Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:56 PM

337 posts, read 408,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm confused. How could it be "not necessarily"? If she knows it's wrong but doesn't know Christ, how would she have known it's wrong?

And I guess that if she knows it's wrong and doesn't know Christ, she's still going to Hell, but if she knows it's wrong and also knows Christ, it's okay that she keeps sinning? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that's kind of what it sounds like you're saying.
She could know it is wrong from her religion that isn't Christianity, or from her conscousness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM

661 posts, read 621,771 times
Well, i don't know. Does anyone go to hell for their sin, or is it hardness of heart and impenitence that stores up God's wrath?

Old 02-07-2012, 03:06 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
She could know it is wrong from her religion that isn't Christianity, or from her conscousness.
Thanks. So, could you answer my other question? To save you from having to go back and find it, here it is:

I guess that if she knows it's wrong and doesn't know Christ, she's still going to Hell, but if she knows it's wrong and also knows Christ, it's okay that she keeps sinning? Is that what you're saying? Or is she going to Hell regardless (assuming she doesn't repent, I mean)?

Old 02-07-2012, 03:21 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
C'mon people - judge not that you be not judged.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph1980 View Post
Well, i don't know. Does anyone go to hell for their sin, or is it hardness of heart and impenitence that stores up God's wrath?
hardness of heart and impenitence is a sin which is not forgiven... that is what Jesus revealed in Mark 3:29... "blasphemes against the Holy Spirit (Ghost)"

Mark 3:29 NIV84
"But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.â€

Mark 3:29 ESV
but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sinâ€

Mark 3:29 KJV
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation

Old 02-07-2012, 09:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
when someone who is pretty says they love you, if they have been around, they do not have the power to give you what u see in front of you, bek they already have given themselves to many. each person took a piece of them. what u r guna get is not what u see in front of you, she cant give what she has already given away and is no longer her's. best guess is she can give you about 2% of what u see.
i would rather have 100% or 50
% or even 30% of much less.
rather than 2% of something incredible.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:51 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,624 times
I tend to veer more toward a more Messianic Jewish-like interpretation of Jesus' words on Divorce. In first century (and before), there was a difference between "putting away" your wife and a full divorce which involved handing them a bill of divorcement. Without a bill of divorcement, a women would be committing adultery with any other man. Here are some examples of this type of understanding:

Divorce and Remarriage is Not Adultery

Divorce

I'm not 100% convinced of these positions (heh, when am I 100% convinced on anything but Jesus! lol) but so far I think it makes more logical sense and is arguably more biblical.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:12 AM

376 posts, read 419,422 times
Deuteronomy 24:1-4. 1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes , because he hath found some uncleanness in her, then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. 2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife. 3 And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife; 4 Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before [Yahweh]; and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which [Yahweh] your [Mighty One] giveth thee for an inheritance. Divorce is not a sin (1-2). Remarrige of the same partner is (3-4).

Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Some people think that because Amy Grant has committed Adultery, by divorcing her husband and remarrying - that she is on her way to hell as an adulterer. I do not agree. I think if you are a Christian, then Adultery is not the unforgiveable sin and that we are indeed all sinners in need of Gods forgiveness daily. What do you think?
I think you need to leave the judgment to God.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Deuteronomy 24:1-4. 1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes , because he hath found some uncleanness in her, then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. 2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife. 3 And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife; 4 Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before [Yahweh]; and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which [Yahweh] your [Mighty One] giveth thee for an inheritance. Divorce is not a sin (1-2). Remarriage of the same partner is (3-4).
1 Corinthians 13:1-13

When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child.
When I became a man, I did away with childish things.

But we must be able to distinguish the differences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity