U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:17 AM

3,434 posts, read 8,797,303 times

Advertisements

The older I get the more I realize how short life really is, and how small my problems, compared to many others are, things I thought 6 months ago, two years ago, 5 years ago that really stressed me out, and I wondered how I (wed) get through them are not even thoughts anymore.

Have you ever saw a hamster in a wheel...we got one and the thing runs from 9pm to 2am every single night, without fail, she runs and runs and never gets anywhere, just spinning the wheel..like being in a rut. Same thing, day in, day out..spin spin spin, not getting anywhere...
Some days I feel like Im in a rut, spiritually, and mentally..one thing i have learned about ruts..and especialy getting stuck in the mud in one...sometimes you have to back up a little, get out look at the situation your in, and decide to go forward, Paul said..I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
- Philippians 3:12-14
Im sure most folks know this..but10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

...as I(you) read this You will notice in Epesians chapter 6 there is nothing protecting the back, God hasnt designed us to run, or to backdown from a problem..God is with us in the ruts ...everything God has told us to put on is designed to press forward..doesnt the Bible say after you done everything else to stand, to stand? Fight the good fight of faith...dont quit, dont back down...stand..If God be for us..who can be against us?
***I almost forgot, maybe, just maybe God allows the ruts, because we are going WAY to fast, and maybe..just maybe while in the rut, God uses that time to refresh us, let us grow stronger and lean on him more.

Last edited by arguy1973; 09-07-2007 at 08:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 AM

7,780 posts, read 13,247,941 times
Great thoughts, arguy, fantastic

Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 AM

3,086 posts, read 5,563,090 times
As a read this, I thot of an experience I had... it's kinda weird, and kinda funny, but it stayed with me. I had been recently been thru an experience where I had retaken stock of my life, how I was with God. I was asleep, and this is the dream I had... I was trying to read a newspaper, and one of my pesky brothers had one of these rubber balls on the end of an elastic cord, and was throwing it toward the newspaper, getting closer and closer, relentlessly. "Boing, boing, boing", the ball came closer until it was touching the paper, and still it came coming. Splat, splat it was hitting the paper, I was getting irritated and couldn't read. Smack, smack, it was really hitting now and soon it was coming through the paper and heading for my face... At that moment I woke up, and in that state of half-consciousness, suddenly I had a creepy, skin-crawling feeling that an "evil presence" was in the room, and that this dream illustrated the way that Satan's darts were headed toward me. Relentlessly! Nonstop! And I needed the whole armor of God to keep them out.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,257,603 times
I definately needed to hear this. Your insight is wonderful. Thank you for yet another lesson to be learned.

Blessings to all

Old 09-07-2007, 08:29 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,920,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
The older I get the more I realize how short life really is, and how small my problems, compared to many others are, things I thought 6 months ago, two years ago, 5 years ago that really stressed me out, and I wondered how I (wed) get through them are not even thoughts anymore.
I zeroed in on this first part of "your thoughts" arguy.I think this learning of what's really important in life is one of the most important lessons we can learn. What is temporal, what is eternal.

My father used to always say something that really irritated me at the time, but it actually held a lot of wisdom. He would say, "If it won't matter ten years from now, it's really not worthy of getting upset about it."

(Of course, as I write this this morning, I am very perturbed about a situation that likely won't matter in 10 years!)

Old 09-07-2007, 08:56 AM

21,417 posts, read 29,542,083 times
You are absolutely right about realizing how short life is the older you get!
The verses you mentioned are so important. We must put on that armor everyday because we face attacks all day long. Even if you never leave the house or talk to anyone, the devil can still attack your mind. That's where the helmet is so important. Satan wants to make us doubt God and our salvation. That's what he did to Eve in the garden, he got in her mind and made her question God. The helmet which is our salvation protects our mind from doubting God's saving grace.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
That's what he did to Eve in the garden, he got in her mind and made her question God. The helmet which is our salvation protects our mind from doubting God's saving grace.
I don't think it's an accident that the place where Jesus defeated death, sin, and Satan is called Golgotha or "The Place of The Skull", ya know what I mean?

Old 09-07-2007, 09:24 AM

21,417 posts, read 29,542,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I don't think it's an accident that the place where Jesus defeated death, sin, and Satan is called Golgotha or "The Place of The Skull", ya know what I mean?
Yes I do know what you mean! And I never thought of it that way, thanks Alpha!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:29 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,920,136 times
Talking That's why we pay him the big bucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I do know what you mean! And I never thought of it that way, thanks Alpha!
Never thought of it either, but that's why he's pastor!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 AM

Wish I could take credit but I read it in book. 'course pretty much all I know/say/believe is based on something I've learned/read/heard/seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or