Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Many of us blame God too.

Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place..

The truth is we are responsible for what issues out of our hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
at a pentecostal church there were members who would blame him for everything from back pain, to being tired on sunday. it was a little overboard.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:10 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
He sure does exist. Please dont misquote me. He is limited in power and can only do what God allows him to do.
.... and yet, here you are on the Christian Forum, seeking 'opinions', rather than scriptural truth, regarding Satan. Is your Bible 'broken' or something?

Old 04-18-2012, 04:15 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
From the old TV show Flip Wilson who would come out on his TV show is drag as Geraldine Jones and say..``What you see is what you got , but I didn`t want to do it but the devil made me buy that dress ``..... .... See in truth the devil can manipulate man and man would not even know it and it seams so familiar that he is not even there ....But unless the Lord show you that His is there or if the devil messes up and show him self were he does not to show himself , No one would not even know he is there.... See the devil is not one being running around manipulating people , but a multitude of dark spirits more than any one could count and the Lord does not see them all , all the time , but Jesus is good at seeing the hazzards... as there is No distance in the spirit realm , were in the flesh realm were man can see there is great distances......

Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
I think they like to blame the devil in order to take the blame off themselves. Yes, Satan does tempt people to sin, but since God condemns unbelivers, it only makes sense that the guilt is still on the person. Blaming Satan for our sins doesn't work. Remember, Eve tried to blame Satan in the garden of Eden, but she was cursed and driven from the garden, as also was Adam.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:59 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
I think they like to blame the devil in order to take the blame off themselves. Yes, Satan does tempt people to sin, but since God condemns unbelivers, it only makes sense that the guilt is still on the person. Blaming Satan for our sins doesn't work. Remember, Eve tried to blame Satan in the garden of Eden, but she was cursed and driven from the garden, as also was Adam.
Good post!

In the end, we will all answer for ourselves. We won't be able to point the finger at this entity during Judgment. We are 100 percent responsible for our actions.

It's interesting the Lord allows the Father of Lies, the source of all false religions, to deceive mankind by these false philosophies. Mankind is 100 percent responsible for not being deceived however. God has revealed the truth of his reality in us, but has allowed alternative philosophical beliefs for those that "don't love the truth that they might be saved"<para> (2 Thessalonians 2)

Romans 1

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

And Satan is there to provide the alternate imaginations appealing to the darkened hearts.

The ultimate "the devil made me do it" defense will fail with eternal consequences from the ultimate sin - unbelief in God.

John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
.... and yet, here you are on the Christian Forum, seeking 'opinions', rather than scriptural truth, regarding Satan. Is your Bible 'broken' or something?
Why the condescending attitude? Have you never "sought opinions" for the thing we call conversation? If your bible is all you need, why are you here posting on a forum (to paraphrase your own words).

Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
To me, the question boils down to why we (people) need to find blame for things -- why are we inclined to point our finger all the time? Isn't the word 'blame' related to the word 'blaspheme'?

That we have an urge to blame something or someone speaks to the fact that we feel wronged and we feel wronged because we are bound by mortality and all it's inconveniences, sufferings, and fears due to uncertainty.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

yep, the devil broke my bible. and i know he will break my keyboard too.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:34 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
As intelligent beings, we are not automatons lacking free will. God instilled in us minds and hearts that motivate us according to our individual personalities. Unfortuanately, human nature can be selfish and even trecherous depending on such things as environment and social conditioning. But yes, there is also a great influence and encouragement towards evil that does exist and is not to be underestimated.

Long ago the Great Dragon, also called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; was hurled down and his angels were hurled down with him."—Revelation 12: 7-9. What were the consequences for the human family? The prophecy continues: "Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time." Yes, Satan knows that his system is nearing its end, so he is doing everything he can to turn humans against God before he and his world are put out of the way. How debased those spirit creatures are because they misused their free will! How awful conditions have been on earth under their influence, especially since 1914!

The Bible clearly shows that an intelligent, unseen person has been controlling both men and nations. It says: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.
On an occasion when Jesus was "tempted by the Devil," He did not question Satan's role as the ruler of this world. The Bible explains what happened: "The Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, and he said to him: 'All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.' Then Jesus said to him: 'Go away, Satan!"

So we can understand that The Devil or his unseen minions need not physically possess one in order to control their desires or free will. TV and other forms of media are already accomplishing this without ever coming in physical contact with those affected by their programming and advertising campaigns.
so well stated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity