U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:32 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,788,638 times

Advertisements

Does Ezekiel and Isaiah really speak of the fall of "satan" aka the adversary, slanderer. i dont see where is speaks of such a thing. I used to think that the prince of tyre was satan but Ezek.28:2,9 makes it clear it was a man that is the subject of this chapter. What are your thoughts on this supposedly fall of satan? did it happen or was he a liar from the beggining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 05:08 PM

7,910 posts, read 6,742,899 times
satan is a serpent fallen angel... And lucifer was a Royal Cherub of the Lord of Host, but fell and was rejected out of heaven... The scriptures are lacking in clarity, but they are both of the same authority in darkness of the spirit , and both are stuck on the earth....

Old 03-20-2012, 06:45 PM

37 posts, read 123,208 times
I think this page will answer your questions
How, why, and when did Satan fall from heaven?
I personally believe when Lucifer fell from the sky God gave him a different name. it is said we are given different names when we go to heaven so this may be true of the opposite. i have always been taught Lucifer fell because instead of worshipping God, he started to worship himself. He used his gift, music, to convince 1/3 of the angels to start praising him instead of praising God and that is why he and his followers were kicked out of Heaven.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:56 PM

2,757 posts, read 2,190,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Does Ezekiel and Isaiah really speak of the fall of "satan" aka the adversary, slanderer. i dont see where is speaks of such a thing. I used to think that the prince of tyre was satan but Ezek.28:2,9 makes it clear it was a man that is the subject of this chapter. What are your thoughts on this supposedly fall of satan? did it happen or was he a liar from the beggining?
The words 'prince' and 'man'
are also used for the spirit realm of Angels.

Dan.12:1
Rev.21:17

Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 PM

8,832 posts, read 6,364,504 times
Satan or Lucifer is a symbol of evil.
Nothing more.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 PM

18,295 posts, read 9,057,828 times
Quote:
Does Ezekiel and Isaiah really speak of the fall of "satan" aka the adversary, slanderer.
Adversity falls like lightning.

Quote:
What are your thoughts on this supposedly fall of satan?
The adversary is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 AM

696 posts, read 400,752 times
In the book of Ezekiel, 28:2,9 isn’t referring to any wicked angel, because they’re not men. But Jehovah God is referring o him at verses 13-18. Just as Jesus are called many names, so is the fallen angel, and he did fall. someone said he was jealous because God place Angels lower than man. But if that was the case, God wouldn’t have mad them to reside in Heaven with him, (men would be there), Which they didn’t do, (Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day). Satan became a liar, when he told eve Jehovah was lying concerning the eating of a certain tree, (Gen.3:4,5- And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil). And because of that, he will be destroyed. peace

Old 03-21-2012, 09:56 AM

15,727 posts, read 9,232,513 times
Quote:
No, Lucifer is the Latin word the Romans used for the planet Venus, "Day Star". The KJV kept the Latin Vulgate translation of the Isaiah verse, where as most Bibles translated to the correct Day star/morning star. But the KJV had so much influence on the English speaking world, Lucifer became synonymous with Satan in Christian Mythology, especially with the aid of Dante and John Milton.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
satan is a serpent fallen angel... And lucifer was a Royal Cherub of the Lord of Host, but fell and was rejected out of heaven... The scriptures are lacking in clarity, but they are both of the same authority in darkness of the spirit , and both are stuck on the earth....
Wrong. Lucifer is not a being. You've been duped by the KJV translation.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerkim View Post
I think this page will answer your questions
How, why, and when did Satan fall from heaven?
I personally believe when Lucifer fell from the sky God gave him a different name. it is said we are given different names when we go to heaven so this may be true of the opposite. i have always been taught Lucifer fell because instead of worshipping God, he started to worship himself. He used his gift, music, to convince 1/3 of the angels to start praising him instead of praising God and that is why he and his followers were kicked out of Heaven.
Ever notice how the actual past War in Heaven is not in the Bible? The event would have occurred before creation or around the same time. Ever wonder why it's not in Genesis, or any of the Old Testament?

The reference in Revelation is a future event, not past. The War in Heaven is a mythological story created in the works of John Milton. It's not Biblical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity