Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

...with every Kingdom or nation, there is a priesthood.
But, it doesn't make killing right, nor can you justify it as act of righteousness.

"If, it is not right or correct one-hundred percent of the time; it's not truth."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
as a veteran, i also served in iraq. did many convoys out there. i think the topic of killing others can be based on our motives. When i left the wire what was i thinking, " hope i get into some action and shoot someone" or was it thinking " Lord keep us from all danger i really dont want to shoot anyone". So when you had to kill what were your motives. did you desire to kill an enemy, or did you hope for no combat action? It is about where your heart was when you were there. That is just my opinion.
Good example is the old movie SGT. York...True as far as I know...CMH recipient, etc...Has anyone here ever watched it?...

Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am also a Veteran..I never saw combat, but did see and care for the ones who did. In our Military Hospitals I saw the life changing results in the disabilities including the mental anguish of those who were in combat.

I believe with all my heart and soul that you are not guilty of anything except love for
your fellow countrymen and their continued freedoms.

Thank you for your service to your country and God Bless
What was your role, Miss Blue?...It doesn't matter what it was, without it none of us could do what we did and do...Every cog is important in the machine...With out all the cogs operating and doing their jobs, the machine ceases to function...So, whatever your function was, I say thank you......

Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
~ Actually Lee scripture shows that there's only one
Land Mass on earth which God entered into a Covenant with
by His Own Oath. And this Land Mass is The City 0f Jerusalem.
Ezekiel 16:1,8

Just because someone says they vow a land mass to God
does not mean He accepts it as His.

Especially seeing that America Vows to
Support, Fight and Die for the right of all gods
to be worshiped equally here as He is.
That is a question that has always been in my mind for a long time...A freind of mine, who is now a Pastor, before going to Hatfield Bible Seminary, attended and was degreed from Lafayette University in History...This he said gave him the tools to ferret out Truth and use logic and reason before going on to obtain his divinity degree...He said, if I remember correctly, that the item in the Bill of Rights on Religious Freedom was not penned with all religions in mind, But rather with the atrocities that occured in Europe where one was forced to follow the Christian doctrine of the state...In other words we as a new republic were not going to follow the old ways in forming a nation with a national religion, for many fled to the new world because of persecution...Puritans, Anibaptists, Presbyterians, Quakers, Shakers, etc...And with that fresh in their memories, they penned the religious freedom item of the Bill of Rights...It was to prevent those who thought they had all the answers from persecuting others as the Catholic Church did to the Protestants in europe with full immunity...And then the Protestants in turn did to the Anibaptists...They did not have in mind protecting the Eastern Mystery Religions, etc...But, the Doctrines of Christianity...However people have interpreted it to mean even Satanism is to be protected from persecution...Which just were not the thoughts of the Christian Forefathers that penned the Constitution of the United States...We were not going to do what they where doing in Europe nor tolerate it...Remember, seperation of Church and State, using this terminalogy would imply (Church?) that they were thinking from a Christian standpoint...All christians believe Yeshua is the Way, however they all have minor differences, some baptize infants, while others believe that one should be of an age of accountability before one is baptized, etc....These were minor differences that those in Europe were perscuting people unto death for espousing...This was exactly what the ammendment was designed to prevent...Not protecting ALL Religions...Buddhism, Shintoism, Islam, etc...But Christian thought...The way in which we serve Yehovaw should not be guided by the State, but by our own convictions...The Bible tells us not to argue over Doctrine, for it profits us nothing and causes divisions...Look at us today for not following that simple rule....So, no, the creaters of the Constitution did not have ALL Religions in mind when they wrote the Bill of Rights item on Religious Freedom, for them there was only One True Religion, that of Yehovaw and Yeshua....

Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
But, it doesn't make killing right, nor can you justify it as act of righteousness.

"If, it is not right or correct one-hundred percent of the time; it's not truth."
That would be speaking about Prophets that say they are speaking from Yehovaw, where it states in the Law that if their prophecy did not 100% come to fruition, then they were not from Yehovaw and they were to be stoned to death...

Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That would be speaking about Prophets that say they are speaking from Yehovaw, where it states in the Law that if their prophecy did not 100% come to fruition, then they were not from Yehovaw and they were to be stoned to death...
...that would be speaking about anything man says, or his actions, if contrary to truth.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO "LOVE YOUR ENEMY" ????

The "just war" doctrine is yet another example of that axis of evil, Augustine and Aquinas, who hijacked Jesus' message of peace with their own messages of self righteous justification of hatred.

Who is "Christian"???? Read the words of Jesus to find out!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your response.

As I started to read through this thread I started to sense being surrounded by darkness, when this happens I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, this is what happens to me when I sense evil.
It is the total opposite of that feeling that we get of joy from a positive religious/spiritual experience, it feels like all hope is lost, very dark.

You know during WWII many pastors in Germany counciled soldiers that it was right and justified to fight for the Nazis, and these young men went off to war wrapped in a flag carrying a cross.

Last edited by ted08721; 04-28-2012 at 11:02 AM..

Old 04-28-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Now, right from the outset i'm going to admit that i'm not a religious person. My wife however is Irish and was raised as a Catholic and from various conversations over the years i'm aware that she isn't 100% decided on where i'll 'end up' so to speak.

So, i thought i'd ask on here. I'm not really after the Bibles view on the matter i'm after yours. As a soldier over the years i have killed people and as an infantryman i have done so directly. I know that my actions have been on behalf of my country and may have saved lives directly and indirectly but in the end i was the one that killed them.

Anyway, i was wondering what you think on this matter.

Thank you.
Who told you that lie

Old 04-28-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The military is an honorable profession. Killing in defense of your country is justified. It is not murder and there is no reason to ever feel guilty about having to kill the enemy in war. Our country's freedom was won and maintained through military victory.

Though you didn't ask for the Bible's view, what I said above reflects the Bible's view. God often ordered the Israelites to go to war against the enemy.

Human warfare is an extension of the spiritual warfare which continues throughout human history. The Bible says that God is a warrior (Exodus 15:3). God is the Lord of Hosts (ṣə·ḇā·’ō·wṯ - armies) (1 Chronicles 11:9).

There are times when life and freedom must be defended and fought for, and killing those who would take your life and freedom away is justified in the eyes of God.

Thank you for your part in defending freedom.
There is nothing honorable or heroic about killing,especially innocent men, women and children; running into a burning building to save a person is heroic and honorable.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am also a Veteran..I never saw combat, but did see and care for the ones who did. In our Military Hospitals I saw the life changing results in the disabilities including the mental anguish of those who were in combat.

I believe with all my heart and soul that you are not guilty of anything except love for
your fellow countrymen and their continued freedoms.
Thank you for your service to your country and God Bless
Sorry Miss Blue I don't need anyone going halfway around the world and killing someone to express their love for me.
And I don't feel any safer, I fear that we have created hatred towards us; nore do I feel freer just the opposite with laws pass dealing with homeland security and the latest bill NDAA, our freedom and rights are being stripped away just like in Germany during Hitler's reign.

Did you know that our sanctions on Iraq led to over a half a million children dying, and that was before the actual invasion started, sanctions are an act of war; do you feel it was worth it?

Madeleine Albright - 60 Minutes - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity