Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:08 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you say in your heart, what do you mean by heart ?
right next to the mitral valve aka bicuspid valve which allows the blood to flow from the left atrium into the left ventricle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 01:00 PM

707 posts, read 687,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
right next to the mitral valve aka bicuspid valve which allows the blood to flow from the left atrium into the left ventricle
There's always a smart Alec atheist around when you don't need one.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
God's Divine Love is in my soul, which is encased in my spirit body, which is inside my physical body.
I like this answer best

Good for you

Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
There's always a smart Alec atheist around when you don't need one.
sorry?

Old 04-10-2012, 02:41 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
rofl

Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
God doesn't dwell in me; He dwells in Heaven (or so the scriptures say in literally dozens of verses). His spirit, however, resides wherever there is good.
Where two minds meet, God is a third. MY belief. From where? Betcha God has been trying to speak to you for several decades. Are yu listening?

Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,905 times
Quote:
God does dwell in our 'hearts' however the word 'heart' as used in the Scriptures rarely means the muscle that pumps blood.

It metaphorically means our inner being, our mind, our understanding, and guides our conscience.

That's why the Scriptures say things such as:

God 'writes' His laws on our heart, the hearts of the wise hearted, thy Word have I hid in my heart [that I might not sin against Thee], they said in their hearts, etc etc.

So it stands to reason that Messiah/Holy Spirit resides in our heart/mind also to guide and lead us.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:06 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009
God's Divine Love is in my soul, which is encased in my spirit body, which is inside my physical body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Good answer . . . even though we differ on many details . . . you have the locus correct and the love part down pat.
It's been a while since I've been on the forum, but if I remember correctly, you believe we're born with God's Divine Love... and I don't. What I have learned is that we have natural love within our souls that we are born with... although this natural love isn't on the same high spiritual level as Divine Love. Divine Love, which is the very Essence of God, comes from "without," it surrounds each and every one of us, but we need to pray for it to enter our soul. Prayer activates our soul longing for its inflowing. I'm sure lots of people receive God's Divine Love and may not be aware of the power of this Love. Blessings.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
So are you saying he dwells inside of your body of flesh? . Where is the exact location of where He dwells in you?.

Do you think Paul could possibly be referring to who you are when he says "Your Body"?.
The heart is a metaphor for the seat of faith which is located near the base of the skull according to science today...And the Jews knew 6,000 years ago where the seat of faith rested...

Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
I’ve know many who’ll say…”God know my heart” mostly the sayings of those who choose to live the life they want. As if saying this will save them from Jehovah God’s wrath, it won’t! many should really think before they say those words. When we say God is in our hearts, we should show love to ALL. If we can help them that’s also good. But if “God” Jehovah GOD, dwells in us, personally speaking. I try to live a way pleasing to him, notice I said I “TRY”, I’m imperfect, I have fights. Not because of the world, because I was never one to do what the world say I SHOULD DO, (1John 2:15,16- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world).

Might fight was always about myself, not other, because I could EASILY, let family and friends go in order to TRY…and follow Jesus, (Luke 21:16,17- And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake), they can’t save my life. I wanted to change my life, though I NEVER was club hopping, an alcoholic, or one who wanted to live a debauched life. Still I needed to change my old ways. Which includes the way I thought, (1Pet.1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance). Even though I didn’t follow what the world did, because they felt I had to. I did many things of the world I thought was ok in God’s eyes, and because I WANTED to do, that had to change ,(Rom.12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God).

though I love ALL, I know I can’t hang, (as buddies), with ANY who choose to live a way unpleasing to God ,(1Cor15:33-Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners). And I wasn’t willing to condone the immoral acts of others. Even if it meant losing SPIRITUAL family or friends,(1Cor.5:11,12- But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within)? Again I’m Not perfect, I have a lot to work on, but I AM trying. constantly trying to keep Jehovah God in my heart. Following his teachings through his many servants, including Jesus ,(1Cor.11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God). That will help me to improve because it’s NOT about me, but Jesus Father. peace

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity