U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 AM

531 posts, read 201,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
We disproved that angle a few threads back
The Bible DID NOT Exist when that was written
Also "Scripture" as referred to means "sacred texts" ie Torah etc not the bible It did not exist. until humans assembled it
and i answered the "disproving" in post 138.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 AM

16,311 posts, read 14,185,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When I encountered the irrefutable proof (to me) of God's existence in deep meditation.
And since, as you admit, it was "all in your mind" how do you know it is nothing more than pure delusion, self inflicted?

Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM

5,127 posts, read 1,790,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And since, as you admit, it was "all in your mind" how do you know it is nothing more than pure delusion, self inflicted?
God exists because there is no other answer to creation. It is that simple and that is why my church believes in cosmology principles.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:48 PM

22,870 posts, read 10,791,207 times
Quote:
When I encountered the irrefutable proof (to me) of God's existence in deep meditation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
When will you cease this silly "all in your mind" nonsense. EVERYTHING is "all in our minds" . . . get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
God exists because there is no other answer to creation. It is that simple and that is why my church believes in cosmology principles.
It requires that atheists ignore the whole "elephant in the room" issue under the blanket "We don't know what it is" "God of the Gaps" facade . . . AS IF that is a scientific explanation for what WE DO KNOW EXISTS (No Gaps involved).

Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
When will you cease this silly "all in your mind" nonsense. EVERYTHING is "all in our minds" . . . get real.
mystic, I have something in my hand right now... what is it?

if i close my eyes and my wife takes it out of my hand and places something else there, do i know what it is?

not everything is in our minds.

this is a tree falls in the forest kind of thing.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:10 PM

22,870 posts, read 10,791,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtkirk View Post
mystic, I have something in my hand right now... what is it?

if i close my eyes and my wife takes it out of my hand and places something else there, do i know what it is?

not everything is in our minds.

this is a tree falls in the forest kind of thing.
We have no independent knowledge of anything in reality . . . it is all created within our consciousness from sensory information in the brain. Closing one of the sensory channels just reduces the information to draw from.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 PM

5,127 posts, read 1,790,202 times
Quote:
We have no independent knowledge of anything in reality . . . it is all created within our consciousness from sensory information in the brain. Closing one of the sensory channels just reduces the information to draw from.
That is a brilliant observation.

Any theory man creates must be proven by observation. And we need the senses for observation. And our senses are intimately associated with our consciousness.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:

now based on that, where does my knowledge of God come from?

and if it is applicable, where does my belief in God come from through association of my knowledge of Him?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM

18,950 posts, read 9,042,340 times
Quote:
now based on that, where does my knowledge of God come from?

and if it is applicable, where does my belief in God come from through association of my knowledge of Him?
Christ in you, he reveals the Father, always as and always will.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 PM

18,950 posts, read 9,042,340 times
Quote:

An awarenesss of who you really are while on your knees stooped so low that you considered eating pig food.

He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. “When he came to his senses".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity