U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:57 PM

18,277 posts, read 9,044,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Where there is love, there is no need for the law for there is no evil to constrain.
A beautiful quote, Sparrow.
Full of wisdom and truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 01:43 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,266,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Where there is love, there is no need for the law for there is no evil to constrain.
Good afternoon little bird .

Where there is a professed "love" for God...and an assumption of His "love" reciprocated...Scripture is clear and concise...

Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My Commandments."
John 14:15 - King James Version.

John, Jesus' precious disciple, who loved Him dearly and faithfully, spoke through the precious Holy Spirit, telling us what this "love" is..."For this is the love of God, that we keep His Commandments: and they are not grievous."
1 John 5:3 - King James version.

In order to have the slightest hope of life eternal, John tells us what is required of us...he states under the power of the Holy Spirit, "And He taught me and said to me, “Confirm my word in your heart; keep my commandments and live, and my law like the pupils of the eyes.”
Proverbs 7:2 - Aramaic Bible in Plain English.

To abide IN the love of God, John teaches us how to be loved by Him..."If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and I abide in his love.”
John 15:10 - Aramaic Bible in Plain English.

Love,
Verna.

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His Commandments:and they are not grievous."
1 John 5:3 - King James version.

blessings.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:17 PM

7,544 posts, read 11,611,161 times
We must know how the commandments are kept in order for us to abide in peace, and that is for Him to work through us. To focus on the law is to remain in the old covenant, and Scripture tells us that is the ministry of death.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 PM

Teacher, which is the greatest commandment?
Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.

This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it:
Love your neighbor as yourself. (Matthew 22:36-39)

Old 03-18-2012, 04:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,603,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
The Mosaic Law focuses on Self. Christ's Law focuses on Others. With love service there is no evil. The Sabbath is a celebration of the Creation celebrating God's rest not a burden to "Keep" for believers.
Lee, we finally agree! That's a nice surprise.

Heartsong

Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,808,896 times
if i turn up the judgement dial the 10 commandments can be used to convict most.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if i turn up the judgement dial the 10 commandments can be used to convict most.
Dial L-O-V-E and cover a multitude of errors.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:27 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,806,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Teacher, which is the greatest commandment?
Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.

This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it:
Love your neighbor as yourself. (Matthew 22:36-39)

Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,806,616 times
All of Galatians 3 is awesome. Here are some highlights:

10For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Faith. Not law.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:57 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,266,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
...Faith. Not law.
Wrong.

You and others who rebel against God's word fail to rightly divide the word of God mzjamiedawn...and that is because you and they are unable to understand the truth, for God has not revealed it to you and them because of your lack of faith. ...and for that I am truly sorry....but keep reading and listening...maybe one day...eventually...one of you...or some of you....I wish that all of you, will come to the knowledge of the truth in Christ Jesus.

...blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or