Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times

Advertisements

Let's count our blessings. We are ALL brothers and sisters. I love you all.... You may hate my beliefs (universalism) but I just am so extremely grateful to our Lord for you all. From the rooftop "I love you all".....

Couldn't resist.....

Love, Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,252,328 times
Great thread, Trettep! An old hymn I sang as a girl said, "Count your blessings, name them one by one." It meant nothing to me then; I just sang the words. I could see no blessings in my life then. But in time, i realized that until I lived a life of true thankfulness, my life would be permanently permeated with the dismal. By the grace of G-d, His mercy, and His instruction, I taught myself to be grateful, then it became natural.

Today, I am grateful for the good life He has given me. I was given a death sentence of 6 months to 20 years in 1995, and 18 years later, they aren't even CLOSE!
  • I know the L-rd, and He has been so gracious to me.
    I have a husband who treats me like a treasure.
    I have children and grandchildren who love me, treat me so, and even tell me they love me.
    I have other family members who are so good to me.
    I get out of bed every morning and walk across the room -- with spunk!
    All my body-parts work -- and they work even better than they did 93 pounds ago.
    I have a fabulous job that lets me sleep in until 9 a.m. if I chose to do so!
    My job is 5 minutes away.
    I go to work Mon - Thu and have Friday, Saturday, and almost every Sunday off!
    I have a home, food to eat, a bed, and all the other stuff that goes with that.
    My husband and I have vehicles that take us where we need to go, plus.
    But good night, if I told all my blessings, it would go on and on, so I'll stop there.

Thank you, Trettep. We all need to think about such things daily.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Thank you, Paul. God bless you and have a great day!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
My blessings!

Knowing and having an amazing relationship with our Father and His Son, Jesus Christ
Knowing the depth of His love and plans for mankind
A loving and sweet family who is always there for me
Reasonably good health, able to do so many things that so many people are unable to do
A family of beautiful children that I can write to and help out when I can
The young minds at school that God has allowed me to be able to teach and hopefully guide in the right way
All of the material blessings like a nice home, a peaceful neighborhood to live in, friendly neighbors
Food, shelter, clothes, so many things that so many people don't have
My loving pet who keeps me on my toes
All of my friends in various circles who are supportive and interesting to learn from
Music and it's healing power, ability to bring people together
Angels all around us in the smiles of children and those who bless us in so many ways
Each new day which is an opportunity to praise Him and share His love with others
The hope of the future

So many other blessings!!

God bless and peace

Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
I think the most wonderful thing I'm blessed with learning today is that our Lord directs my steps. For so long, I thought things were left to just my own will and chance.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:49 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
trettep, I love you too! But if universalism was in the Bible I could believe it.

The Bible is quiet on universalism.

But it does say God will save all mankind (1 Tim.2:4-6)

reconcile all (Col.1:20)

Make all mankind righteous and justify all mankind (Romans 5:18,19).

That I believe!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 PM

6 posts, read 5,154 times
It just occurred to me that when either side can come together and profess love for the other that somewhere the love of God has to somewhere be there...God Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity