Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:29 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

...you can just secretly hope for it in your heart!

"Love believes all things, hopes all things..."

"Whatsoever is good... think on these things."

Blessings to all,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 06:31 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
...you can just secretly hope for it in your heart!

"Love believes all things, hopes all things..."

Blessings to all,
brian
Love never fails!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
If one truly is a "Universalist", why don't they just "hope it in their heart".

Why is there on a Christian forum more posts about Universal Reconciliation than any other topic?

Why aren't you guys talking about what Christ said or did?

Could it be because there is an aggressive movement to make professing Christians to believe UR doctrine?

Acts 20:28-30

28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Does it say God has purchased everyone with his own blood or only his Church?

29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Does destruction sound like Universal Reconciliation?

If you want to believe it in your heart fine, but to actively promote this false doctrine is another matter.

It's not a group of people keeping it in their heart. It is a group of people aggressively promoting a political agenda under a false doctrine - not sparing the flock. The Scriptures say these false teachers "will bring upon themselves swift destruction".

If destruction sounds like Universal Reconciliation to you than so be it. Why not keep the matter in your heart?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:14 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
If one truly is a "Universalist", why don't they just "hope it in their heart".

Why is there on a Christian forum more posts about Universal Reconciliation than any other topic?
Universalists aren't Christians? Really?

Quote:
Why aren't you?

Quote:
Could it be because there is an aggressive movement to make professing Christians to believe UR doctrine?
Perhaps folks like us are feeling the joy of liberation from the hateful enslaving erroneous doctrine of hell.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
If destruction sounds like Universal Reconciliation to you than so be it.
It's about destruction of the "old man" and the "flesh."

Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
If we can't accept it we do not believe God word is an accomplishing word and that He is able to do that which it is sent out for. God sent His word in human form to be the Savior of the world. Basically doubting that God's word does not accomplish what it sent out for is taking away from the book and you Fundy's are well aware of the consequences of that.

Wow I sound like a right fundamentalist

Old 04-26-2012, 08:53 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Just had to post this passage of God's Love again:

1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.

5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

6 In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted;

7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever.

(Micah 4)

Oh, what visions of the Kingdom this stirs within my soul!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Really? Does no one else see the irony in this question?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 AM

811 posts, read 810,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Really? Does no one else see the irony in this question?

I see it

And UR is about what Christ did
ET on the other hand would be about what Christ failed to do.
seek and save the lost is what he came to do and will do.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
I see it

And UR is about what Christ did
ET on the other hand would be about what Christ failed to do.
seek and save the lost is what he came to do and will do.
Exactly!

Lee, I'm surprised you would even ask that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity