U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 AM

3,434 posts, read 8,807,367 times

Advertisements

Do you ever get lost when you were a little child? I can remember a store in my town that I loved to with my dad, it had a huge sporting goods department for our little town, and while he was paying for fishing lures or bait or whatever, I would look at the hats and the mounted ducks they had. One time while we were there, I was looking around and something caught my eye a few aisles over, I dont remember what it was now, but I thought I needed to run over and take a look. When I turned around I didnt see my dad anywhere, and of course I panicked..I looked here and there, running up and down the aisle..I didnt have any ideal my dad was watching me the whole time, leaned over a rack of hunting clothes talking to a hunting buddy, and had his eye on me all the time. I started to say "dad, dad"..and when I got close..he said, "hey here I am, dont be scared" and I ran up and grabbed his hand. I trusted he knew where we were going whether I knew or not..I was safe..it didnt matter, I wasnt scared anymore...
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand
Isaish 41:10

Sometimes, me, Arguy, forgets that all I have to do is call out to God when things seems to fall all around me, when things dont look like they are going my way. He knows the way out of the problem or the way thru the problem..I forget that hes BIGGER than the problem,
John 10:28-30 says,
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

also another of my favorites is..
Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust

when things dont seem to go right, Im reminded of the words of a song we use to sing.. put your hand in the hand of the one that moved the water (GODS).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 08:33 AM

21,430 posts, read 29,590,927 times
That was beautiful arguy. It reminds of something my husband said a few years ago. At church he saw a little boy walking down a long hall, his father was behind him, when the little boy got to the end of the hall he stopped and put his hand up and waited for his father to take his hand. We need to stop and put our hand up and let our Heavenly Father take our hand and guide us.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 09-10-2007 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: left out word

Old 09-10-2007, 08:39 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,948,116 times
Default thoughts on a rainy Monday...in Texas

It is comforting to remember what Jesus said about the good shepherd going out to seek the lost sheep. What you have shared, arguy, reminds me of that.

Have a blessed week, everybody.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:49 AM

121 posts, read 284,996 times
What a very comforting post this morning! It's such anawesome feeling that God is always there for us if we just call on him.

God Bless everyone!!

Old 09-10-2007, 12:40 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,736,953 times
Thank you Arguy, there were many times this past weekend when I just had to 'stop' and allow God to handle the situation. You know, although things were not going the way I felt they should, when I stopped and asked God to please guide my ship, the waters calmed and although there was still a problem, with GOd leading and carrying me, the problem did not rule me, and I was at peace and able to think and provide a solution. Only by the Grace of God was I able.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:12 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,569,423 times
It's not raining here YET!! Kinda cloudy, did sprinkle for about 10 seconds.. Arguy, the trust we can place in God is awesome, isn't it? Something that only a child of God can understand.. But why do I forget about His care for me so often? I start "looking at the waves" like Peter did, and this causes me to take my eyes off of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or