Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 PM

380 posts, read 1,226,455 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys

I had a discussion the other day with a Man at my work, I told him my mother who is no longer with me that I didnt think she would be in heaven just based on the way she lived her life and never mentioned Jesus nor do I know she was saved and she never talked about being saved.

My grandmother is most likley going to have hip surgery and im really concerned that she may not make it throught the surgery just because she is really weak and has chronic COPD, her lungs are real weak. I try to talk to her about the lord but she says she believes jesus died but sometimes she just says it to shut me up. I really hope I see both of them in heaven. My grandmother who is 72 has lived a rough life just like alot of people in life. my question to you guys is do you think you might see people there that you dont expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 06:30 AM

130 posts, read 152,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Hey Guys

I had a discussion the other day with a Man at my work, I told him my mother who is no longer with me that I didnt think she would be in heaven just based on the way she lived her life and never mentioned Jesus nor do I know she was saved and she never talked about being saved.

My grandmother is most likley going to have hip surgery and im really concerned that she may not make it throught the surgery just because she is really weak and has chronic COPD, her lungs are real weak. I try to talk to her about the lord but she says she believes jesus died but sometimes she just says it to shut me up. I really hope I see both of them in heaven. My grandmother who is 72 has lived a rough life just like alot of people in life. my question to you guys is do you think you might see people there that you dont expect?

Certainly there will be people there, we didn't expect to be there.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:36 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,101,063 times
Imagine looking around and thinking, "Jesus, you really did accomplish it."

Old 03-26-2012, 06:39 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,699,867 times
Do you think there will be people in heaven that you wont expect?

Yes, me

Old 03-26-2012, 07:08 AM

130 posts, read 152,154 times
Take Edgar Allen Poe for example. If people looked at the way Poe lived his life, they would believe this guy wouldn't sniff Heaven. Yet it is reported his very last words were "Lord, help my poor soul", and that is all Jesus needs to hear to come in someone's heart.

Getting into Heaven has never been about our effort. It's been proven there is nothing we can do to get there. Yet, it's all about Jesus. There are many people who come to the end of their life, and realize this. So I imagine many will be in Heaven who people didn't expect. Sadly, there's also the other thing, in that there will be many we'd expect to be there, and are not, because they trusted their own righteousness and not Jesus'.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 AM

6,370 posts, read 6,985,269 times
Quote:
Hey Guys

Everyone will be saved. That IS the Good news! Failure was never in the plans.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 AM

488 posts, read 1,244,259 times
Quote:
Hey Guys

probably, yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Everyone will be saved. That IS the Good news! Failure was never in the plans.
If Only you were right, trettep

Old 03-26-2012, 08:16 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,330,427 times
Quote:
Hey Guys

Hi Jamerschris,

As I see it, all people will be united with God. I don't know the ins and outs of everything I can't see, but I do believe in my heart of hearts that God is a loving, caring, merciful, teachful God. He doesn't make junk, and He's not a throw-away consumer. We are all precious to Him and He knows each of us intimately. And He knows how to save us. Every one of us.

Many blessings to you!
brian

Old 03-26-2012, 09:57 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,440,720 times
If Jesus does not save your mom then he is not a savior. He would be better known as: Jesus the savior of a few people. But thank be to God that Jesus is the Lamb that takes away the sin of the world.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 AM

1,196 posts, read 745,096 times
Many “men of God” teach ALL goes to Heaven, truth is, ONLY a certain amount will go, (Rev.7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel). But instead of accepting it’s Jehovah’s word. Many refuse to believe. also many believe all whom goes, will have the same memories for those left behind. As well as believing they will be with their love ones in the same manner as on earth, But peacefully.

All are false teachings, even if many refuse to believe. Those who DOES have that Heavenly calling ,will also have a job to do, (I’ll come back to this later). There will be many God find righteous living on earth ,(Psa. 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace). Even showing this many still refuse to believe. Because their ministers say otherwise. God will remove satan’s wicked system, including his man-made governments. And replace them with his own righteous one ,(Dan. 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever).

This is where the 144,000 comes in, they along with Jesus, will righteously and peacefully rule over Jehovah’s earthly subjects ,(Rev.5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth). And (Rev. 14:1-4). Notice this group IS numbered, many don’t realize the un-numbered group ,(Rev.7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands), are those who’ll be on earth.

They believe these are in Heaven, because they’re standing "before the throne", (the Father) and Jesus. This isn’t literal, in the case of God,Ones doesn’t have to actually be in front of him to be standing before him. Many humans when beginning a prayer, will say,.. ”I stand before you in prayer” it doesn’t mean they’re actually there. So the great crowd are really the earthly subjects who were saved. Speaking of save, it’s sad, I’ve heard many say, “if someone’s on their death bed, I hope they repented” Anyone who believes it’s that simple, thinks God is someone to play with, he’s not ,(Gal.6:7 -Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap).

one can’t live the life they choose to live, (anything against God), then feel all I have to do is repent, then I’ll be in Heaven. no one is saved until the end if they try to live in a way pleasing the Jesus Father, Jehovah God .(Matt.24:13 -But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved). Our dead love one’s have a chance to come back, if God chooses them. If we makes it, we will rejoin them. But no one’s going to Heaven to be with their love ones, again, they have a job to do. Despite what one badly wants to believe. We have to make sure we’re doing our “works” as well as having faith, and trying to live right. peace

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity