"

God bless and peace.
Stop clinging to Me means as the Scripture says that we are to know no one according to the flesh but by what manner of spirit they are. That women needed to know Christ in His Glorified state, not according to how He appeared physically.

The fact that all should bow the knee to worship Christ means that He is God for God does not give such Glory to anyone but Himself whither in the Spirit in Heaven or on the earth as a man. It is written, "You shall have no other God before Me." Therefore the Lord is the Lord.

Some day you may get this fuller understanding but in the mean time as long as you account Jesus as the savior and the only one by whom we can know the Father then you are alright in my book and in the book of the Lamb. God bless and peace multiplied to you!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:50 PM

Garya I appreciate your words, I really do. I wanted to share that Jesus said to the women that He was ascending to His Father and their Father, to His God and their God."

I don't get what is what is so difficult to understand or accept about this...Why add to it? It does not take away from Him to realize that the Father is over Him and that He has a God. This does not diminish His glory or right to be worshipped or to be called God as He represents the invisible God, to be acknowledged as our Lord and Savior. When we see Him, we are seeing the Father He came to reveal to us. God the Father gave Him all authority in heaven and on earth. God, His Father, gave Him the name above every name. He deserves our worship and adoration, our lives , but He Himself tells us that He has a God and I accept this.

God bless and peace

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-11-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity