U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-12-2012, 05:26 PM

2,637 posts, read 926,450 times
Quote:
pneuma;23374978]
Huh? I thought you believed everything in the bible was Gods word, now you are saying you don't live by His word in the OT. Sorry but I do not see how you can have it both ways.

The Bible in its entirety (all 66 books) is the inspired/inflallible word of God. The Old Law was nailed to the cross. So no, I do not live by the Old Law. I live under the Law of Liberty.

"In Him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of flesh in the circumcision of Christ; and you were buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, having canceled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this He set aside, nailing it to the cross."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 05:31 PM

2,637 posts, read 926,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
There is not one thing you can bring up which theologians have not already addressed. That includes what Jesus meant by not swearing. Research it!!!

You have been told over and over again what the reference to 'the lying pen of the scribes' means, but you continue to reject it and spew forth your venom directed at the Old Testament. Your's is an attack on the word of God.

And this is another reason why people should study the Bible. So that they can recognize the attacks on it made by people such as yourself.

This thread is about why people should study the Bible, and you are busy trying to discredit the Bible. Satan uses those such as you to further his purposes.

I would advise people to simply ignore you. As I will now do.
15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,000,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path".

To walk safely in the woods at night we need a light so we don't trip and fall, in this life we walk through a dark forest of evil, but the Bible can be our light to show us the way so we don't stumble. God reveals His wisdom to us through His Word, allowing His teaching to guide us.
ILNC...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Surely you don't think the bible is God?

Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,347,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post

The Bible in its entirety (all 66 books) is the inspired/inflallible word of God. The Old Law was nailed to the cross. So no, I do not live by the Old Law. I live under the Law of Liberty.

"In Him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of flesh in the circumcision of Christ; and you were buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, having canceled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this He set aside, nailing it to the cross."

So Jesus is wrong again and you guys are correct.

It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

So if an eye for an eye is the word of God as you proclaim then you bet your little booties you have to live by it or you are not living at all.

Myself I do not have to live by it as I know from whence it comes.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 PM

42 posts, read 18,327 times
To know who we are in him, what we have in him, what he did for us. To better represent him here on earth, and to live according to his word. FOR HE IS THE LIVE, THE TRUTH, THE WAY.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Ya ya the scribes and Pharisees also blamed Jesus of being of satan. So I guess I go around with the best people.

It always amazes me that people are so quick to say others are children of the devil, it truly shows a lack of discernment on their part.

I know whom I belong to and whom I serve.

1Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! 2It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Careful sis at whom you throw stones at.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
ILNC...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 PM

21,850 posts, read 9,719,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
No it sounds the same. no life in the scriptures, the scriptures only lead to Christ and it is only in Christ that life is found.
Tis as I have been saying all along, the scriptures are a treasure map that lead to Christ. The LIFE is NOT in the scriptures they are IN CHRIST.
Have you read the whole thread J?
Because if you have you would have seen me repeat this over and over.
Repeating it is probably only helpful for the lurkers, pneuma. Fundamentalists are instransigent . . . presumably under fear of eternal torment if they allow themselves to "fall prey" to the "wisdom of man" and Satan.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:41 AM

12,232 posts, read 5,827,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path".

To walk safely in the woods at night we need a light so we don't trip and fall, in this life we walk through a dark forest of evil, but the Bible can be our light to show us the way so we don't stumble. God reveals His wisdom to us through His Word, allowing His teaching to guide us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
ILNC...

Do you understand what these verses are saying Sparrow?

Psalm 119:105 'Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

Prov 6:23 'For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life,

Like a parents commandments (Prov 6:20-22), the word of God is a lamp to walk by; it enlightens the eyes and directs your steps. The commands of God are a lamp.

2 Pet 1:19 'And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

The prophecies of the word of God are a light.

ILNC is correct!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM

3,885 posts, read 2,000,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Do you understand what these verses are saying Sparrow?

Do you understand that those who build walls around their heart muffle the voice of God and block out the light? While the weeds quickly grow up around that wall, they steadily choke out the spirit of truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity