Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:29 PM

14,875 posts, read 17,143,188 times

Advertisements

Mshipmate,

God the Father, gave Jesus His Son the right to be worshipped

Philippians 2:
Like Christ 1 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any [a]affection and compassion, 2 make my joy complete [b]by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. 3 Do nothing [c]from [d]selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; 4 do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. 5 Have this attitude [e]in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be [f]grasped, 7 but [g]emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death [h]on a cross. 9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

and

"Worship is an act of respect and reverence toward one having authority, power, and a certain status. In the Hebrew Scriptures we find worship being directed not only to God but to men of position and power. The Hebrew word commonly used in the OT for worship is hithpael which means to prostrate one self. It was a way of doing homage to a superior. While this word is primarily seen in association with the worship of God in the OT, it is also seen in association with the worship of Kings and others. We see David prostrating himself before King Saul and the Israelites doing hithpael to both God and King David.

1 Samuel 24:8: Then David went out of the cave and called out to Saul, "My lord the king!" When Saul looked behind him, David bowed down and prostrated (hithpael) himself with his face to the ground...

D. Kroll

Jesus is to be worshipped as our Lord and Savior.
God gave Him this status.

God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-12-2012 at 02:38 PM..

Old 02-12-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
There will always be those who try to climb the fence and masquerade as His sheep...but no one can fool God...or those who are His.
Amen.
God bless and peace.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:45 PM

698 posts, read 647,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
You are confusing Christ's humanity with His deity. You want your cake and eat it, too. Christ could not have been the Saviour of the world without being God in the flesh.

There is only ONE Saviour, not two.

You have it backwards I'm afraid. Only Christ can reveal the Father to us:

Lu 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

The OT makes it clear the Father and the Son of God are the same being:

Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Ro 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Talking about having your cake and eating it. You say Jesus was 100% 'God' and 100% man all at the same time!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Talking about having your cake and eating it. You say Jesus was 100% 'God' and 100% man all at the same time!
Amen!

God bless and peace.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:51 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times
It really boils down to who you are going to follow.

Either follow God (the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) and all His Truths, and follow Him to where He went when He left this earth (to eternal life with Him).

Or

Follow Satan and his half-truths and full-blown lies, and end up where he will end up on the Last Day (Hell).

There is a hell. It may not be "eternal torment", but it will certainly be eternal separation from God.

Some people think we are living in hell right now, even with God's presence here on earth while Satan is roaming...I can't imagine how hell will be with Satan and without the presence of God.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:52 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post

Truly truly, Jesus was fully man and fully God.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:57 PM

I believe what Jesus said and He has said that He has a God.

The Father has no God.

It's not hard to get but God opens eyes and hearts as He wills.

I follow Jesus who is the Son of God and who came to reveal the One and Only True God to us.
There is nothing in the scriptures that says that people have to believe in a Trinity to have a relationship with God, to be saved, to be a Christian, to follow Jesus, as much as the Trinitarians would like to have it.

God is our Savior, not the Trinitarians

God bless.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:18 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
1-2.)

I also read an article a while ago, but I don’t remember where, that John 10:33 can also be render as “… claim to be a God".

Jews were offended because they believed that Jesus, “being a man, made himself a god. In my opinion this is more of a natural reading of John 10:33.
You have every right to posses that opinion.. but it's not correct.
Whoever rendered that does not speak for the truth.

You're not going to be saved by Jesus "a god" ... one is going to be saved by Jesus "who is God".

Old 02-12-2012, 03:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
It really boils down to who you are going to follow.

Either follow God (the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) and all His Truths, and follow Him to where He went when He left this earth (to eternal life with Him).

Or

Follow Satan and his half-truths and full-blown lies, and end up where he will end up on the Last Day (Hell).

There is a hell. It may not be "eternal torment", but it will certainly be eternal separation from God.

Some people think we are living in hell right now, even with God's presence here on earth while Satan is roaming...I can't imagine how hell will be with Satan and without the presence of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Truly truly, Jesus was fully man and fully God.
No more can be said than what has been .... those who harden themselves to the truth, the Truth will make it impossible for them to believe.

Those who refuse to listen stand condemned already...just as those who believe have eternal life now.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:38 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Please Twin.spin, that graphic is not in the scriptures

The Father is Supreme and does His work through the Son. They are not equal because Jesus calls the Father, His God.

The Father has no God.

It's very clear.

God bless and peace.
Only in the flesh as a man does He call God My God and Father but in His Spirit He is the Father. The flesh is merely the a limited external manifestation of God but the internal is God. The flesh has to bow to the Spirit [self control] and Jesus did it fully because He had the Spirit without measure to do that. Like the man said you are confusing His humanity with His Deity. Only in His humanity/flesh is He distinct in person hood and less than the Father and even less than the Angels in that regard and in need of relating to God as My God and My Father but in His Spirit He is God relating to Himself as God. A great mystery indeed but not so strange because we as humans speak to ourselves all the time. The communication within Himself was perfect and when He expressed Himself outwardly it was as a Son to us because the totality of who God is is greater then His earthen form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity