Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 09:06 AM

Location: bible center, Islampur, MSD, W.B. India, pin code-742304
65 posts, read 65,518 times

Advertisements

Actually history is a mixture of myth and reality. It is even impossible to fully describe recent events and persons actually let alone ancient events. Meaning of Human language is always changing too. If the events are of hoary past, representation is more erroneous. Still that helps people.

Among nonChristians there are many mythical gods. They have little historical evidence compared to Christ. But their worshippers claim that they get life-support from them. The fact that I did not get support from them during my Hindu past 55 years back can’t negate that. May be my context and intellectual upbringing is different. Besides here only a few has the chance to know Christ really.

But the example and advices of Christ gave me strength to overcome my self-destructive urges. Besides Christ appears often here among my near ones with miraculous healings that can’t be brushed away as dream or hallucination. Though results of those are not up to our expectations, we can’t judge them in our myopic vision. Work of Christ is of long range covering many ups and downs.

May be Christ was not God in the fallacious omnipotent sense. May be he was an ideal man like Socrates or Gandhi. I now know Heavenly Father as the unity of Heavenly parents running the creation, as unity of worldly parents really runs this world. Politicians, rulers and conquerors play only small visible part. As our worldly parents rear us making us like them to be worthy to enter their unity and responsibilities, so Heavenly parents’ unity rear repentant ones to be like them to be worthy to enter their unity Heaven. So Christ called us gods or sons of God (Jn10-34). Please see my post Haughty angels lord even in heaven, not humble heavenly Father.

In this context exclusive God title ascribed to a person Christ becomes superfluous. One reigns by the quality of his creation. So Christ, the unity of self-sacrificing children of Heavenly Father, reigns by the fruits of regenerated souls (new heaven). Any other title is meaningless. Everything is a unity even God (Gen1-26,3-32).

So even if “history is a pack of lies agreed upon” as Voltaire said, it helps us. So is the history of Christ. The unique thing about Christ is that living he saves, not his history.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity