Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:30 PM

661 posts, read 618,446 times

Advertisements

Hi there, for those who believe in Universal Reconciliation --- can you share here in your own words how you would go about telling someone the gospel and how to be 'saved' if they asked?

Thanks all!

Blessings
Steph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:40 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph1980 View Post
Hi there, for those who believe in Universal Reconciliation --- can you share here in your own words how you would go about telling someone the gospel and how to be 'saved' if they asked?
Thanks all!
Blessings
Steph
You keep asking questions without answering them Steph. You first.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You keep asking questions without answering them Steph. You first.
Asking for people's opinion is a better way to understand them.
I am genuinely interested in hearing what you all would say.
Nothing wrong with that, right?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:33 PM

14,691 posts, read 17,026,769 times
Hi Steph, I would share that Jesus died for them to save them out their sins and that He was raised for them, to free them from the enslavement to sin and to give them life, true life. Jesus is the Only Way. We are all lost sinners in need of a Savior. They must believe that Jesus died for them and was raised from the dead. Consequently they are to live for Him, by faith, trusting in God. I believe that this involves repentance, baptism, turning away from a life that is opposed to Him and living by faith in Him. I would share scriptures which speak to this such as 1 Corinthians 15 in which Paul shares the gospel, the good news, that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and was raised on the third day, Galatians 1:4, Galatians 2:20, Romans 10:8, and Romans 6.

----

I do not believe that Jesus died to save us from eternal hell but from the enslavement to sin, from this present evil age and to reconcile us to the Father. I also believe that salvation is a process that involves a change in our lives as we live by faith and turn away from sin in our lives. Thanks and God bless, Peace

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-28-2012 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: left out a word

Old 02-28-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Steph, I would share that Jesus died for them to save them out their sins and that He was raised for them, to free them from the enslavement to sin and to give them life, true life. Jesus is the Only Way. We are all lost sinners in need of a Savior. They must believe that Jesus died for them and was raised from the dead. Consequently they are live for Him, by faith, trusting in God. I believe that this involves repentance, baptism, turning away from a life that is opposed to Him and living by faith in Him. I would share scriptures which speak to this such as 1 Corinthians 15 in which Paul shares the gospel, the good news, that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and was raised on the third day, Galatians 1:4, Galatians 2:20, Romans 10:8, and Romans 6.

----

I do not believe that Jesus died to save us from eternal hell but from the enslavement to sin, from this present evil age and to reconcile us to the Father. I also believe that salvation is a process that involves a change in our lives as we live by faith and turn away from sin in our lives. Thanks and God bless, Peace
Thank you for sharing Shana I agree with much of what you have said! I look forward to hearing other people share too.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:45 PM

14,691 posts, read 17,026,769 times
You're welcome, Steph. God bless and peace.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:10 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:

I do not believe that Jesus died to save us from eternal hell but from the enslavement to sin
Can you explain the bolded? Do you believe that Christians should eventually stop sinning altogether, in this life?

Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 PM

5,965 posts, read 6,980,955 times
Quote:
----

Also an important thing for people to understand is that Jesus died and was raised to show us the way to the Father is through death (to self and death to sin). And by following him and obeying him we are saved from shame which, when brought to light will be the lot of those who have not been purified and sanctified. I rarely hear much talk about shame, but shame is a horrible thing to endure and I believe the only way to be cleansed and enter God's presence is by acknowledging/owing our own sin. This is why I don't buy the gospel that teaches that you say the sinner's prayer and poof, you're done and it was supposedly all about snatching you from the mouth of hell. I think those who think in such black and white terms may become confused and not concerned with striving against personal sin. I believe everyone has secret sin they are dealing with - some more than others because some are more pure and more sanctified than others. And I even believe that the power of Christ is working in people without them having known the particular semantics that Christians use - it is happening to them by the Spirit of Christ, and as one poster said so eloquently that God is pouring out his Spirit upon all flesh - it is not dependent on confessing certain words - it's about the hidden man of the heart. Nothing is hidden from Him with whom we have to do.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering (and this is a question for any Christian) ... how many people actually approach you and ask you how to be saved? And if they do, what are they asking to be saved from?

Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,727,261 times
Quote:

Thanks all!

Blessings
Steph
I suppose my response would depend on how sincere I believed the question was. It it was asked with any degree of sarcasm, I probably wouldn't even bother. If, however, I felt that the person really wanted an answer and wasn't just looking for a fight, I'd try to explain that Jesus Christ was sent to the earth to atone for the sins of all would would have faith in Him and who would sincerely repent of their wrongdoings. I would further explain that I believe God wants every last one of us to return to His presence someday. He provided a Savior for us in order that we would not have to endure the punishment that would justly be ours for having sinned. Jesus Christ's atonement was the means by which the laws of both mercy and justice could simultaneously be satisfied. Finally, I'd tell them of their alternative... When Christ comes to Earth to begin His millennial reign, those who have accepted His sacrifice of their behalf will be resurrected and welcomed into Heaven. Those who have not will eventually be saved, too, but because they rejected Jesus Christ, they will be made to suffer throughout the duration of the Millennium to pay the price for their own sins, after which time, God will consider the debt paid and will allow them to enter Heaven, too. To me, it's a matter of being willing to accept a gift that has already been offered or determined to refuse that gift and end up "saved" only after having to endure needless suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity