Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Jews and Muslims that are good people are saved as much as Christians.
Very unfortunately, no. Nor Hindus nor Bhuddists nor any other religion. Salvation is only through Jesus. There is no other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 06:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

We are saved by His Life(all that God IS)

Old 02-16-2012, 06:21 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Very unfortunately, no. Nor Hindus nor Bhuddists nor any other religion. Salvation is only through Jesus. There is no other way.

Those guys are also saved if they lived a good life.

See below:

Quote:
Chapter One

There are two ways: one of life and one of death; and the difference between the two ways is great.

The way of life is this: first, you should love God, who made you; secondly, love your neighbor as yourself; and whatever things you do not desire to be done to you, do not do them to someone else.

Now the words of this teaching are this: Bless those who curse you and pray for your enemies, and fast for those who are persecuting you. For what credit is it if you love those who love you? Do not the Gentiles do the same thing? But love those hating you, and you will not have an enemy.

Keep yourself from fleshly and bodily cravings. If anyone hits you on the right cheek, turn the other one to him also. And you will be acting maturely. If someone should force you to go one mile, go with him two. If someone takes your coat, give him your shirt also. If anyone should take from you what is yours, do not demand that he give it back, for you cannot.

Give to everyone asking you and do not refuse, for the Father desires to give to everyone from His own gifts. Blessed is the one who gives according to the commandment, for he is innocent. But the one who receives without need shall account for his receiving. Furthermore, being held, he shall be examined concerning what he has done, and he shall not be released until he has given back the last cent.

It has been said concerning this, "Let your money sweat in your hands until you know whom you should give it to."

Note how God in the above passage could by any God other than Jesus.

I tell you that anyone that lives as above is saved even if not Christian.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Amen.... Bideshi

Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.†(John 3:5-8)

John 3:16-21
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.â€

Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 AM

531 posts, read 479,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I say NO.

The Catholic Church in Vatican II states that all that lived a good honorable life in a Christ like manner are saved even if they never knew Christ.

Simply be good to others 24/7.

And therefore you are good to God.

Rather simple.
Do you believe the bible?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
So whatever the Vatican II says over-rides what God plainly tells us in the Bible...

I'll stick with God and what He says, thanks.

I believe Jesus when he says "There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day." (John 12:48)

Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
Salvation is for everyone, but only those that are saved are Christians.
Please allow me to point this out to you as a person who doesn't happen to be a Christian: that is just about as condescending as it's possible to get. The only thing you didn't do was use that other wonderful phrase, 'non-believer.'

If being 'saved' means that I have to conform to your belief system, then there's no need to be 'saved.'

Old 02-16-2012, 07:39 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Please allow me to point this out to you as a person who doesn't happen to be a Christian: that is just about as condescending as it's possible to get. The only thing you didn't do was use that other wonderful phrase, 'non-believer.'

If being 'saved' means that I have to conform to your belief system, then there's no need to be 'saved.'
Then you regretably will be one of the many lost.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:47 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
Pretty simple really if you know how to READ correctly. It's all there.

John 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me possesses everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Isa 49:26 “And I shall feed those who oppress you with their own flesh, and let them drink their own blood as sweet wine. All flesh shall know that I, יהוה, am your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Elohim of Ya῾aqoḇ.”

Prov 28:9 He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination.

Heb 10:28 Anyone who has disregarded the Torah of Moshe dies without compassion on the witness of two or three witnesses.

You can twist it, you can quote scripture till the cows come home but THESE words stand. ALL praise honor and glory go to the FATHER YHVH. Even Messiah taught this but religion has gotten in the way. Like it or not if you are following the words of YHVH.....HIS Torah, the Teaching and Instruction for righteousness you are HIS and HE will take care of you when that time comes. THIS is what was taught by Messiah Yahushua, NOT the new testament....it didn't even exist. Why religion seems to manufacture facts that say otherwise is both humerus and tragic. The facts speak for themselves. Messiah and HIS Talmadim (apostles) taught Torah. To say otherwise is both a delusion and a bold faced LIE!!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: red font is reserved for moderation..Thanks

Old 02-16-2012, 07:51 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Pretty simple really if you know how to READ correctly. It's all there.

John 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me possesses everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Isa 49:26 “And I shall feed those who oppress you with their own flesh, and let them drink their own blood as sweet wine. All flesh shall know that I, יהוה, am your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Elohim of Ya῾aqoḇ.”

You can twist it, you can quote scripture till the cows come home but THESE words stand. ALL praise honor and glory go to the FATHER YHVH. Even Messiah taught this but religion has gotten in the way. Like it or not if you are following the words of YHVH.....HIS Torah, the Teaching and Instruction for righteousness you are HIS and HE will take care of you when that time comes. THIS is what was taught by Messiah Yahushua, NOT the new testament....it didn't even exist. Why religion seems to manufacture facts that say otherwise is both humerus and tragic. The facts speak for themselves. Messiah and HIS Talmadim (apostles) taught Torah. To say otherwise is both a delusion and a bold faced LIE!!!
And yet you quote from the New Testament book of John?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-16-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity