Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:11 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
It's not that the Vatican has a different interpretation of Scripture. It is that they feel they have the Authority to SUPERCEDE Scripture. Contrary to popular belief, the Bible is prettly clear in it's message.

In the end, what matter is who God calls Christian.

Matthew 7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Luke 8:20-21

20And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.

21And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

These passages aren't open to various interpretations. It is pretty clear.
please do not misrepresent a religion YOU do not correctly understand----i as a catholic would never attempt to degrade or misrepresent your belief systems even if i do not care for it-----and scripture is interpreted differently by many forms of christianity(unless you are the person that wrote the scripture)twas not jesus himself that wrote it btw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 10:20 AM

467 posts, read 467,478 times
Quote:
It's not that the Vatican has a different interpretation of Scripture. It is that they feel they have the Authority to SUPERCEDE Scripture. Contrary to popular belief, the Bible is prettly clear in it's message.

Matthew 7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Luke 8:20-21

20And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.

21And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

These passages aren't open to various interpretations. It is pretty clear.
lee9786 You said..
Quote:
I reply: Jesus never made even ONE protestant or protestant church!
All protestant churches, came alone at least "Sixteen Hundred" years AFTER Jesus formed his Holy Catholic Church!
All protestant churches are made by MEN!!

Jesus is ALWAYS WITH.. His Church!
The Great Commission:
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

lee9786 Luther the first "De-former" said.. "Satan is the head of the Catholic Church!"
Martin Luther and ALL PROTESTANTS must reject the scriptures: "I am always with you even to the very end of the age"!
Luther believed that somehow; "Satan overpowered Jesus, that Satan TOOK Jesus' body from Jesus!"

Luther the father of the "De-formation" rejected the scriptures.. CHRISTIANS believe the scriptures!

God said..
1 Timothy 3:15
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Martin Luther rejected the words of God...
Protestants MUST believe God lied!!
CHRISTIANS believe the scriptures!

Ephesians 5:27
and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Martin Luther rejected the words of God... He BLAMED the CHURCH!!
Protestants MUST believe God lied, they BLAME the CHURCH!!
CHRISTIANS believe the scriptures!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:41 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
lee9786 You said..

I reply: Jesus never made even ONE protestant or protestant church!
Jesus made one unified church - one that is independent of man messing it up - the Body of Christ.

The Body of Christ is independent of Mankind's Denominational Division.

Ephesians 3

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Ephesians 4

1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

There is one Baptism, one Spirit in one "Church". Mankind can do nothing to divide Christ's Church because it is independent of Man's denominations.

So you have Catholics. You have Protestants. And you have the true Church - the "Body of Christ".

Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,664 times
Quote:
Jesus made one unified church - one that is independent of man messing it up - the Body of Christ.

Ephesians 3

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Ephesians 4

1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

7But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

There is one Baptism, one Spirit in one "Church". Mankind can do nothing to divide Christ's Church because it is independent of Man's denominations.

So you have Catholics. You have Protestants. And you have the true Church - the "Body of Christ".

ONLY through Him, Jesus Christ do we have access to God the Father...not through a specific church or denomination, or a pope, or a pastor...ONLY through Jesus Christ.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
please do not misrepresent a religion YOU do not correctly understand----i as a catholic would never attempt to degrade or misrepresent your belief systems even if i do not care for it-----and scripture is interpreted differently by many forms of christianity(unless you are the person that wrote the scripture)twas not jesus himself that wrote it btw
Annie, my dear, I've become desensitized to these ridiculous diatribes wasting bandwidth.

These posters sound very uni-dimensional, not a lot of fun, and not anybody I'd be wanting to break bread with on a social level.

They've never heard the expression "less is more."

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 04-23-2012 at 03:08 PM..

Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:

Ephesians 3

Ephesians 4

lee9786 Hello I hope all is well...
You said and Correctly pointed out..
Quote:
the true Church - the "Body of Christ"
lee9786 Jesus is "ALWAYS with his CHURCH, even to the very end of the age!!"
The Church Jesus formed is "Holy & Blameless"!
You believe; Jesus left the church he formed?!... You reject the scriptures to think as you do!
lee9786 You believe; The Church Jesus formed is to be blamed?! Again You must reject the scriptures to think as you do!
Jesus is NOT with any man made churches simply because he is ALWAYS with the one Church he formed!
Jesus is NOT with any man made PROTESTING churches simply because, these protesting men, are in protest against the, "ONLY CHURCH Jesus is ALWAYS WITH!"

lee9786 You reject the "Flesh of Jesus in the form of bread?!" You must reject the scriptures and the Early Church fathers, to believe as you do!

All the Early Church Fathers belonged to; The Church Jesus formed! Not one "Early Church Father was protestant", no not one!
The Early Church Fathers "Baptized Infants"!
They "Ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread"!
They had Bishops with the AUTHORITY of God, to make doctrine and to preach!

The Church Jesus formed, is still the Catholic Church!
The Pope has linage back to Peter the SHEPHERD, the man who holds the keys! He has Linage back to the Early Church Father's!
No protestant can trace his roots back further then the Sixteenth Century!

FACT: Jesus never made any protestants or protestant churches!
lee9786 All the thousands of these protestant, man made churches, claim to have the only truth but not one is the same.. Not one believes the same as the; "Early Church Fathers believed or taught"!

The Church is the body of Christ.. Tis true...
The CHURCH; (Singular) is just one Church.. Because Jesus had one body, not thousands of man made bodies, all these thousands are in chaos and conflict!! All divided and fragmented!

lee9786 God does not "Divide and Conquer" Satan does!

The Church Jesus formed is one, it is not divided; It is the Holy Catholic Church, none other!!

Dogknox

Old 04-24-2012, 02:38 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
Ha.. You are funny!!!
DASULAR17 You left the TRUTH.. for the LIE of man made religion!

Jesus formed ONE Church and it was not a protestant church!
There was NO protestants or protestant churches for Sixteen Hundred years AFTER Jesus!

Jesus is "ALWAYS WITH" his Church; Even to the very end of the age!
ALWAYS WITH, meaning he is NOT, he cannot be with yours! To think different you must reject the scriptures.. "God' WORDS!"
For you to think different you must believe God tells lies!

I am CHRISTIAN.. Christians believe the scriptures!
DASULAR17 For you to reject the Catholic Church you might as well toss you bible out your window..
Historical FACT: The Catholic Church made the bible! She ALONE with God' help removed all the un-scriptural, non inspired books, then placed all the INSPIRED manuscripts into one book, She named her book; "The Bible"!

You can't trust the Holy Catholic Church got it right???!... How can you be sure The Bible is the "Words of God??"

Dogknox

Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,597 times
You self-righteous, ignorant Protestant "born again" bigots make me sick. Your so-called church would not EXIST if it weren't for the Cathoilic Church, the ONLY church founded by Christ, not some mega "church" with a "pastor" in a $2,000 suit always asking for money.
Then again, there will always be dupes drooling over every word that charlatans like Joel Osteen and those of his ilk utter.
Just sit in your bible study groups and SHUT UP!

Old 04-24-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
You self-righteous, ignorant Protestant "born again" bigots make me sick. Your so-called church would not EXIST if it weren't for the Cathoilic Church, the ONLY church founded by Christ, not some mega "church" with a "pastor" in a $2,000 suit always asking for money.
Then again, there will always be dupes drooling over every word that charlatans like Joel Osteen and those of his ilk utter.
The Muslims believe "The Anti-Christ" will be motherless!!

Ask a protestant "who is your father"?! Then..
Then ask the same person "Who is your mother"?

I point out.. "Even Jesus had a mother, Mary"!
All "In the Body of Jesus, honor Mary as Mother"!
Catholic's have always honored "Mary our Mother"!

I point out: No father gains the title "FATHER" unless a mother gives birth!

I think the Muslims are right!!!
The "Anti-Christ" was hatched at the "De-Formation"!

Dogknox

Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post

Ain't that the truth. They weren't gifted with that much originality. They needed a springboard.

Or they can stay at Starbucks and keep the noise down, and continue looking morose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity