Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:40 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Hebrews 9:27 tells us "man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment". Believe it!
It may surprise you that believers in UR do believe this passage. I do.

Notice it doesn't mention anything about eternal hell.

But it does mention judgment. Judgment produces righteousness, because it is used to set things right.

Isaiah 26:9-10 is a good example. When God's judgment comes in the earth, the people learn righteousness. If they don't learn it by grace, they will learn it by judgment. That is what judgment is for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:36 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Can you explain to me what you meant by "serving him without fear?" I don't understand the fear thing.

Can you also explain what you mean by "the full revelation of God?"

Katie
Yes . Being at peace with God, and myself. When I saw that Jesus revealed the true nature and character of God the conflict I had with God, and myself was over. God understands my old man is of the earth, I understand and accept it and recognize it for what it is. It's a lovely place to be.

To rescue us from the hand of our enemies,
***and to enable us to serve him without fear
to guide our feet into the path of peace.”

Luke 1:74 & 79.

Cherry picked from bible gateway

Old 04-19-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:

Can you also explain what you mean by "the full revelation of God?"

Katie
If I could I would. What I will say is the riches of Christ are boundless, and if our hearts are open we surely can begin to discover them.

*18that you may be in strength to comprehend, with all the saints, what [is] the breadth,

*19to know also the love of the Christ that is exceeding the knowledge, that you may be filled -- to all the fulness of God;and length, and depth, and height. Ephesians 17

Old 04-19-2012, 03:46 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
It may surprise you that believers in UR do believe this passage. I do.

Notice it doesn't mention anything about eternal hell.

But it does mention judgment. Judgment produces righteousness, because it is used to set things right.

Isaiah 26:9-10 is a good example. When God's judgment comes in the earth, the people learn righteousness. If they don't learn it by grace, they will learn it by judgment. That is what judgment is for.
Yes, and we happened to notice it doesn't mention anything about all being saved beyond judgement either

Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
But Jesus already "paid the price for everyone's wrongdoings". In John 12:27 Jesus tells us, "Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.

People need to acknowledge and accept God's act of grace now. We need to do the acknowledging of this act of Jesus now, while we are living. People need to stop refusing it now. It is only in this life that we are offered this gift of grace. Accept it now.
Well, I personally have accepted it. But there have been billions who have lived and died without every having had that opportunity. How can someone who has never been told about what Jesus did for us acknowledge Him? And how could a truly just God condemn then to an eternity of torment without giving them the opportunity to (1) hear the truth, and (2) either accept or reject it?

Quote:
Hebrews 9:27 tells us "man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment". Believe it!

Peace.
I do believe it. We do only die once. And after we die, we will face God's judgment. And then, when Christ returns, we will face "the Final Judgment."

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-19-2012 at 05:09 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 05:53 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some universalists say that with universalism you can worship God's love without having to worship Jesus. Maybe that helps you understand where they come from. When you worship "love", there is no need to worship Jesus. Some will say that God=Jesus=Love=Universe, so in essence you worship Jesus by worshipping love.
Well done, Finn ... this ^^^^ sums up my beliefs fairly well.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:55 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Hello Pleroo

Just curious how you would define christian. I know it seems off topic, but I'm trying to get a good picture of what universalists believe. Thanks for everything you've posted so far. It has been very helpful.

Katie
You saw my response hopefully. I meant to ask you for your definition of christian, as well.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:05 PM

8,176 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Hi Sparrow,

UR ---Universal Reconciliation

Is that your definition also?

Katie

Hi Katie,
Yes.. but I don't know what you believe UR is.
You said you know I believe in Universal Reconciliation, but I just wanted to hear from you what you believe that means.

(trust me, it just makes it a lot easier to communicate when we are at least on the same page with what a term means.)

peace friend,
sparrow

Old 04-19-2012, 06:24 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
[quote=twin.spin;23936942]Moderator cut: orphaned post

For the benefit of Katie and others, here are some of the scriptures that show they will be saved "beyond judgment" as you put it.

Luke 3:6 And all people will see God’s salvation.

1 Tim 2
3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Romans 4: 18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the LORD,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him

Isaiah 45:22 “Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 “I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Isaiah 26:9 At night my soul longs for You,
Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently;
For when the earth experiences Your judgments
The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

The people learn righteousness when God's judgments come. That is the point. And so everyone will turn back to God, every knee bow, every tongue confess - even to the point of swearing allegiance. And so in Adam all were made sinners, in Christ all will be made righteous. This is because God wills and desires to save all people. And all people will see this salvation. Thus Jesus truly is the savior of the world.

Its good news for all men, just like the angels said in Luke 2:10.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-21-2012 at 03:38 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
For the benefit of Katie and others, here are some of the scriptures that show they will be saved "beyond judgment" as you put it.

Luke 3:6 And all people will see God’s salvation.

1 Tim 2
3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Romans 4: 18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the LORD,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him

Isaiah 45:22 “Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 “I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Isaiah 26:9 At night my soul longs for You,
Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently;
For when the earth experiences Your judgments
The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

The people learn righteousness when God's judgments come. That is the point. And so everyone will turn back to God, every knee bow, every tongue confess - even to the point of swearing allegiance. And so in Adam all were made sinners, in Christ all will be made righteous. This is because God wills and desires to save all people. And all people will see this salvation. Thus Jesus truly is the savior of the world.

Its good news for all men, just like the angels said in Luke 2:10.
Thanks for sharing those wonderful scriptures Lego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity