Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:11 PM

329 posts, read 1,099,598 times

Advertisements

Well Kaykay... don't those people you give your resume' to CALL your present employer BEFORE they schedule you that interview? She'll probably already KNOW you have applied for work elsewhere, before the interview ever comes into fruition right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 02:14 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Ok, guys, I get your drift, but what happens when I don't get the first job I get interviewed for and I'm going in every week for awhile saying "I need a couple of hours personal time????"

HUh, huh, huh?? What happens then?

Ok, ok, I won't "borrow" trouble. Let's just believe God that He opens a door rather quickly!
Well Kaykay, if worse comes down to worse...you'll get fired, can draw unemployment and THEN you will have all the FREE TIME you need to find a new job and show up to ALL interviews in a timely fashion....Girl, you gotta think ahead!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:25 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree253 View Post
Well Kaykay... don't those people you give your resume' to CALL your present employer BEFORE they schedule you that interview? She'll probably already KNOW you have applied for work elsewhere, before the interview ever comes into fruition right?
Most places I have ever interviewed have asked if it is permissible to contact your present employer or not. I would and have said "no."

Old 09-07-2007, 02:30 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Kay, what ever you do..Do not, repeat, do not ask your potential employer for an after hours interview..He may think you are really desperate for that job
Oh I don't know. I'm not so sure I'm inclined to believe that would necessarily be true. In my mind, a potential interviewer would probably understand how you simply aren't able to take off during the day. To me, that would show a desire to actually want to WORK for the company, and are willing to sacrifice your own personal time in order to pursue that job. The interviewer is a business person as well, and no doubt understands how people can't simply take off during the course of their other job in order to interview for a new one. There are a LOT of situations which could be misconstrued as being "desperate". I tend to look at them as signs of interest and enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree253
Not necessarily. Some prospective employers conduct interviews first before contacting references. All KayKay would need to do is tell the interviewer that her current employer doesn't know she's looking for a new job, so to please not contact them. That's how it has been with me at times. In fact, my last job, I had already started training before finding out whether I'd even passed the background check.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Well Kaykay, if worse comes down to worse...you'll get fired, can draw unemployment and THEN you will have all the FREE TIME you need to find a new job and show up to ALL interviews in a timely fashion....Girl, you gotta think ahead!
Kawg, why can't I look on the bright side like you do?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:32 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Quote:
Maybe I didn't repeat myself enough!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Maybe I didn't repeat myself enough!
I did notice you used "seven" emoticons!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:41 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
kaykay, I'm on our town board, and our city clerk is resigning. We posted for resumes and apps, and I was the lucky one who got to check references and set up interviews.

The field was narrowed down to 4. One of the ladies works for an attorney, when I called her and told her we would like to interview her, she explained she worked full time and her boss did not know she was seeking employment elsewhere, which she did list on her application by the way, and asked if we could work with her on a time for the interview. Guess what...

She is being interviewed at 9:00 AM tomorrow (yep Saturday) morning.

I have seen plenty of people who have had this problem, and usually when an employer calls to set up an interview, they are very accomodating. At least around here they are. Truth most always wins out....and lets face it, you also get an idea of the personality your prospective employer is as well.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
kaykay, I'm on our town board, and our city clerk is resigning. We posted for resumes and apps, and I was the lucky one who got to check references and set up interviews.

The field was narrowed down to 4. One of the ladies works for an attorney, when I called her and told her we would like to interview her, she explained she worked full time and her boss did not know she was seeking employment elsewhere, which she did list on her application by the way, and asked if we could work with her on a time for the interview. Guess what...

She is being interviewed at 9:00 AM tomorrow (yep Saturday) morning.

I have seen plenty of people who have had this problem, and usually when an employer calls to set up an interview, they are very accomodating. At least around here they are. Truth most always wins out....and lets face it, you also get an idea of the personality your prospective employer is as well.
Some good points, ai-angel. That's why I do plan to tell anyone that calls for an interview what my situation is and at least see if they seem willing to try to accomodate my situation.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:38 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
I agree with ai_angel and roma and alpha and most of the posts.
The key is have your integrity, when it's all said and done. I have been
in this predicament and an employer told me the reason I was hired was
because they respected my honesty and they interview people all the time and
they know that people many different circumstances but they appreciate honest
people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity