Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
No Finn, it was you who ran away like a scared puppy.
Forgive me if I do not entertain comments like this.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It leads universalist to say " if you do not believe God is willing and able to accomplish His desire", it is in fact YOU who is saying God failed. Get your facts right Lee, instead of misrepresenting universalists.
My facts are dead on. You are the one making God a liar by inventing your own theology off of verses taken out of context. Than YOU twist things around and say things such as God has failed. I never said that. That is what you and others have surmised from your twisted interpretation of Scripture.

You've not only made God a liar but also a failure by your twisted doctrine.

Wow!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
My facts are dead on. You are the one making God a liar by inventing your own theology off of verses taken out of context. Than YOU twist things around and say things such as God has failed. I never said that. That is what you and others have surmised from your twisted interpretation of Scripture.

You've not only made God a liar but also a failure by your twisted doctrine.

Wow!
Never said God failed since I believed in UR, although before I believed in UR I ignorantly and unknowingly believed God failed instead of accomplishing His will( His Desire), which is for all to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. In saying that after hearing the truth about UR I was without excuse for my ignorance.

Simple question does God desire all to be saved ? . Your answer should reveal if you actually believe God is able to accomplish his desires or He is unable too,and show who it is who believes God failed to accomplish His will( His Desire)

Old 05-03-2012, 07:52 AM

689 posts, read 549,218 times
Quote:
Never said God failed since I believed in UR, although before I believed in UR I ignorantly and unknowingly believed God failed instead of accomplishing His will( His Desire), which is for all to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. In saying that after hearing the truth about UR I was without excuse for my ignorance.

Simple question does God desire all to be saved ? . Your answer should reveal if you actually believe God is able to accomplish his desires or He is unable too,and show who it is who believes God failed to accomplish His will( His Desire)
He wishes everyone is saved but by everyone's correct choice.

In accordance to your theory, the gospel shall say, "you don't need to believe in Jesus Christ to be saved, you are saved anyway".

UR is an anti-Christ doctrine such that those who believe in such a doctrine will inevitably contradict the content of the Covenant signed. God respects that covenant or else that's His failure to even signed a covenant. He thus saves only in accordance to what is signed by the covenant, it's not unconditional as UR tries to portray.

Of course, if you would like to bet with your life so be it. God is mercy enough that those Christians not believing in UR don't need to bet with their lives like you do. Good luck.

Last edited by Hawkins; 05-03-2012 at 08:07 AM..

Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post

In accordance to your theory, the gospel shall say, "you don't need to believe in Jesus Christ to be saved, you are saved anyway".

UR is an anti-Christ doctrine such that those who believe in such a doctrine will inevitably contradict the content of the Covenant signed. God respects that covenant or else that's His failure to even signed a covenant. He thus saves only in accordance to what is signed by the covenant, it's not unconditional as UR tries to portrait.

Of course, if you would like to bet with your life so be it. God is mercy enough that those Christians not believing in UR don't need to bet with their lives like you do. Good luck.
Jesus Christ made the correct choice for us.

Salvation is Today not the future. Being saved is not about avoiding hell to go to heaven.
Jesus Christ came that we might have LIFE and LIFE more abundantly in the here and now, that is the testimony of those who believe He's the Rock of their Salvation.

Heaven and Hell Christianity as no substance, it is lip service at best and a form of godliness that denies the power . what power ? .... The ability of God to restore man back to Himself

Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post

UR is an anti-Christ doctrine such that those who believe in such a doctrine will inevitably contradict the content of the Covenant signed. God respects that covenant or else that's His failure to even signed a covenant. He thus saves only in accordance to what is signed by the covenant, it's not unconditional as UR tries to portrait.

Jesus Christ made the correct choice for us. ( I know you die hard Fundies, hate the thought it was all God)

Salvation is Today not the future. Being saved is not about avoiding hell to go to heaven.
Jesus Christ came that we might have LIFE and LIFE more abundantly in the here and now, that is the testimony of those who believe He's the Rock of their Salvation.

Heaven and Hell Christianity as no substance, it is lip service at best and a form of godliness that denies the power . what power ? .... The ability of God to restore man back to Himself

Just to add. God does not wish He desires and His desires are His will and His Will is always done.

Last edited by pcamps; 05-03-2012 at 08:35 AM..

Old 05-03-2012, 09:14 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
To be honest,
I really don't know why ETers believe in Jesus Christ. After all, just the belief in God is what is sufficient, so I don't see what's "special" about Jesus Christ for an ETer...

It's as though their message is, "Jesus Christ did this and this and this.... but unless YOU do something about it, it's useless.."

Maybe someone can clarify things for me..

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
To be honest,
I really don't know why ETers believe in Jesus Christ. After all, just the belief in God is what is sufficient, so I don't see what's "special" about Jesus Christ for an ETer...

It's as though their message is, "Jesus Christ did this and this and this.... but unless YOU do something about it, it's useless.."

Blessings,
brian
Adding a required choice to Jesus' sacrifice waters down the gospel. If we need faith, belief, good works, baptism, whatever the case may be that someone believes is required, then really, why did Jesus die? We could have the same guidelines and be saved without His sacrifice. Understanding UR means understanding that His sacrifice meant everything and had a huge, magnicent purpose! Jesus died to save the world, not in hopes that some people would acquire the correct understanding to make a wise choice.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
To be honest,

Blessings,
brian
For the evangelical ET'er, Jesus is nothing more than an escape clause from hell and a free ride to heaven, and they created the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved to ease their consciences that have not been cleansed from the guilt that their beliefs keep them under.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Adding a required choice to Jesus' sacrifice waters down the gospel. If we need faith, belief, good works, baptism, whatever the case may be that someone believes is required, then really, why did Jesus die? We could have the same guidelines and be saved without His sacrifice. Understanding UR means understanding that His sacrifice meant everything and had a huge, magnicent purpose! Jesus died to save the world, not in hopes that some people would acquire the correct understanding to make a wise choice.
Quote:
For the evangelical ET'er, Jesus is nothing more than an escape clause from hell and a free ride to heaven, and they created the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved to ease their consciences that have not been cleansed from the guilt that their beliefs keep them under.
As I see things, aside from whether or not all mankind will be saved in the end, there are 2 main differences between those who believe in the doctrine of ET, and those who believe in the salvation of all mankind:

1) whether or not God's forgiveness and mercy will eventually end

2) whether Jesus' death and resurrection depends on man's choice in order to be effective.

--So for ETers, Jesus sacrifice is worthless unless man does something about it; and God's forgiveness and mercy ends at death.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity