U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 10:06 AM

9,482 posts, read 5,024,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You folks fail to realize that this talk was designed for Pagans and to convert Jews. However, in the end it is only charismatic emotional preaching and must be taken as such. Furthermore, these are not the words of Jesus. Furthermore, Jesus did not write anything. You guys are reading the words of folks that are looking for converts. Therefore the words fit the description.

Jews are clearly saved if they behave in a Godly manner. God cannot be petty or discriminant. You folks are really diminishing God by assuming he requires special form of worship.

As I said before: Do children that die young go to heaven? Most of these kids are not old enough to know Jesus.
What you folks fail to realize is that your talk is from another gospel that is meant to undermine the truth. Such a gospel is from one who masquarades as the truth but is in fact Satan or one of his puppets i.e. the many anti-christ's or the Anti-Christ.

As a one scholar (formerly a Catholic priest) is quoted in saying about questions like your last one, He said in effect:

Those who question what God does or doesn't do in areas that are not specifically answered from scripture is doing Satanical peering into the judgment seat of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 10:10 AM

16,448 posts, read 10,569,381 times
Quote:
I suspect that Christians that go to Jesus for the only purpose of Salvation may actually not get saved. This in itself is a very selfish act that tells the word "you better worship Jesus just as he demands in the Bible or you will not get saved.
If Jesus's promises are true (and I believe they are!) and we do what He says to do in order to be saved, then we are saved. We don't have to deserve it (and we can't anyway, we deserve only death) we only have to accept the offer of salvation. He did it all for us.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 AM

531 posts, read 206,593 times
Default okay...

Since the question, "Do you believe the bible?" is a question that I, for whatever reason, do not appear to be getting an answer to... I'll just go on with what I was GOING to say...

This is an extension of what twin.spin said...

Acts 4:12
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

also----

Matt 1:21 She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

question for you, Julian, How do people who are 'just good people' get their sins forgiven?

next----

Acts 10:43 Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.”

see the above question.

and now---

I Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

So, Julian, please explain to me how this compares to "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra"

I know people want to think that allegory makes things mean certain things because, "God just wouldn't be that cruel!!!!" But on the day of judgement, I'm afraid there's gonna be a lot of this going on.

The bible is not difficult to interpret. in fact, its pretty straight forward. When you read something that you don't like, you can't just go to the allegory well and make everything the way you want it.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 AM

5,333 posts, read 1,926,282 times
Salvation only for Christians is highly insulting and God cannot behave in such manner.

As I said the Catholic Church recognizes salvation for all creeds in Vatican II.

Now the reformation folks have gone back to less enlightened times and claim that only they (the born again) get saved. Please, use your reasoning when reading the Bible. Do not forget that the Bible is written with the mission of conversion by fear. This is not the fault of God, but the fault of the humans that wrote the text of the bible.

God is not Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or whatever. God is God for all and he does not discriminate those that lived the good life who belong to other creeds. I beg you to simply use logic and common sense.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM

20,026 posts, read 20,804,898 times
Quote:
Salvation only for Christians is highly insulting and God cannot behave in such manner.

As I said the Catholic Church recognizes salvation for all creeds in Vatican II.

Now the reformation folks have gone back to less enlightened times and claim that only they (the born again) get saved. Please, use your reasoning when reading the Bible. Do not forget that the Bible is written with the mission of conversion by fear. This is not the fault of God, but the fault of the humans that wrote the text of the bible.

God is not Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or whatever. God is God for all and he does not discriminate those that lived the good life who belong to other creeds. I beg you to simply use logic and common sense.
Salvation is for everyone, but Jesus is the ONLY way.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:44 AM

23,008 posts, read 11,099,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Jesus said in John 14:6 He is the ONLY way to the Father
John 14:6 King James Version (KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way (hodos), the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by(dia) me.

hodos = 1) properly a way, a travelled way, road

dia = 1) Through

This is the meaning . . . Jesus is the only connection to God within human consciousness . . . the only actual way (hodos) for our consciousness to connect with God's through (dia) His Holy Spirit. All this misunderstanding about belief systems and the "precepts and doctrines of men" that are promoted as the Way by religious leaders is nonsense. "Believe ON" has nothing to do with intellectually "Believing IN" ANY particular set of "precepts and doctrines of men." It means believing and responding to Christ's Holy Spirit within our consciousness in "love of God and each other" as it guides us to what God has "written in our hearts." That is the WAY to God through Jesus.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:48 AM

23,008 posts, read 11,099,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Jesus said in John 14:6 He is the ONLY way to the Father
John 14:6 King James Version (KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way (hodos), the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by(dia) me.

hodos = 1) properly a way, a travelled way, road

dia = 1) Through

This is the meaning . . . Jesus is the only connection to God within human consciousness . . . the only actual way (hodos) for our consciousness to connect with God's through (dia) His Holy Spirit. All this bickering and misunderstanding about belief systems and the "precepts and doctrines of men" that are promoted as the Way by religious leaders is nonsense. "Believe ON" has nothing to do with intellectually "Believing IN" ANY particular set of "precepts and doctrines of men." It means believing and responding to Christ's Holy Spirit within our consciousness in "love of God and each other" as it guides us to what God has "written in our hearts." That is the WAY to God through Jesus. Christ lives and abides with us . . . believe it and have faith in His presence in our lives.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:57 AM

1,263 posts, read 512,146 times
[quote=Julian658;23010014]Moderator cut: orphaned quote]

What is truly preposterous is how watered down the saving gospel of Jesus Christ has become. And it will only get worse people...

God, in His Holy Word, said to expect it, to be on guard for false doctrines, and to stay true to the saving knowledge...

17Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3)

Last edited by june 7th; 02-17-2012 at 10:26 AM..

Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 PM

661 posts, read 243,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
What is truly preposterous is how watered down the saving gospel of Jesus Christ has become. And it will only get worse people...

God, in His Holy Word, said to expect it, to be on guard for false doctrines, and to stay true to the saving knowledge...

17Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3)
Amen!!!

Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 PM

10,578 posts, read 4,930,193 times
The only thing we hope for at the end of our lives is that God has mercy..That is salvation - It makes good sense to me that God saves all that he created - the good the bad and the ugly..It became simple to me as I perused through a very old dictionary and came upon the old English spelling of the word good...it was originally spelled GOD.....we in our core all know what is good - and in that case we all know GOD...religion aside...good is good...and good is good enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity