U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 05:52 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,066,576 times

Advertisements

Judge not lest ye be judged.

Forgives us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

The first one has been in my head for as long as I can remember. The second one has been on my mind more recently. On and off for the past year or so, but more constant the past few months.

Lately, I have been struggling with forgiving others, although I do feel none of us is perfect.

I'm tired of turning the other cheek. What role does forgiveness have in your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 06:21 AM

4,773 posts, read 2,792,279 times
Believer need to turn away from the liberal ideas of condemnation and judgmental ways and turn to the Love of God on their heart..... See Jesus forgiving from Luke 23: 34...``Father forgive them, for they know not what they do``......... See Jesus seen that these carnal men where spiritual undiscerning and who could not see the dark spirit who manipulated then with envy and put Jesus on the cross ...... Other ways to forgive is from Matthew 6: 14-15....Jesus said `` for if we forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive your trespasses``.... Which is the fear of God , or actually the fear of failing from the grace of God ..... So even as we forgive and repented and forgive again , and the thoughts of the issues seems to not go away, .. Then we need to rebuke the demon spirit who is responsible for bring these ideas back in Jesus mighty name .... and pray through Jesus blood prayer of grace, as this will cut through the legalism of some prayer and take the direct prayer with faith .....

Old 04-06-2012, 07:08 AM

5,171 posts, read 2,037,992 times
It's always a struggle to forgive, just like its always a struggle to believe all God's promises, to honor God's commandments, to thank Him for all our blessings. The Christian life is one of spiritual struggle to remain faithful. This is one of the many reasons God gives us the scriptures to help us to continue to believe and remain faithful. AS the man said, "I believe, Help me in my unbelief"
Mk 9:24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 AM

6,873 posts, read 3,574,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
What role does forgiveness have in your life?
It's right up there at the top of the list, right after: "Go and sin no more."

Salvation comes from within, and can only be applied to the self. If you cannot be like Christ, don't go telling others how to do it. Just practice being like Christ. When you get that part accomplished, everything else falls into place.

Good luck with your salvation.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:04 PM

120 posts, read 51,761 times
forgiveness has allowed me to look at life through clear eyes.
when i let the baggage of grudges or hurt weigh me down i would feel vry heavy and not joyful,

forgiveness is effortless - it may feel hard to do becuase we are taguht to hold on to things that we have be wronged so its ok to feel pain... YEs it is natural to feel hurt/pain.. but to carry it around as luggage is not a natural thing.. we must feel our pain Fully.. without running away from it.. we must sit and bear it until it passes and when it does forgivenss comes naturally. if we dont fully let it go we will feel it over and over again with every experience that comes.

You are able to see life without judgements attached to it or expectations based on past hurts that you have experienced
if we dont fully deal with the pain and thus forgive.. we will not let future blessings to be fully appreciated.. we may label them as somthng bad before we even give it a chance.

Forgiveness is to be free from the past challenges.. we have all been hurt and we all hurt people some time or the other whether by intention or not..
just look at what you are holding on to.. feel it it fully and let in surface and leave.. and release it.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:38 PM

5,761 posts, read 2,183,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
Forgiveness is to be free from the past challenges.. we have all been hurt and we all hurt people some time or the other whether by intention or not..
just look at what you are holding on to.. feel it it fully and let in surface and leave.. and release it.

This sounds great ... in theory. In practice, I haven't found it to ring true, but it may be because I'm missing something, internally.

I actively forgive and release things, yet I find that the damage done by some of those things (both within myself, and in my relationship with others) lingers on and inhibits me from living as freely and lovingly as I want to. This is my experience.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
This sounds great ... in theory. In practice, I haven't found it to ring true, but it may be because I'm missing something, internally.

I actively forgive and release things, yet I find that the damage done by some of those things (both within myself, and in my relationship with others) lingers on and inhibits me from living as freely and lovingly as I want to. This is my experience.

have you fully let the pain play itself out.. its is scary to fully feel somthing that hurts and remain still... it like looking it right in the eye and facing it.. we will relise that it passes as with everything else. i wouldnt say its easy.. you may cry, you may cringe for it to be over, but if you keep still and let it fully pass with all its mightt then it can be released. you dont have to keep re-living it over and over in the memories.. you fully deal with it and release it.. it is energy,, we are made of energies.. some feel good and some feel not soo good.. without the bad.. we will not be able to appreciate the good... so in reality they are both needed.. but we shoulnt get attached to them and keep them as baggage... dont be afraid of the pain .. the next time you feel somthing inside coming up.. let it come up and let it leave .. stay still and let it take its course without turning your attention to somthing else to ease the pain.. try it, it make work. jsut a suggestion all the best.. peace

Old 04-06-2012, 02:12 PM

2,665 posts, read 1,319,332 times
Pray, pray, pray. you need to ask God to reveal you motives, intention, and desires. To help you learn to forgive. It is hard for some to forgive, love, and treat all people the same. the carnal nature, the beast within each of us is a selfish animal. You must bring it to subjection to the spirit man within you. It will be a life long struggle. if you ever reach perfection in this lifetime send me the secret.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Pray, pray, pray. you need to ask God to reveal you motives, intention, and desires. To help you learn to forgive. It is hard for some to forgive, love, and treat all people the same. the carnal nature, the beast within each of us is a selfish animal. You must bring it to subjection to the spirit man within you. It will be a life long struggle. if you ever reach perfection in this lifetime send me the secret.

There is no secret .perfection is an illusion. we are perfectly imperfect. perfection is an idea with worldy standards.. but we are not worldly we are eternal... if we try to become perfect based on the standards of the world we can never attain this, because the things of the world always change, so we will forever be trying to attain somthing that doesnt even exist,.

the truth is that we are already that which we seek. with each breath we are that.. we are the freedom itself..

what the mind does is try to attach and identify with many things causing a struggle
if we allowed Life to happen and fully experience each moment for what it was we will have no expectation or dissapointment.. we will Live each moment fully without labeling everything and trying to make somthing happen.

the idea that we have, of who we are will always make us feel that we are not yet there,( this is the mind play) but we are already the thing that we are trying to attain, naturally and effortlessly. we must be still and know this. still the mind from pulling you into the past and future and live in the present fully, this is where everything is.. the power is here. we are here.. always. we can never be anywhere else..

when the fire is there to burn the layers that cover this truth.. let it burn .. its burns all that is untrue.. to uncover what is True from the beginning and forever enternally.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:27 PM

5,761 posts, read 2,183,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
have you fully let the pain play itself out.. its is scary to fully feel somthing that hurts and remain still... it like looking it right in the eye and facing it.. we will relise that it passes as with everything else. i wouldnt say its easy.. you may cry, you may cringe for it to be over, but if you keep still and let it fully pass with all its mightt then it can be released. you dont have to keep re-living it over and over in the memories.. you fully deal with it and release it.. it is energy,, we are made of energies.. some feel good and some feel not soo good.. without the bad.. we will not be able to appreciate the good... so in reality they are both needed.. but we shoulnt get attached to them and keep them as baggage... dont be afraid of the pain .. the next time you feel somthing inside coming up.. let it come up and let it leave .. stay still and let it take its course without turning your attention to somthing else to ease the pain.. try it, it make work. jsut a suggestion all the best.. peace
Mmm, yes ... might be avoiding pain rather than dealing with it. Good insight.

The other thing that struck me as I was thinking about what I'd written and a couple of specific relationships floated into my mind, was that while I may have forgiven them, I have not acknowledged even to myself and certainly not to them in what way I was at fault. Too busy keeping them (and the situation) at arm's length for fear they/it would hurt me again.

Fear sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity