Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 01:18 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Join the crowd forming on this thread.
I answered the question, so your accusation is false. Sure looks like the others answered too.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 01:20 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Google it? Really? I actually spent a great deal of time studying for answers within the bible you say you believe in... and, surprise, surprise ... eternal separation from God wasn't there.

You need to first ask God to remove the veil...it is there...

Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
The veil is thick. I quoted the verse on the very same post she replied to, and she still missed it. She missed it even though she went throught the trouble of removing it from the reply.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Sorry for wasting your time. I'll try to make sure I don't reply to you two again.
I didn't say you were wasting my time Finn. And why is it that you cut off the rest of what I said? The truth is, I really do often feel like you're just toying with people ... that's how your posts in UR threads come off to me. And, you did admit to me once that you enjoy doing that. But, every time I'm just about convinced that's true and am ready to write you off, you come along with a post that rings with sincerity to me. So, I keep giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Have a nice day.
Now who's taking their marbles and going home in a huff?

Well, I'll be here if you ever change your mind.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
The veil is thick. I quoted the verse on the very same post she replied to, and she still missed it. She missed it even though she went throught the trouble of removing it from the reply.

Have the courtesy of supplying a reference.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:28 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,653 times
Quote:
I answered the question, so your accusation is false. Sure looks like the others answered too.....
Nope.

Mike said this, “I bypassed your question and went to the heart of the matter.”

Jghorton said this, “Yes, I've cried out to God to save the lost.” (Which does not answer the question at all.)

And you said this, “You can demand for answers and wait, or you can google your own answers.”

Also, you have not replied to my other question:So, you say it is YOU who does the separating but it's God who does the withdrawing. Explain that please.”

Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post

Saved, I would never presume to assume that you (or anyone else) haven't asked God to "remove the veil" simply because you see something differently than I do.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
And you said this, “You can demand for answers and wait, or you can google your own answers.”
#73. Read it. And yes, you can do a little research on your own as opposed to demand others to bring verses to you on a silver platter.

Quote:
Also, you have not replied to my other question:So, you say it is YOU who does the separating but it's God who does the withdrawing. Explain that please.”
Already answered when legoman asked the same question.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,664 times
Quote:
Nope.

Mike said this, “I bypassed your question and went to the heart of the matter.”

Jghorton said this, “Yes, I've cried out to God to save the lost.” (Which does not answer the question at all.)

A person does the separating when they REJECT Christ and His work on the cross that was done on their behalf.

God does the withdrawing after being rejected. He will NOT make you have a relationship with him. Ask anyone who has rejected Him. They have seared their conscience and God allows them to do such a thing.

God does the final and eternal separating on Judgment Day when He puts the goats on left side of Him and the sheep on His right side. The right side goes to be with Him for the rest of eternity and those on the left side get to go to their own eternal home without Him.

No different than how we each choose to live right now. We are either with Him or we are without Him. Choose today, it is your own destiny after all.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:37 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
You can demand for answers and wait, or you can google your own answers. Anyone who demands and waits, proves he/she is not interested in finding the answers, but is more interested in playing games. If you wanted to know, you'd be digging for answers. There is the difference between you and me.

Is 'eternal separation' Biblical?

Yes, it is:

He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.
Pleroo, this is the verse that Finn quoted which he thinks proves eternal separation.

Notice he cleverly didn't give the verse or chapter number. Here it is for your reference, and notice the verse is not entirely unambiguous, also notice it uses the word 'aionios' which is heavily debated as to whether it actually means eternal or not.

2 Thes 1:9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Notice it can be read as Finn interprets it, but it also could be read as destruction coming from the Lord, therefore not indicating any separation, but simply destruction.

One verse does not a doctrine make. So look at Rev 14 for example:
Rev 14:10 ...He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

That definitely indicates it is NOT separation.

Furthermore, God is omnipresent... I believe while God may not act in every situation, He is certainly present in every situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity