U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 PM

29,261 posts, read 19,310,480 times

Advertisements

Even if He fails to accomplish to do so.
All you did was believe what the scriptures say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,599,361 times
God is love. Love never fails.
Many believe that we deserve to end up in never ending torment/hell/fire for believing this and sharing this - that the love and power of God will not fail to open all eyes and win all hearts. I do not believe that darkness is greater than the Light or that evil is greater that God and His goodness, love, and power to win all to Himself. God is love, is what is revealed in the scriptures and Love is the greatest force in the world and it will not be defeated. This is what I believe. God bless and peace.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 PM

36,217 posts, read 24,331,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
God is love. Love never fails.
Many believe that we deserve to end up in never ending torment/hell/fire for believing this and sharing this - that the love and power of God will not fail to open all eyes and win all hearts. I do not believe that darkness is greater than the Light or that evil is greater that God and His goodness, love, and power to win all to Himself. God is love, is what is revealed in the scriptures and Love is the greatest force in the world and it will not be defeated. This is what I believe. God bless and peace.
Amen, Shana!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:27 PM

11,821 posts, read 9,584,023 times
No... you'll end up in hell if one doesn't believe in the triune God, that Jesus is God, that Jesus is your subsitute from sin, that Jesus physically rose from the dead before one time of grace is over.

So for all those who don't believe the above and instead believe the UR's promise will be sent to hell.
Then... those who mislead those into a false gospel promise will be held accountable and sent to hell for their deception of others.

If you want verses references, look up John 3:36, Ezekiel 3:20-21, 2 Peter 2:1

Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM

36,217 posts, read 24,331,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No... you'll end up in hell if one doesn't believe in the triune God, that Jesus is God, that Jesus is your subsitute from sin, that Jesus physically rose from the dead before one time of grace is over.

So for all those who don't believe the above and instead believe the UR's promise will be sent to hell.
What does believing any of the above have to do with following Christ's commands to "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't? How does believing any of that accomplish anything? Why on earth would any of that matter to God if we are following Christ's commands? Why on earth would such concerns lead to an eternity of torment in hell?

Old 04-28-2012, 11:02 PM

463 posts, read 373,434 times
Find the connections.

The son can do nothing on his own, he can only do what he sees his father doing; for whatever the father does the son does likewise, for the Father loves the Son and whatever he does he shows him, and he will show him greater works than these, so that YOU may be amazed.

"No one has gone up to heaven except the one who has come down from heaven, the Son of Man. "

"It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god."

"I said you are gods, sons of the most high."

"The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep."

JN 8:31 "If you continue in my teaching you are truly my disciple, then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

JN 6:45 "Anyone who has listened to the Father and learned from Him comes to me."

"If anyone would serve me, he must follow me, where I am that's where my servant will be."

"My servant will eat but you will go hungry. My servant will drink but you will go thirsty."

"The son of man comes eating and drinking."

JN 4:34"My food is doing the will of Him who sent me and bringing His work to completion."

Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
So for all those who don't believe the above
Hi, meaning which is Twin.spin's belief God bless and peace.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:09 PM

What Jesus did on the cross will reverse what Adam did when he disobeyed God. Jesus came to bring restoration and healing. The last enemy to be made of no effect will be death. (1 Cor. 15) God bless and peace.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:32 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,410,271 times
Potentially Jesus is a Saviour to all , and all can go to Christ and receive His blessing , even the worst of sinners ...... But for people are the slackers and fail or reject Jesus call , then there will be No mercy following their departure from life on the earth , as there is no mercy for the devil and his fallen angels .......See the scriptures that one must also believe which can lead a person to seek the Lord Jesus ... from Luke 13: 2-5.....``Suppose you that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans, because they suffered such things?........I Tell you Nay, but except you repent , you will all likewise perish.........Or the whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think you that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem......I Tell You , But Except You Repent You will All Likewise Perish``........See God ways are unbending and one must seek out the Lord in His way , and reject the ways from the desires of man , which are made up and will fail......

Old 04-29-2012, 05:11 AM

29,261 posts, read 19,310,480 times
I started this thread for the sake of you believers who dare not believe and confess He's the Savior of All, even though your heart is telling you it is the truth. That thought you have that He IS,Is the I AM speaking to you, not the devil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or