U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-06-2007, 10:29 AM

3,927 posts, read 5,744,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Those ain't from a goose, and I've got em too.

I'm telling you guys....this 'thing' we're having here is divine.

He's using each of us to help all of us.

Don't know how long we'll be in this season, but I'm thankful.

He's using you to make me more like Him.

What an awesome God we serve!

and I say A M E N ! what an awesome God I serve.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 10:29 AM

3,086 posts, read 4,067,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Oh, arguy! I think we could all say that probably!
.......Agreed!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
.......Agreed!
ditto as well. and what a Bible study we could get from this...

Old 09-06-2007, 10:33 AM

3,490 posts, read 367,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
sometimes I feel like instead of God saying to me, "well done thou good and faithful servant" hes more apt to say to me, "you knucklehead, where did you have your head at for the last upteen years?"
Oh geez, even a year ago I was a completely different person. Still a knucklehead though. Just trying each day to be light and salt. Don't always succeed.

I know that lately I've become the "Quote King" but this is really powerful, IMO...

Few things are more infectious than a godly lifestyle. The people you rub shoulders with everyday need that kind of challenge. Not prudish. Not preachy. Just cracker jack clean living. Just honest to goodness, bone - deep, non-hypocritical integrity. --Charles ( Chuck ) R. Swindoll

Old 09-06-2007, 10:35 AM

7,768 posts, read 9,707,204 times
Quote:
.......Agreed!
What he said....

Old 09-06-2007, 10:35 AM

3,086 posts, read 4,067,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
sometimes I feel like instead of God saying to me, "well done thou good and faithful servant" hes more apt to say to me, "you knucklehead, where did you have your head at for the last upteen years?"
.. actually, this is probably a good feeling to have! Not that we constantly feel down about our Christian life, but if we ever feel no need for sanctification, IMO alarm bells should start ringing!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 AM

3,490 posts, read 367,834 times
Quote:
Those ain't from a goose, and I've got em too.

I'm telling you guys....this 'thing' we're having here is divine.

He's using each of us to help all of us.

Don't know how long we'll be in this season, but I'm thankful.

He's using you to make me more like Him.

What an awesome God we serve!
I hope that everyone believe my sincerity when I say this, but on a daily basis I feel encouraged and challenged in this forum by my brothers and sisters in Christ. Truly! I have learned so much, and part of that has been that the knowledge of God is very far from the love of Him. I am for the first time in years reading and praying daily...I thank God for my CD friends.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 AM

7,768 posts, read 9,707,204 times
Quote:
.. actually, this is probably a good feeling to have! Not that we constantly feel down about our Christian life, but if we ever feel no need for sanctification, IMO alarm bells should start ringing!
It really is a balance, isn't it? Be sure but not TOO sure. Live free but not TOO free. No worries about those bells ringing for me, cg81, I feel the need for a LOT of sanctification.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:47 AM

8,640 posts, read 14,780,597 times
Quote:
It really is a balance, isn't it? Be sure but not TOO sure. Live free but not TOO free. No worries about those bells ringing for me, cg81, I feel the need for a LOT of sanctification.
It is a balance! Like Alpha said in the OP. We do strive for excellence but we don't get into legalism and condemnation. Do ya'll remember my thread Tuesday "Does your own sin ever depress you?" I think I was not in legalism (I had sinned!) but definitely in some condemnation. Yet...there really is a place for godly sorrow for our sin. Like Alpha said, all of the sucessful Christian walk is a balance.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 AM

Well, I can rep you guys anymore...sigh...but you all deserve it...What a wonderful thread this is this morning.....All I can say is it is just so very ....

GODFILLED.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity