U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-11-2012, 09:38 AM
 
Location: US
10,290 posts, read 3,945,159 times
Reputation: 485

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you say in your heart, what do you mean by heart ?
Another metaphor...'He has no heart', 'That one has a lot of heart',...BTW, Where in the Scriptures does it state that we must 'invite Jesus into our hearts'?...And people state that it is ones free will to reject or accept HaShem...Here is my question: How can one reject something one does not believe in?...One must believe in the existance of something in order to reject it...If one rejects HaShem, is that one not aknowledging the existence or belief that He exists?...If one rejects HaMeshiach Yeshua and His sacrifice and His being Lord, is that one not aknowledging His sacrifice and His Lordship?...What does Paul state in order to be saved?...He states, 'If you will confess with your mouth that Yeshua is Lord and believe in your heart (there's that pesky little word again) that HaShem has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved'...I have heard a few people state that they do not reject Yeshua or HaShem for it is illogical to reject something that they do not believe exists in the first place...And if ones states that they reject Him, then it is logical to state that they are in rebellion against Him...To reject an offer one must believe the offer exists in the first place...If it does not exist, then what is one rejecting?...

If I reject the practice of magic am I rejecting the idea that magic exists?...No, I am merely rejecting the practice of it...However, If I reject the Idea of magic's existance, I am not rejecting the practice of it, becuase I do not believe that it exists to practice in the first place...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-11-2012, 09:40 AM
 
Location: US
10,290 posts, read 3,945,159 times
Reputation: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
our creator aka "god" as some chose to label him. made us all.. we are his creation. his hand is in all of us. our being, our consciousness is him.. our physical manifestation is him, we are all images of him naturally,

we however have be caught in an illusion that makes us believe that we are separate from him and eachother. but we are One.

When we wake up to this truth we will begin to live as one in Unity and live in HArmony.

TO wake up is to Know. that the Oneness in us all Is God.. he is the controller of consciousness as it plays out on the earth,, but we are sleeping and dreaming and not Awake to this truth... this is the reason everything is confusing and hazy to us.. we cant see clearly when in dreams.. nothing makes sense to us.. When we wake up to know who we are.. we begin to allow GOd to manifest onto the earth and create the beauty that he intends to create through US.

Wake up..
How's that workin' out fer ya?...Can anyone say Matrix?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 09:43 AM
 
Location: RI
19,048 posts, read 9,282,745 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The heart is a metaphor for the seat of faith which is located near the base of the skull according to science today...And the Jews knew 6,000 years ago where the seat of faith rested...
So God see's our faith when He see's our heart ?. I agree with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 09:47 AM
 
Location: RI
19,048 posts, read 9,282,745 times
Reputation: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
I think our consciousness is a more accurate "location", at least to me.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 AM
 
7,439 posts, read 2,632,525 times
Reputation: 622
"The Spirit is the core of our existence; rest in peace."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 02:04 PM
 
23,018 posts, read 11,114,012 times
Reputation: 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
God's Divine Love is in my soul, which is encased in my spirit body, which is inside my physical body.
It's been a while since I've been on the forum, but if I remember correctly, you believe we're born with God's Divine Love... and I don't. What I have learned is that we have natural love within our souls that we are born with... although this natural love isn't on the same high spiritual level as Divine Love. Divine Love, which is the very Essence of God, comes from "without," it surrounds each and every one of us, but we need to pray for it to enter our soul. Prayer activates our soul longing for its inflowing. I'm sure lots of people receive God's Divine Love and may not be aware of the power of this Love. Blessings.
We only seem to be at odds because of different the way we each frame the phenomenon, SoCal. Yours is a spiritual, magical, mystical frame. Mine is science and phenomenologically based. We receive the seed of God's love in our spirit at birth but we must mature enough to nurture it. God is Spirit. God is Love (Agape . . . what you call Divine and Buddhists call Maitri). The natural love you refer to is a hybrid of our innate desire for God's love projected onto those we know and merged with our animal needs. It is "outside" only in the sense that ALL Spirit is separate from the physical realm that can only contain its production. We are embryo Spirits in the womb of a physical body until our rebirth as Spirit at death. We have a spiritual umbilical cord to our bodies as long as we are alive and we nurture our embryo Spirit (or not) depending on our conscious state of mind. Our individual Spirits are part of the collective human consciousness embedded within God's consciousness. Until Christ elevated our collective human consciousness by His perfect resonance with God's Divine Love . . . no human consciousness had access to God's consciousness. Now we all do all the time . . . but we must seek it and try to attain some (albeit imperfect) harmonic resonance with God's Divine Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
 
12,392 posts, read 14,894,057 times
Reputation: 14598
God's Holy Spirit dwells within that little ole brain of mine. The part that makes me feel guilt when I have done wrong and the part that gives me total peace in knowing that He loves me unconditionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 09:29 PM
 
2,280 posts, read 873,174 times
Reputation: 279
He is in our whole being and lifes way if our eye is single [will] and focused to be and do the will of God.

MK 12:30 "And you shall love Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment." You shall if as Jesus said, you seek and then learn to do the will of God through Grace.

MT 6:22-23 "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light. MT 6:23 But if your eye be evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you be darkness, how great is that darkness!"

The metaphor of the eye refers to the will because to see Gods will is to see the light of the Truth the Way and the Life of Christ. The metaphor of the whole body refers to the whole of your life because lf you are looking at Him, the true light will shine in your whole life.

"Seek" Him and you shall find, "knock" on the door of Heaven and it shall be opened to you, and "look" to Him and you shall see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 10:31 PM
 
2,280 posts, read 873,174 times
Reputation: 279
The soul is where Christ dwells in resurrected Glory if so be that the Truth dwells in you and it is the Spirit that makes us consious of that fact. If not then the will that resides in the soul is driven by mere human spirit that follows the instincts of a fleshly/carnal mind and lies.

It is by the Spirit of Truth that we should seek to communicate with each other. The higher life is that we seek to establish and keep the unity of the Spirit. A gift for sure but a leaning process also as more and more He imparts His Wisdom and the Fruit of the Spirit. A process that for sure is the narrow pathway but it leads to Eternal Life because broad is the way that leads to death of spirit and soul.

It is written in the Psalms, "He restores my soul [from being dead to God]" so that my cup [spirit] runs over [with the wine of love and joy] because "The word of God is sharper then any two edged sword even to the dividing of the soul and spirit---" He divides out the lies and gives us Truth and makes the soul come to True Life in Him by His Spirit. In Him dwells the ability to focus on the will of God. Such is the power of a restored soul and where the will dwells.

A dead soul [meaning dead to God] has only the will to do its own thing which is to follow the things of the flesh and pride rather than eternal values. It is written in the proverbs that the pride of ones own ways of life comes only through argueing against Gods' ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 AM
 
489 posts, read 317,403 times
Reputation: 152
Obviously if you are not living or walking in the Spirit, then you will b e guessing for a long time, as this is only revealed to the truly faithful whom walk and live in the Spirit. Their is NO doubt as where the Holy Spirit indwells within us, but ONLY the truly faithful whom read and seek the wisdom & knowledge of the Spirit of Truth which is revealed or manifested from the Spirit of Truth through the witnessing and testimony of the Gospel of Truth.

....Shalom Aleichem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top