Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 04:55 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times

Advertisements

The assassins who took their Jet fighters and supported the rebellion in Lybia , and completely over took the nations leader and then come home flag waving , and says if any one does not support our action `needs their head examined` should honestly ask ` What would Jesus Do``..... See I know Lord Jesus and believe abortions , and war is under a curse of dark spirits of this world as they are both hopeless , and will reject Lord Jesus and His power and authority...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 09:16 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Sorry heartsong but 'a clump of cells' gives the impression of a micro-scopic zygote. Now in those cases I'm not throwing my hands up. But the aborted fetuses I saw definitely looked like miniature humans to me, with arms, legs, a heart, eyes.etc. I don't know but it's emotionally disturbing.
I don't believe abortion should be an option after the first trimester. I was always aware that I was pregnant very early in my pregnancies as soon as I missed a period. I'm not sure what the legal cut off date is for abortion, but I'm pretty sure there is a cut-off which has generally been 12 weeks gestation. I'm not going to argue about this issue any further. I just wanted to let others know my opinion on it and that I do not feel condemned by God for what I believe about the issue. If people are against abortion, then they simply should not have the procedure. But since the 1960's it has been legally "the law of the land". Those who refuse to abide by that decision are not respecting our form of government of representative democracy. That there have been doctors who have performed abortions gunned down in church is proof that certain "Christians" really want a dictatorship in this nation. Many in the "pro-life" movement say that they want doctors who perform this LEGAL procedure to be put to death. How can someone claim to be "pro-life" and at the same time desiring that people be given the death penalty for performing a legal medical procedure? This demonstrates how extremely irrational certain religious people truly are.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:26 AM

322 posts, read 317,004 times
it seems that people jsut want to prove to others that we dont have to follow your rules.. so if someone says u are not allowed to have an abortion, we say "u are not the boss of me" and prove that by doing it over and over again...
but the fact of the matter is.. its not a nice thing , is it? am i crazzy for thinking that something is actually wrong with it? i mean i belong to no releigion i dont call mys self an atheiest or whatever other terms are used.. i am jsut a human being with common sense and i think if we put aside all the differences and humbled ourseleves for a min we might be able to see a little clearer and use our own common sense .

this hurts me to see the amount of people who think that this should be a common choice for anyone who may think.."oh i dont think i want to have this baby right now, i think i want to enjoy my life a littl more befoer i have that responsibliity" - this thougth process should come before the act of sex. not after when the life is already formed. - we all started as a fetus. this is how people are made. we were all once there.

This is jsut my OPINION and i know that it may be offensive to others but i still chose to share my views as it is very close to my heart and it hurts me to see this..
the least we can do is put more thought into this and be more aware of what we are really doing.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
That's fine. It does mean something to me.

I also have to wonder why so many people who are "pro-life", who encourage people to have their babies at all costs, are also anti-welfare.
That's just one of those contradictory logic things that I have to question.
I know I'm not anti-welfare. My mom is on welfare and it has helped my family a lot. Since most of us work, we support each other and help my mom so we are slowly trying to get off from welfare. Welfare is a very helpful tool if you don't take advantage of it, but sadly many people do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I don't believe abortion should be an option after the first trimester. I was always aware that I was pregnant very early in my pregnancies as soon as I missed a period. I'm not sure what the legal cut off date is for abortion, but I'm pretty sure there is a cut-off which has generally been 12 weeks gestation. I'm not going to argue about this issue any further. I just wanted to let others know my opinion on it and that I do not feel condemned by God for what I believe about the issue. If people are against abortion, then they simply should not have the procedure. But since the 1960's it has been legally "the law of the land". Those who refuse to abide by that decision are not respecting our form of government of representative democracy. That there have been doctors who have performed abortions gunned down in church is proof that certain "Christians" really want a dictatorship in this nation. Many in the "pro-life" movement say that they want doctors who perform this LEGAL procedure to be put to death. How can someone claim to be "pro-life" and at the same time desiring that people be given the death penalty for performing a legal medical procedure? This demonstrates how extremely irrational certain religious people truly are.
I just want to say thank you for sharing.

I just have a question referring to what I bolded. In Acts 4, we read that Peter and John went before the Council because they kept preaching the Good news of Jesus Christ. The council arrested them, but they cannot do anything else because they cannot deny what they saw (a notable sign). The council told them to no further speak and spread the name of Jesus Christ. If we look further in Chapter 5, the council continues to strictly told them not to preach, "but Peter and the apostles answered, 'We must obey God rather than men." In this situation, Abortion has been legally "law of the land", and if I refuse to abide by that decision, am I to be kept quiet? According to Peter and John, I should obey God rather than men (pro. 24:11-12).

Btw, I've never been to any pro-life movement and I do not believe that we should put anyone to death. I believe in the Power of Jesus Christ who forgive all sins because what he has done on the Cross. And yes, I do agree with you that some religious people can be extremely irrational. As much as I am against abortion and call myself a pro-life, my goal is to be a witness and talk about Jesus as much as I can.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:30 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post

I just want to say thank you for sharing.

I just have a question referring to what I bolded. In Acts 4, we read that Peter and John went before the Council because they kept preaching the Good news of Jesus Christ. The council arrested them, but they cannot do anything else because they cannot deny what they saw (a notable sign). The council told them to no further speak and spread the name of Jesus Christ. If we look further in Chapter 5, the council continues to strictly told them not to preach, "but Peter and the apostles answered, 'We must obey God rather than men." In this situation, Abortion has been legally "law of the land", and if I refuse to abide by that decision, am I to be kept quiet? According to Peter and John, I should obey God rather than men (pro. 24:11-12).

Btw, I've never been to any pro-life movement and I do not believe that we should put anyone to death. I believe in the Power of Jesus Christ who forgive all sins because what he has done on the Cross. And yes, I do agree with you that some religious people can be extremely irrational. As much as I am against abortion and call myself a pro-life, my goal is to be a witness and talk about Jesus as much as I can.
To put it as simply and as quick as I know how. Some people believe it is a sin to drink. To those I say: DON'T DRINK. But it is not against the law of the land for people to drink.

Live by your own conscience and leave other people to live by theirs. We have a government and a system of enacting law in America. People should abide by the law. If you want to be active in the political way to make abortion illegal, that is your right. However, as it is now, abortion is a legal procedure (for good reason IMO) and I think it is distasteful to encourage others to hate and kill those who choose that option. Not saying you are doing that, but there are plenty on the far right who have done that because they do not want to protest within the system we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity