U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 04-19-2012, 06:52 AM

5,977 posts, read 3,369,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Non contradictory to its own self. Truth is Truth - it is void of the contradiction. I am indeed a universalist in the sense that I believe God will have all to be saved in due time and due order and to be testified of every man.
This is a very good point trettep.

Truth is self-evident and non-contradictory.

2+2=4. That is truth. So what is the source of truth that lets us know this is true? It is simple reason and logic. It is self-evident, it cannot be any other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:12 AM

3,737 posts, read 1,850,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Thanks, Camps.
Everyday we die (when we walk in Adam), and we live (when we walk in Christ). The two are constantly at war within our flesh, to see which will come forth.

When my wife and I don't agree on something, we can let Adam reign, which means arguing, criticizing, accusing. Or, we can allow Christ to live in us, which is loving, accepting, yielding, seeking peace rather than conflict.

The two natures cannot co-exist. Either the one will reign, or the other.

All of mankind has to learn this lesson, aisi..

Blessings,
brian

I couldn't agree more.
This is aisi too.
We're all in this together.
peace,
sparrow

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:43 AM

2,636 posts, read 841,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
This is a very good point trettep.

Truth is self-evident and non-contradictory.

2+2=4. That is truth. So what is the source of truth that lets us know this is true? It is simple reason and logic. It is self-evident, it cannot be any other way.
Okay I get that. But how do you determine whose truth is truth. There can be only one truth. Yes? No? Two people who use reason and logic can come up with two different truths about the same thing , yes? No?

Katie

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Non contradictory to its own self. Truth is Truth - it is void of the contradiction. I am indeed a universalist in the sense that I believe God will have all to be saved in due time and due order and to be testified of every man.
Could you be more specific? What kind of universalist? There seems to be so many kinds.

Kate

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Sin, since what is life if sin may abound? Additionally, that is what the very purpose of the Christ (our Savior) was:

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
So does this mean you don't sin anymore since you've been saved from sin, or does it mean you're not saved in this lifetime at all.

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:50 AM

3,286 posts, read 1,224,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
UR overhauled how I saw God so I could see how he see's me. Which also enabled me to serve him without fear and in Lightness of spirit. Scripture made far more sense knowing that He is the Savior of All too. I do not consider myself a universalist even though I believe in UR, for I do not believe UR is the full revelation of God.
Amen Tis but a starting point in a long journey

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:50 AM

5,742 posts, read 2,342,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Thanks, Camps.
Everyday we die (when we walk in Adam), and we live (when we walk in Christ). The two are constantly at war within our flesh, to see which will come forth.

When my wife and I don't agree on something, we can let Adam reign, which means arguing, criticizing, accusing. Or, we can allow Christ to live in us, which is loving, accepting, yielding, seeking peace rather than conflict.

The two natures cannot co-exist. Either the one will reign, or the other.

All of mankind has to learn this lesson, aisi..

Blessings,
brian
I heartily agree, Brian. I'm astonished by people who would tell people they have no battle with the "natural man", the "flesh and blood". If not, then how is it one must die daily and be like sheep going to be slaughtered for His name's sake? That's why I've always loved that song "I need Thee every hour" because I DO! BTW, the Mercy Me concert is tonight!

I Need Thee Every Hour - Selah - YouTube

Unread 04-19-2012, 07:51 AM

31,637 posts, read 9,631,274 times
1 Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness";

Unread 04-19-2012, 08:01 AM

3,737 posts, read 1,850,094 times
Labels confuse things more often than they clarify things, it seems to me. I don't like when I'm forced to use them.

Just state what you believe and why you believe it. Otherwise, folks are going to attach all sorts of things to you, before you barely even have a chance to explain what you believe.

That is the danger when people start slapping labels on things/people/beliefs. You could have ONE shared common belief about something, and before you know it, ten thousand other things that you do NOT believe are suddenly attached to you. All because of that one label....

Labels cause confusion and pre-judging.

peace..

Unread 04-19-2012, 08:03 AM

3,286 posts, read 1,224,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
I am the first to admit, I know next to nothing about universalism. I could probably put this question into google, but seeing there seems to be so many universalists on CD, I thought my questions could be better answered here.

1. Do all universalists consider themselves christians?

2. Are there different kinds of universalists? What are they?

3. Are some atheists universalists?

4. Are some agnostics universalists?

5. Do all universalists believe that eternal torment is non existent?

6. What is unitarian universalism?

7. Do universalists believe in the trinity?

8. Do universalists believe that Jesus is deity?

9. Do all universalists believe in UR?

I didn't start this thread to debate whether universalism is right or wrong. I'm just trying to understand where so many of you are coming from.

I don't expect anyone to answer all of my questions, and I really hope they don't sound too silly.

Most of you are familiar enough with my posts to know that I believe the Bible is the inspired and infallible word of God. Please don't expect me to change. I don't expect you to change either. That's not what this thread is about, so...

Educate me please.

Katie
Katie

For me it is really simple.

It is Gods will to save the whole world.

Jesus came to do Gods will.

We either believe Jesus fulfilled His calling or we don't.

I simply believe He did fulfill Gods will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity