Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 PM

661 posts, read 618,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Again with the bogus reject nonsense. We reject nothing . . . we properly divide the scriptures and recognize Christ as the Living Word of God, period. We do not reject any of Christ's words. Those who profess an angry vengeful ET God are the ones rejecting Christ's unambiguous example and teachings in favor of ancient ignorance.
Hi Mystic, I've noticed that 'dividing the word of God' to you involves dividing it into two things: 1) what you say "our immature, ignorant, ancient, primitive ancestors" believed (which you toss out because you don't like it), and 2) what you really like.

It's an interesting hermeneutic, no doubt about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,849,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
EEk gad, the great God Father gave us a living Christ to dwell within us to guide us by the Holy Spirit into ALL truth, NOT a bible that is full of the imperfections of men and been added to by the lying pen of the scribes.

What do we need a book for if Christ is ALIVE within us?
Because if the Christ in me says something different than the christ in you, we need verification that one of us is hearing the "right" Christ.

Also, to get this back on topic, it appears your response to the OP is "there is no need to study the bible".

Your opinion is noted, now can we please discuss the OP?

Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,279,011 times
Quote:
You read too fast, ILNC . . . I said Christ is the Living Word of God. The Bible is God-inspired (NOT dictated) and useful for instruction . . . and for telling us ABOUT Christ The Living Word of God so that we could know Him, identify Him, and validate Him.
No I read it right. You say you haven't rejected Christs Words, yet you don't believe He wrote them? Sounds like you have rejected the Bible.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:15 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,325,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Sorry my friend, but I disagree with you completely. Jesus doesn't speak to you or anyone else personally today. It's a lovely thought, but it doesn't happen.

God speaks to us through His word. If you reject His word, then you reject Him. It's that simple.

I pray for you always. Pray for me as well.

Katie
He still speaks to us today sis, are spirit bears witness with His Spirit that we are the sons of God.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:19 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,429,600 times
Moderator cut: FYI

The topic is "Why we should study the Bible"

Old 02-22-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Pneuma, how do you know the Holy Spirit guides us to all truth? BECAUSE THE BIBLE TELLS YOU SO!

The men of the OT had the word of God directly. We do not. We have God's word recorded for us, written by men who were inspired by God.

You have two choices. Believe it or don't. Just remember, you reject His word, you reject Him. Jesus is the word!

I choose to believe it, every last word of it. It's called faith Pneuma. And the more you read the Bible, the more faith you get.

God Bless,

Katie
No the bible does not tell me that Jesus does, however it is recorded in the bible.

If the men of old had the word of God directly and we do not they had a far greater advantage then after Christ came in understanding God. Yet we know that is not the case.

It is faith sis but it is blind faith.

I would rather have faith that sees.

Yes Jesus is the word the bible is NOT the word.

Is Jesus the bible? How can that be when the bible itself tells us all the things He spoke if written down the world could not hold.

He is very much alive sis, do you not believe Paul heared Him speak? And was this not after His death and resurrection.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
This is false teaching. We are not to rely on the words "written in ink" but on those "written in our heart."

1 Corinthians 2:13-16 (King James Version)

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
1 John 2:27 (King James Version)

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded:(blind minds= ignorance) for until this day remaineth the same vail (ignorance) untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it (Heart) shall turn to the Lord( Christ), the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit (Holy Spirit) and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Amen mystic, very nice post

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes He gave us the Holy Spirit to indwell in us and He have us His Written Word to instruct, comfort, and guide us. Unbelievable how many here rejected the very Words of God.
However that is not what the scriptures actually say thou is it. They say that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth, instruct us in rightousness comfort and guide us, nothing said about the bible doing those things.

So tis not I who reject the WORD of God it is you for you do not believe it is the Holy Spirit that does these things but the bible.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Again with the bogus reject nonsense. We reject nothing . . . we properly divide the scriptures and recognize Christ as the Living Word of God, period. We do not reject any of Christ's words. Those who profess an angry vengeful ET God are the ones rejecting Christ's unambiguous example and teachings in favor of ancient ignorance.
ancient and present ignorance brother. Only Christ can take away that vail.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:29 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,279,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
However that is not what the scriptures actually say thou is it. They say that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth, instruct us in rightousness comfort and guide us, nothing said about the bible doing those things.

So tis not I who reject the WORD of God it is you for you do not believe it is the Holy Spirit that does these things but the bible.
No I believe the Holy Spirit does just what He said He would do. I also believe the Bible is the Word of God, you don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity