Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:25 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

...if you want eternal life with God the Father in heaven, you must...no matter what you may have been taught all of your life...and no matter what you may believe otherwise...if it is contrary to the word of God in the command to keep His Ten Commandments...INCLUDING the 4th one, to keep the Sabbath day holy unto God...the seventh day...and do no work or trade on this day...you are most unfortunately believing and living a lie...and if you continue....no matter how "good" of a person you think of yourself...no matter how often you do "good" things for others...no matter what pedistal you place yourself upon for whatever reason...you are living a lie.

You must truly repent of your sins, once and for all time, and make an everlasting covenant (promise) with God to not willfully sin any longer, and THEN and only THEN are you born again...He will then fill you with the Holy Spirit of God to give you the power to overcome any obsticle that may come your way...you always have a choice between doing right or doing wrong...and as long as you choose to do right, He will bless you...but if you choose to do wrong...transgressing any one of the ten commandments...on purpose...after you have been given the Holy Spirit...this means you never truly repented at all...you lied to God...therefore, you were never His child...but the child of the devil...the father of lies...to have the blessed hope of eternal life...to be assured that He knows and abides IN you...to be sure that He knows you and loves you...you must love God by keeping His Ten Commandments and not transgressing any one of them...otherwise you are no different than any other wicked sinner on the face of this planet...no different than the worldly one's...and God is not your Father...for He is not the Father of wickedness...iniquities...lies and transgressions.

God is holy...and to know Him and for Him to know you...you must be holy...you MUST FIRST! seek His Kingdom and His righteousness...THEN! all these things shall be added unto you...there is no other way.

esus said, "If ye love Me, keep My Commandments."
John 14:15 - King James Version.

ohn, Jesus' precious disciple, who loved Him dearly and faithfully, spoke through the precious Holy Spirit, telling us what this "love" is..."For this is the love of God, that we keep His Commandments: and they are not grievous."
1 John 5:3 - King James version.

n order to have the slightest hope of life eternal, John tells us what is required of us...he states under the power of the Holy Spirit, "And He taught me and said to me, “Confirm my word in your heart; keep my commandments and live, and my law like the pupils of the eyes.”
Proverbs 7:2 - Aramaic Bible in Plain English.

o abide IN the love of God, John teaches us how to be loved by Him..."If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and I abide in his love.”
John 15:10 - Aramaic Bible in Plain English.

he en ommandments
Exodus 20:1-20.

And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, ...nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife,...nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die. And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

I pray to God you read these words with an open heart and hearken unto Him who speaks them.

God Bless you.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 03-15-2012 at 06:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 06:14 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...if you want eternal life with God the Father in heaven, you must...no matter what you may have been taught all of your life...and no matter what you may believe otherwise...if it is contrary to the word of God in the command to keep His Ten Commandments...INCLUDING the 4th one, to keep the Sabbath day holy unto God...the seventh day...and do no work or trade on this day...you are most unfortunately believing and living a lie...and if you continue....no matter how "good" of a person you think of yourself...no matter how often you do "good" things for others...no matter what pedistal you place yourself upon for whatever reason...you are living a lie.

You must truly repent of your sins, once and for all time, and make an everlasting covenant (promise) with God to not willfully sin any longer, and THEN and only THEN are you born again...He will then fill you with the Holy Spirit of God to give you the power to overcome any obsticle that may come your way...you always have a choice between doing right or doing wrong...and as long as you choose to do right, He will bless you...but if you choose to do wrong...transgressing any one of the ten commandments...on purpose...after you have been given the Holy Spirit...this means you never truly repented at all...you lied to God...therefore, you were never His child...but the child of the devil...the father of lies...to have the blessed hope of eternal life...to be assured that He knows and abides IN you...to be sure that He knows you and loves you...you must love God by keeping His Ten Commandments and not transgressing any one of them...otherwise you are no different than any other wicked sinner on the face of this planet...no different than the worldly one's...and God is not your Father...for He is not the Father of wickedness...iniquities...lies and transgressions.

God is holy...and to know Him and for Him to know you...you must be holy...you MUST FIRST! seek His Kingdom and His righteousness...THEN! all these things shall be added unto you...there is no other way.

esus said, "If ye love Me, keep My Commandments."
John 14:15 - King James Version.

ohn, Jesus' precious disciple, who loved Him dearly and faithfully, spoke through the precious Holy Spirit, telling us what this "love" is..."For this is the love of God, that we keep His Commandments: and they are not grievous."
1 John 5:3 - King James version.

n order to have the slightest hope of life eternal, John tells us what is required of us...he states under the power of the Holy Spirit, "And He taught me and said to me, “Confirm my word in your heart; keep my commandments and live, and my law like the pupils of the eyes.â€
Proverbs 7:2 - Aramaic Bible in Plain English.

o abide IN the love of God, John teaches us how to be loved by Him..."If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and I abide in his love.â€
John 15:10 - Aramaic Bible in Plain English.

he en ommandments
Exodus 20:1-20.

And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, ...nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife,...nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die. And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

I pray to God you read these words with an open heart and hearken unto Him who speaks them.

God Bless you.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Verna.
Amen - Keep the commandments!! you pretty well pointed out the truth, I really like it. I think no one will try to disprove anything of what you've written, or if they do, well..... then nay-saying is just a typical end-times sign

Old 03-16-2012, 06:31 AM

122 posts, read 185,393 times
easy choice and never a burden Verna

Old 03-16-2012, 07:07 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Peter boasted of his love for the Lord:

“Even if I must die with you, I will not deny you!†(Mat 26:35).

Seems like someone denied Him three times before the rooster crowed...

We see another illustration at the Supper when Peter wanted to know who it was that would betray Jesus - he had to motion to John (the one who boasted of the Lord's love for him) who was reclined against Jesus' breast (symbolizing closeness) to get revelation.

The one who boasted of his love for the Lord was always far away, and the one who boasted of the Lord's love for him was always near (at the Cross, woman behold your son - he was the only disciple remaining).

This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. (1 John 4:10)

After the resurrection, Jesus took Peter, James and John away privately - this was no coincidence. These three represented the changing of the Covenant:

Peter - stone (the Law)
James - supplanting (replacing)
John - grace

The Law had been replaced by grace from that point forever more.

If we focus on the law, we will be condemned; the law cannot make the best of us righteous. Grace on the other hand makes the worst of us righteous.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:17 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Ro 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.
Ro 3:20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
Ro 3:21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
Ro 3:22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference,
Ro 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Ro 3:24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Verna follows the teachings of Charles Finney, and doctrines that are rejected by all the traditional beliefs of the Reformation churches, the Presbyterians, Lutheran, and others.

Those in doubt can read not only this text, but all of Romans chapters 5-6, and the book of Galations to clearly see that the Bible does not teach justification by works. God does expect Good works of love, kindness and compassion, but Christ came to save sinners, which he has done.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 AM

122 posts, read 185,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

The Law
what is the definition of"the law" and what is your definition of the same ?

Old 03-16-2012, 07:51 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
The ONLY "Law" that was replaced by "grace" via the sacrifice of Messiah Yahushua was "The Law of Sin and Death" (Rom 8). Otherwise the Torah (YHVH's Teachings and Instruction) are IN force FOREVER and Ever. NO exceptions.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
The ONLY "Law" that was replaced by "grace" via the sacrifice of Messiah Yahushua was "The Law of Sin and Death" (Rom 8). Otherwise the Torah (YHVH's Teachings and Instruction) are IN force FOREVER and Ever. NO exceptions.
2 Corinthians 3 kind of shoots that argument out of the water; I absolutely hate that this is being argued among believers, but Paul felt it was needful to engage those who were stuck on the law so I guess it's a worthwhile endeavour.

The Spirit, Not the Letter

4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Glory of the New Covenant

7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

By looking to and hoping in Him, we find that we automatically keep the written laws of God (because His spirit wouldn't stray from His nature, right?) and that the yoke of burden drives people away from God.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyking2 View Post
what is the definition of"the law" and what is your definition of the same ?
The old covenant that was a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. If we're still under the law, then we haven't trusted in Christ.

To be clear, the believer that trusts Him for their righteousness will be closer to the Lord than one who continues to carry the yoke upon themselves.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:53 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
2 Corinthians 3 kind of shoots that argument out of the water; I absolutely hate that this is being argued among believers, but Paul felt it was needful to engage those who were stuck on the law so I guess it's a worthwhile endeavour.

The Spirit, Not the Letter

4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Glory of the New Covenant

7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

By looking to and hoping in Him, we find that we automatically keep the written laws of God (because His spirit wouldn't stray from His nature, right?) and that the yoke of burden drives people away from God.

So so true. How many have been led AWAY from Christ because of the perceived burden of needing to be perfect in the Law to be saved?

On the other hand, how many people are there attempting to Keep the Commandments without submitting to Christ in the Word. I know a couple that are in my prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity