Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 02:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I believe that's exactly how one's faith is built. I think that when we are loving others, that is the evidence we seek of the Spirit of Christ rising/living in us.
Bible study is fine, good, great ... but, in and of itself, it will not produce life.
Precisely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 02:05 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
I believe that's exactly how one's faith is built. I think that when we are loving others, that is the evidence we seek of the Spirit of Christ rising/living in us. Bible study is fine, good, great ... but, in and of itself, it will not produce life. I really think that is all many people that you take issue with in this thread are saying, katie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Precisely!
Amen!!! 1 Corinthians 13!!! Without love everything is as a sounding brass.!!!

Old 03-02-2012, 03:43 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,270,754 times
Quote:
I believe that's exactly how one's faith is built. I think that when we are loving others, that is the evidence we seek of the Spirit of Christ rising/living in us. Bible study is fine, good, great ... but, in and of itself, it will not produce life. I really think that is all many people that you take issue with in this thread are saying, katie.
Faith comes by hearing the word of God. Romans 10:17. Faith in God will lead a person to love.

Bible study is more than fine, good and great. It is absolutely necessary. We are commanded to study to show thyself approved.

The scriptures will lead us to Christ, and in Christ there is life.

No one would know about Jesus, His miracles or His teaching unless they get their knowledge from the Bible.

Blessings,

Katie

Old 03-02-2012, 04:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen!!! 1 Corinthians 13!!! Without love everything is as a sounding brass.!!!
And the man who discovers that Love is the greatest, discovers too that the law of God is not some seemingly threat of "Thus saith the Lord", but "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Old 03-02-2012, 07:36 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Faith comes by hearing the word of God. Romans 10:17. Faith in God will lead a person to love.

Bible study is more than fine, good and great. It is absolutely necessary. We are commanded to study to show thyself approved.

The scriptures will lead us to Christ, and in Christ there is life.

No one would know about Jesus, His miracles or His teaching unless they get their knowledge from the Bible.

Blessings,

Katie
The Bible is like a well that never runs dry, it offers a fresh taste of living water each time we open it.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Then, there would be no personal relationship.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The Bible is like a well that never runs dry, it offers a fresh taste of living water each time we open it.
Have you read all of the Bible?
Because much of it, does not resemble that of living water.
Especially, where the streams of blood never ran dry.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Quote:
This is the key difference between Bibleans and Christians, Jerwade. Bibleans have a personal relationship with their word of God the Bible. Christians have a personal relationship with the Living Word of God Jesus Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Quote:
Have you read all of the Bible?
Because much of it, does not resemble that of living water.
Especially, where the streams of blood never ran dry.
There is no way they have read the barbarity and savagery in the Bible and received "living water" from it, Jerwade. It is a classic case of selective reading, selective perception and cognitive dissonance.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Sweet is my meditation on Him

Old 03-03-2012, 04:50 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,270,754 times
Quote:
Jerwade, I don't know where you get that idea. I have a very strong personal relationship with God.

Jesus speaks to me every time I read His word. He communicates His will for me through it.

How could reading about the life of Jesus, Abraham, Noah, Paul, and others keep me from having a personal relationship with God?

God Bless,

Katie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity